Widget: Alarm Keypad

Updated to make it responsive. Added animated gif

Can this be used as a stand alone keypad to toggle a security system without the AlarmDecoder? If so, how do you set a password?

Give me a better description of what you are trying to do. The AlarmDecoder is basically optional, you can define where the keys go (which item receives it) when you presses something on the keypad. On the settings page, it’s the Alarm Panel Command. So for example, if you press 1, then that item receives a 1.

Basically I am trying to use the keypad to toggle a switch called security switch, but I only want the switch to be able to toggle it through the keypad and if the keycode entered is correct.
I have very limited exposure to coding, so I’m not exactly sure how I can do this. In the settings page, I can select any of my items (aka security switch) but I do not understand how to program a keycode like a 4 digit password. Do you have an example of your ArmStay rule?

Fair enough. I’ll make a more generic keypad widget, one that only has one receiving item. It will basically be keys 0-9, send, clear, and backspace.

Here’s a generic/universal keypad:

1 Like

Thanks for your work on the keypad. I tweaked mine to better fit my system and I am very happy with it.

3 Likes

Looks nice !!

Lucky, Does the alarm keypad work with DSC binding and envisalink?

Should work any Alarm, but you can also use THIS

@DennisVonDerBey Would you share your complete Dashboard config of the pictured dashboard?

Lucky,

I got this keypad to work. I can enable my alarm system by clicking away or stay but how do I deactivate the system? I click off and nothing happens.

OFF sends “1” (since it’s the ‘norm’ for most alarms) so you need to hit PIN then OFF.

Example, if your PIN is 1234, you would hit 12341 OR 1234OFF.

I didn’t want to put a macro on disarming it for obvious reasons. If there was a burglar in your home, all he has to do is hit OFF. That won’t be real nice

Thats weird. I enter in my 4 digit number and press off and I get for my status, partition Armed (ZEA)

This is what I have for my settings

ok fair enough. I’ll update it in a few mins

Updated. You can now define which Item to receive the OFF button.

So you can create a rule:

rule "OFF"
when
    Item YOUROFFITEM received command
then
   //do something to your alarm
end

ok so I just go back into import widget gallery and re-install?

yep

Hum. I Updated it and changed the alarm panel command off to(see photo) and the same thing happens.