WR3223 Ventilation controller (Schwörer Haus)

Hello Daniel,

Artikelnummer 3266
60 Euro + shipping (Switzerland 32 Euro)

Best regards

U. Drost

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hello Daniel
I createt a pre-release of the plugin for OH3. I’m not testet it, because my setup at home still use OH2.5.

Best regards
Michael

1 Like

Thanks for your great effort here.
I just ordered the serial adapter cable from the manufacturer.

Is it possible to switch Kühlfunktion on/off?

I don‘t know. I don‘t have an integrated heat pump.
Kind regards

Uwe Drost

I also don’t have an integrated heat pump, but the necessary channel exists. See channel ID “cooling_mode” under GitHub - frami/org.openhab.binding.wr3223 at feature/oh3-upgrade

my controller states “Status: unkown” in the Things-Section.
How can I determine if I really have a connection issue?

btw: my “Bedienteil” (Touch-Display) is connected to X1. So you cannot have both type of controllers: serial and X1?

I’m also trying to get this thing to work.
Have you tried to ssh into your open hab?

ssh -p 8101 openhab@YOUROPENHABIP

enter your password and type bundle:list

Check if the status of openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: WR3223 Binding is Active.
In my case a dependency / bundle was missing. I think it was openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Serial Transport

Yeah, I think it’s there although my terminal is cutting half of the info:

235 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.0                   │ openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Seri
236 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.0                   │ openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Seri
237 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.0                   │ openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Seri

I’m using this cable and connected it like described
https://www.delock.de/produkte/G_83786/merkmale.html?setLanguage=en

But status says: Status: UNKNOWN

In openhab.log I can find
2021-08-31 20:46:17.487 [INFO ] [internal.controller.WR3223Controller] - Connected to WR3223 over serial port /dev/ttyUSB0.

but also

021-08-31 20:48:21.405 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 
java.util.ConcurrentModificationException: null
	at java.util.HashMap$KeySpliterator.forEachRemaining(HashMap.java:1561) ~[?:1.8.0_292]
	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:482) ~[?:1.8.0_292]
	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:472) ~[?:1.8.0_292]
	at java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(ReduceOps.java:708) ~[?:1.8.0_292]
	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234) ~[?:1.8.0_292]
	at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(ReferencePipeline.java:566) ~[?:1.8.0_292]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.serial.internal.SerialPortRegistry.getPortProvidersForPortName(SerialPortRegistry.java:86) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.serial.internal.SerialPortManagerImpl.getIdentifier(SerialPortManagerImpl.java:85) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.wr3223.internal.client.SerialWR3223Connector.connect(SerialWR3223Connector.java:45) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.wr3223.internal.controller.WR3223Controller.initConnection(WR3223Controller.java:314) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.wr3223.internal.controller.WR3223Controller.run(WR3223Controller.java:136) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:1.8.0_292]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) ~[?:1.8.0_292]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) ~[?:1.8.0_292]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) ~[?:1.8.0_292]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_292]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_292]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_292]

I’d appreciate any help on this. Thanks!

Hi
Based on the stack trace, I suspect that OpenHAB cannot access the USB adapter. The error happens, by opening the serial port. Have you checked, if the serial-to-usb adapter is really available at “/dev/ttyUSB0”? The user, which is used to run OpenHAB, has the permission to access the USB adapter?

# What is the result of this commands?
ls -l /dev/ttyUSB*
ls -l /sys/class/tty/ttyU*

# Which groups the OpenHAB user have?
groups <openhab user>

Hello,
Does the OH3 binding work?
I‘haven‘t migrated yet my system.
Regards
Uwe

Hello Uwe
Yes, it works, but I doesn’t migrate it to the office repository. You can get it from here: https://github.com/frami/org.openhab.binding.wr3223/releases/tag/v3.0.1-alpha.2
Best regards,
Michael

Thank you Michael, it works very well indeed.
Kind regards
Uwe

Hi again,
I’m still using the DeLock adapter cable the guys suggested on OH 3.

Now I seem to have everything connected like expected but getting the following according to the logs:

2022-02-15 23:18:31.925 [INFO ] [internal.controller.WR3223Controller] - Connected to WR3223 over serial port /dev/ttyUSB0.
2022-02-15 23:18:33.953 [ERROR] [internal.controller.WR3223Controller] - Communication error to WR3223.
java.io.EOFException: null
at java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(DataInputStream.java:272) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.wr3223.internal.client.AbstractWR3223Connector.readAnswer(AbstractWR3223Connector.java:230) ~[bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.binding.wr3223.internal.client.AbstractWR3223Connector.read(AbstractWR3223Connector.java:119) ~[bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.binding.wr3223.internal.controller.WR3223Controller.checkIfCommandIsAvailable(WR3223Controller.java:336) ~[bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.binding.wr3223.internal.controller.WR3223Controller.run(WR3223Controller.java:142) [bundleFile:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

W3223.cfg
serialPort=/dev/ttyUSB0
controllerAddr=1
refresh=15000

in a channel it is stating NULL

Any help appreciated. X1 is unplugged.
Are there any missing dependencies for the serial port to use?
Running on a RPi 4, 32 Bit

Nevermind!

Because I’ve got some experiencing with flashing esp chips, I tried switching RX and TX. Now it is working and values come through perfectly. Great!

Hello Michael,
will there be a OH4 version of this binding?

Hello Ralph
Is there an update of the binding for OH4 necessary? I hadn’t found time to delve into OH4 until now. But if there is an update of the Binding required, I will do it.

The binding ist not working in OH4

2023-08-13 20:00:12.430 [ERROR] [Events.Framework                    ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.wr3223 [312]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.io.transport.serial

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel$2.run(ModuleContainer.java:1847) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainerAdaptor$1$1.execute(EquinoxContainerAdaptor.java:136) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1840) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1783) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1745) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1667) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:234) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:345) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

2023-08-13 20:00:18.109 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.wr3223-3.0.1.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.wr3223 [312]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.io.transport.serial

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:445) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) ~[?:?]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) ~[?:?]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) ~[?:?]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) ~[?:?]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) ~[?:?]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) ~[?:?]

Hi Ralph
It looks like that is a system OH Core Bundle “Serial Transport” missing. Can you try to install the “Serial Binding”? This is officially binding, and it also uses the “Serial Transport” Core Binding.

If this not work, try to connect to the OH console (The Console | openHAB) and check with the command “bundle:list” if the “Serial Transport” binding is installed. If not, you can try with the “bundle:install” command to install it.

Hi Michael,
its now working with the serial binding loaded. thanks