Which air conditioner buy to work with OH?

I want buy air conditioner, but question is which manufacter is the best for integration into OH ?
I found here that maybe Gree, Daikin is working or others ?
What’s your experince ?
Thank you
Alex

The Midea binding is working with several brands:

In my case it is Kaisai …

Thank you Kaisai isn’t so common in my country.
They offer me a Toshiba, Daikin, Cyen, Samsung…
And I want be sure that it will work with openHab

If these brands are using the Nethome Plus App, they should work.

I can’t find anythink about it.

The AC unit needs a dongle to connect to your wi-fi. The installer (if not you) should be able to answer the question about what application works with that dongle.

The OH binding was ported in part from the Home Assistant version that references many brands. I can’t vouch for the HA list, but as noted by @sihui, if the dongle works with NetHome plus, it should be fine. I have a Cooper&Hunter.

Midea Group(Hualing, Senville, Klimaire, AirCon, Century, Pridiom, Thermocore, Comfee, Toshiba, Carrier, Goodman, Friedrich, Samsung, Kenmore, Trane, Lennox, LG and much more)

https://github.com/mac-zhou/midea-ac-py

Why do you need to control the Air Conditioner?
Can you use any Thermostat?
There are many thermostats that can be used with OpenHAB

Just for clarity, these AC units are for rooms (or specific areas) and not a central system with a thermostat. In the absence of LAN integration, there is a handheld IR remote control device.

That what I would have suggested. If there is an IR remote with the AC unit it can very likely be integrated with an IR blaster and copying the IR codes from the remote to be integrated into openHAB. That’s what I have been doing with my Trotec AC.

MHI (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries) with Intesis/Airconwithme WiFi adaptor. Full local control via Intesis-Binding…

I have been using Daikin for years and am very satisfied with the device and it can also be fully controlled by OH.

I also use Daikin. The nice thing about the Daikin binding is that it doesn’t require a cloud connection; it uses local communication.

I am using Mitsubishi ACs. There is an openHAB binding available (so called „MELcloud“) and I can control my ACs in the house via openHAB.
The ACs need the Mitsubishi WIFI module - but that‘s obvious, right? :innocent:

Ok let me check if Mitsubishi is offered by local companies

Also new Daikin devices ? Because in the Daikin bindings I can see only this : BRP069A81, BRP069B41, BRP072A42, BRP072C42
But new devices are with other units

Looks like a Daikin is one of the favourite unit, if also new units are fully supported

Right :slight_smile:

I have the model Comfora, it is still in the current portfolio.
Edit: Of course you need a WLAN controller, I have the BRP069B41

Thank you. Good to know