Will there be a "Bosch Smart Home" binding?

Posting just to keep track of future changes!
Is there anywhere with a list of up to date compatible devices, types of channels available and so on?

1 Like

Hi @Pedro_Liberal,

Thanks for following our development. We are currently working on the first merge of our binding into openHAB, so feel free to follow that process at https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/pull/8371

About the list: The maintainers also requested something similar during the pull request, so there will be something like this soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
any chance to include/Support Bosch‘s radiator thermostats?

Hi @d0whiletrue,

Thanks for your interest in our binding. New devices will be added after we made the first release (currently in review by the openHAB maintainers). Could you open a ticket in our issue tracker? https://github.com/stefan-kaestle/openhab2-addons/issues This way other users and devs can comment and give a thumbs up. We work on the most wanted tickets first, of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you all for coding and setting up a PR [boschshc] Initial contribution - Bindings for Bosch Smart Home devices by coeing · Pull Request #8371 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub

Do you have a jar file I could test?

Hi @jensflorian,

Thanks for your request to test our binding :slight_smile: We just created an up-to-date version (Beta 4) which is really close to the final first release: Release v1.0 Beta 4 · stefan-kaestle/openhab2-addons (github.com)

If you find any issues with the version, please report them as separate tickets in our issue tracker: Issues · stefan-kaestle/openhab2-addons (github.com)

Cheers and happy holidays
Christian

Hello Christian,

i tried yesterday this Addon. I have the exeption with the keystore. In github is a pull request. Is there a build process in the background to get a new jar file or can you upload / send a new file?

Thank you for the work with this addon.
Jörg

Hi @jkarsten,

Thanks for your testing. The fix was integrated today and I created a new beta release: Release v1.0 Beta 5 · stefan-kaestle/openhab2-addons (github.com) If you should still have issues with that release, do not hesitate to create a new issue in our repository, so we can work on it :slight_smile:

Cheers
Christian

1 Like

Hi Christian,
i am connected with the Controller and i see my Thermostate and Room Climate Control.
I added both as a Thing and i see the Temprature, Valve and Temprature, Setpoint from the Climate Control.
Thank you,
Jörg

Hi Jörg,
how did you set the things up exactly in OH3 Main UI? I’m still getting NULL from the Climate Control, however debug tells me, that long polling of the data is successful:

2020-12-27 14:59:19.411 [DEBUG] [.internal.devices.bridge.LongPolling] - Sending long poll request
2020-12-27 14:59:19.632 [DEBUG] [.internal.devices.bridge.LongPolling] - Long poll response: {“result”:[{“path”:“/devices/hdm:HomeMaticIP:3014F711A000289A185B21CB/services/TemperatureLevel”,“@type”:“DeviceServiceData”,“id”:“TemperatureLevel”,“state”:{“@type”:“temperatureLevelState”,“temperature”:20.5},“deviceId”:“hdm:HomeMaticIP:3014F711A000289A185B21CB”}],“jsonrpc”:“2.0”}

2020-12-27 14:59:19.632 [DEBUG] [devices.bridge.BoschSHCBridgeHandler] - Got update for hdm:HomeMaticIP:3014F711A000289A185B21CB
2020-12-27 14:59:19.632 [DEBUG] [devices.bridge.BoschSHCBridgeHandler] - Registered device: id=roomClimateControl_hz_1 - looking for hdm:HomeMaticIP:3014F711A000289A185B21CB
2020-12-27 14:59:19.632 [DEBUG] [.internal.devices.bridge.LongPolling] - Sending long poll request
2020-12-27 14:59:19.699 [DEBUG] [.internal.devices.bridge.LongPolling] - Long poll response: {“result”:[{“path”:“/devices/roomClimateControl_hz_1/services/TemperatureLevel”,“@type”:“DeviceServiceData”,“id”:“TemperatureLevel”,“state”:{“@type”:“temperatureLevelState”,“temperature”:20.5},“deviceId”:“roomClimateControl_hz_1”}],“jsonrpc”:“2.0”}

2020-12-27 14:59:19.700 [DEBUG] [devices.bridge.BoschSHCBridgeHandler] - Got update for roomClimateControl_hz_1
2020-12-27 14:59:19.700 [DEBUG] [devices.bridge.BoschSHCBridgeHandler] - Registered device: id=roomClimateControl_hz_1 - looking for roomClimateControl_hz_1

Edit: I found the reason: The preceding “id=” from the log file should not go into the thing ID. No I’m seeing the data too.

