Will there be a "Bosch Smart Home" binding?

this did the trick, thank you

1 Like

Hi folks,

could someone please point me to the latest build of the binding for openHAB 2.5? I can only find the Beta 6 for download and this one is for the 3.0, right?
Or is it somehow possible to run a 3.0 binding with 2.5?
Thanks!

Hi @Digitalvitamin ,

First of all: Thanks for your answers regarding Home Connect :slight_smile:

About openHAB 2.5: There is no official release of our binding for openHAB 2.5 as we moved to openHAB 3.0 during development. Release v1.0 Beta 1 · stefan-kaestle/openhab2-addons · GitHub was for openHAB 2.5, but back then there still were some major bugs in our code. You can see all releases here: Releases · stefan-kaestle/openhab2-addons (github.com)

1 Like

i noticed my 1 smart plug stopping updating wattage and consumption, i will test the new version 6, but sounds like my problem

hello,
i have the same error: CONFIGURATION_ERROR

Die SSL Verbindung zum Bosch Smart Home Controller ist nicht möglich.

i installed the v1.0 Beta6

here the logs:
openhab.log
2021-01-19 09:04:24.937 [INFO ] [internal.devices.bridge.BoschSslUtil] - Creating new keystore /var/lib/openhab/etc/oss_openhab_binding_***.jks because it doesn’t exist.

and events.log
2021-01-19 09:04:24.914 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'boschshc:shc:‘ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
2021-01-19 09:04:28.716 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'boschshc:shc:
‘ changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR): Die SSL Verbindung zum Bosch Smart Home Controller ist nicht möglich.

What is the failure?

sounds like either a password or ip problem. check if it creates a new/changes jks after you changed your password in oh3, regarding 9days ago post from gerd Will there be a "Bosch Smart Home" binding? - #102 by GerdZanker

oh I got it.
I did not found the file with the password.

But I have another question:
I have some thermostats, can I only see the temperature and the status of valve? Can I change the temperature?

not sure 100% but it seems the binding still stops working after some hours/days, on/off still works for my plug but i do not get data for wattage and used power anymore
restarted OH, data comes in again

Hi @handballmanni,

Thanks for trying our binding :slight_smile: The thermostat devices only report their temperature and the valve status. But there are some virtual devices called climate controls which are created per room. You can set the temperature for them (called setpoint temperature).

Yes, we still have one major bug in the binding which makes it stop updating after 24 hours. See After 24h no Temprature update with Climate Control · Issue #62 · stefan-kaestle/openhab2-addons (github.com) for the current state of the fix. There is a test version which might fix it (we will know tomorrow) if you are interested in trying it out.

looking at my charts while being away, i would say the fix does work so far

1 Like

@majstealth Could you tell me which version you tested? There is still a bug when the controller restarts due to an update, a loss of power or network disconnect ( After Update and Reboot the Controller the Thing is Offline · Issue #74 · stefan-kaestle/openhab2-addons (github.com)) I think I found a solution but I will wait for other devs to check the test version before I merge it into the main version. We will probably do an update to v1.1 afterwards.

i used that version above , updated the shc this morning and it was offline due to a polling error but connection between the plug and shc was constant for the last 5+ days

edit: did you reverse engineer by listening what the app exchanges with the bridge?
would id be possible to get zigbee stuff into the bridge with a binding/software, instead of the app?

I would like to thank you for the great addon. The addon ran great for a few days, but I can’t get the status of my devices back correctly. All devices are “online”. The following warnings are noted in the logs:

[hc.internal.services.BoschSHCService] - Received invalid, expected type org.openhab.binding.boschshc.internal.services.roomclimatecontrol.dto.RoomClimateControlServiceState
(or ShutterContactServiceState )
(or PowerSwitchServiceState.)

Unfortunately I was not able to fix this error. What could be the reason?

I used the latest release (v1.1 test version).

Hi @endside ,

Thanks for your thank you and thanks for using our binding :slight_smile:

The warning is just a warning that a state update was received that could not be handled. It should not break anything as it is correctly catched. But it would still be interesting to see what kind of state update was received. Could you send us some lines before and after the warning? And if you know how, could you enable Debug logging?

You can open a new issue at https://github.com/stefan-kaestle/openhab2-addons/issues/new/choose and post your information there.

Cheers
Christian

Beginner question.
How do i install it?
Can’t find it in “Add binding add-ons” list in my openHAB 3.0.2 Release Build.

you have to manually import it

Hi @d0whiletrue ,

Thanks for your interest in our binding. You can download the addon file (.jar) here: Release v1.1 Release Candidate 1 · stefan-kaestle/openhab2-addons (github.com)

The installation is described here: Installation of Add-ons | openHAB

Our binding will be part of the official release 3.1, there is no official release date for it yet.

2 Likes

@coeing How can I provide feedback on that binding? :slight_smile: I’d like to see the device type added to the initial log of device ids, because I named some devices of differnt types similar and it makes the setup really hard for me

Thans for the more detailed description.
I downloaded the “v1.1 Test Version for #66” and placed the .jar in the “/usr/share/openhab/addons” which should be the correct folder for me since i used the apt installation on my raspberry pi running raspbian.
After sudo reboot nothing comes up in the logs and there is no new binding in my openhab.
Did i miss something?