Wifiled (Wifilight) Binding

I have some questions to this Binding.
I found this repo on Github

Will this device work with this Binding and does somebody know which controller they are using?
I guess its an LD686 , because they have an CW Channel
Will this Binding support the LD686 too?

During my research i found some interesting Information in the FHEM Forum (here).

According to this discussion there are only small differences between the controllers as “set RGBWW + WWC” for example

Hello!

The binding says it should work with Magic Home, and the controller you linked uses the same Android app, so, I guess it should work. I’m waiting for Arilux Wi-Fi LED strip controller to arrive and I would like to test it with this binding (Arilux uses Magic Home Android app too), but I can’t see the binding in the OpenHAB 2 official repository, nor in the Paper UI extensions. Anyone knows if it’s been removed for some reason?

Best regards,
Davor

I think they reverse engineered the Android App for this Binding, but the repo is 8 month old and i guess also the app uses differnet profiles for different devices.

You should be carefull, because i think at the moment there are only profiles for the following controllers LD382A, LD382, LD686. At the moment the binding in OH should work reliable with LD382A, LD382.

just scroll to the end for the last working binding.
here

At the moment i dont have one of these controllers. The LD686 is 10€ cheaper than the ones with LD382A and brings me more functionality, thats why iam interested.

Hello!

Thank you for the link. When my controller arrives, I’ll test it with this binding. I didn’t even know that this binding exists. I was going to sniff network traffic and make some kind of a Python script myself. If this turns out to be working, it would be a great bonus, but if it doesn’t, I’ll make it work the hard way. I’ll post my findings here when I get my hands on the Arilux controller.

Best regards,
Davor

Hello!

My controller arrived yesterday, and I can confirm that binding works with this type of the controller (Arilux AL-LC01: http://www.banggood.com/ARILUX-AL-LC01-Super-Mini-LED-WIFI-Smart-RGB-Controller-For-RGB-LED-Strip-Light-DC-9-12V-p-1058603.html). Two problems I’ve had with it wasn’t binding related - controller didn’t want to connect to my Wi-Fi network, so I’ve had to shorten WPA2 PSK (I’ve made a conclusion that PSK should be under 30 characters long). The second problem I’ve found is one of the devices in a chain (AC adapter, Wi-Fi controller, LED strip) makes high-pitched noise when dimmed, but it’s a problem with this manufacturer, rather then general controller problem. I’m using LD382A device protocol, but haven’t had time to test Fading device driver. I’ll probably test it tonight and report my findings. Using Classic device driver, all channels work correctly (color selection, dimming, power switch, program selection and program speed - although I’ve only tried 7 colors fading and 7 colors jump, I guess other programs should work as well).

Best regards,
Davor

Is there any way to access the level of the R/G/B channels discretely, instead of with HSB values? I’m using one of these to control three shelves with LED lights, and it makes a great multi-channel LED PWM dimmer. RIght now I’m just using a single dimmer value to dim all three channels together as “white”.

Thanks,
Dave

2 Likes

interesting that this device works… thanks for this reply, thougt this controller is not supported

Yes, I have it configured as LD382A, Classic driver. The binding version I’m using I did compile myself, from xylo’s GitHub repository, and I believe this has now been added to the main OH2 repository. I did need to tweak xlyo’s code to add a fifth channel, as it did not work immediately in OH2.

According to my notes, this is all I changed:

ClassicWiFiLEDDriver.java
Line 128:
-           byte[] bytes = new byte[] { 0x31, r, g, b, w, 0x00 }; 
+           byte[] bytes = new byte[] { 0x31, r, g, b, w, 0x00, 0x00 };

1 Like

I did recommend to add this controller at xylos repo. He gave me a positive answer (just for information)

1 Like

Does anyone know why the binding disappeared from the plugins repo?

Hello!

I’m running OH2 build 798 nightly and it is listed in the bindings. What build are you using?

Best regards,
Davor

I have it installed from apt, so the latest one from there. I’m not at home to check exactly.

Hello!

If I’m not mistaken, WiFiLED binding is included in the latest openHAB2-Bundles (19.02.2017 8:58:46 PM) on CloudBees. I’m not sure which build apt uses, but latest OH2 build failed, so, maybe that’s the problem.

Best regards,
Davor

I’ve installed OH by downloading the rpi image as well, and I can’t see WifiLED in Add-ons -> Bindings either. Is it possible to install the binding manually?

Not sure whether this will help, but the snapshot repo has moved:

I have installed the snapshot from this weekend from this new repo and the wifiled binding is there

Thanks @lipp_markus, found it after updating!

Hello guys,

anyone who can tell me how to setup my wifilight RGB stripe controller? Can’t set a startup color, brightness and saturation.

Did you find a solution for the high pitch noise? Mine does that too and it’s driving me nuts.

Hello!

I’ve just squeezed it in various spots, and that made noise a lot less annoying. It doesn’t have to be totally quiet, because I have other stuff making noise. It just has to be under that threshold.

Best regards,
Davor

Okey will try to squeeze it a bit :slight_smile: Otherwise I’ll try to add some sound absorbing around it.