Hi, thats nice to hear.
I have Data from Climate Control and i can set a temprature with an item and a page but i cant do that under location. I made a Location and new points from thing in the model tree.
Jörg

Thank you very much for all the effort the team spent into creating the Bosch SHC binding! You are awesome. :slight_smile:

I gave v1.0 Beta 4 a try on OH 3.0.0 and I have problems connecting to the controller.

CONFIGURATION_ERROR
Die SSL Verbindung zum Bosch Smart Home Controller ist nicht möglich.

I installed the .jar file into the addons directory.

$ ls -la /opt/docker/openhab/addons/
total 3676
drwxr-xr-x 2 openhab openhab    4096 Dez 31 16:03 .
drwxr-xr-x 5 openhab openhab    4096 Dez 23 17:46 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 openhab openhab 3755362 Dez 23 13:09 org.openhab.binding.boschshc-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Then I restarted the complete OpenHAB Docker container.

I added the boschshc:shc bridge thing according to the release notes. I am very positive that the network address and the system password are correct. I also pressed the button on the SHC and it is blinking.

The SHC replies when pinged from whithin the container.

When looking at the openhab.log I can see the same message over and over every time I remove/install the thing or I pause/re-start it.

2020-12-31 16:23:50.717 [INFO ] [internal.devices.bridge.BoschSslUtil] - Creating new keystore /openhab/userdata/etc/oss_openhab_binding_6a89c45c-3219-4cdc-8174-79bc645b4b17.jks because it doesn't exist.
2020-12-31 16:27:53.686 [INFO ] [internal.devices.bridge.BoschSslUtil] - Creating new keystore /openhab/userdata/etc/oss_openhab_binding_6a89c45c-3219-4cdc-8174-79bc645b4b17.jks because it doesn't exist.
1 Like

Hi @MarkJ, the Beta 4 has a bug. Please use the Release v1.0 Beta 5 · stefan-kaestle/openhab2-addons · GitHub version with the fixed pairing.

1 Like

Hi @gerdzanker, happy new year! :fireworks:

Yes, that was the problem. I wonder why I used an old version. :man_facepalming: Now it is working and I can see found devices in the log.

2 Likes

am i able to link the controller via the “key” on the shipped label or do i need to get the key from the app?

okay finally found openhab2-addons/README.md at v1.0-beta.5 · stefan-kaestle/openhab2-addons · GitHub so i changed the “key” to my password, still not connecting, SSL connection unavailable in OH3

Hi @majstealth,

You need the IP address of your home controller and the system password. What do you mean with “key”?

ip is the controller, password the one i set in the app
since the picture upload does not to work with me, here the error message
“Status:OFFLINE
CONFIGURATION_ERROR
Die SSL Verbindung zum Bosch Smart Home Controller ist nicht möglich.”

the “key” i mentioned might be the zigbee key? it is printed on each device and on another piece of paper in each box, corresponding to the device

I had the same error message when I used an outdated, buggy version of the binding. Are you using v1.0-beta.5 from December 26th? That version works and is able to communicate with the SHC.

1 Like

had what ever version downloaded 30.12., newly is exactly the same size, i will see if something changes after the reboot

Hi @majstealth,
can you try to delete the <userdata>/etc/oss_openhab_binding_*.jks file in your openhab installation and restart the Bosch SHC bridge?
The certificate file is created with the password value for your very first start and updates or change of the password is not implemented up to now, see Handle change of Home Controller system password correctly · Issue #55 · stefan-kaestle/openhab2-addons · GitHub
But soon I need take care of this, because during initial installation we must support fixes of e.g. password typos in a better way.

1 Like