Xiaomi Mi Home Gateway

Hi Kim.
Apologies for lack of clarity.

you dont need anything else.

The choice of the ‘wireless communication protocol’ (steps 4&5) is required which I’m unable to do, without having access to the China Mainland locale of the app.

Regardless of not being able to make this option, I have attempted to connect to the binding and it is not successful. i.e. the binding remains offline.

So frustrating…

Anything in the logfile about the issue?

EDIT. Just noticed, it doesnt look like the correct key you´ve found. Mine looks very different. (But my hub is a chinese hub, that may be a difference).

I think that you used the token instead of the developer key.
The only way I know to find the developer key is looking in the Xiaomi app.
The token Is not used in this binding

Ahh then I got it totally mixed up :frowning: For my xiaomi S5 vacumcleaner which I added to my system a coupple of months again, its the token beeing used… I simply thought the token and the developer key was the same… I´m so sorry… It has been a long time since I added my xiaomi gateway.

Yes to connect the vacuum cleaner you have to find out the token, but if I recall correctly for the zigbee Xiaomi binding you have to enable something like a developer mode in the app and then use the developer key.

Unfortunately I don’t recall under which menu you can find it🤔

This methode work on my MiHome app, with the chinese hub.

In short: " This method is specifically for the Xiaomi Gateway . Open Mi Home App in your Android device. Select your xiaomi device. Then click on the 3 dots at the top right of the screen. Then click on “About”. Tap on the version number at the bottom of the screen repeatedly. You should see now 2 extra options listed."

It´s methode 2 in the link here.

1 Like

And this is where my problem lies… I cannot get to this part of the app as it’s only available when locale is set to mainland China. However my hub does not connect when app is set to this region.

I’m now thinking that this is the end of the road for my suite of Xiaòmi gear, as if I cannot connect the hub, all other devices cannot be used.
Are there any other alternative methods of getting this equipment to work out there???

There is something strange going on… You say it the app needs to be in mainland china… But when it is set to mainland china, then it wont connect to your hub? I truely believe there is something wrong when it tries to connect… Do you get any error message? (having the app setup for mainland china).

I had this issue. I created my account on mi home in the UK locale but when I went to scan for devices none could be found. I had to clear data on the app and start a fresh and select Chinese locale then I could log in using my previously created account. My hub was then found and I could add it.
I have the Chinese V2 hub.
Unfortunately I have also got the version where the wireless communication protocol port will not open on the device so I need to break it open and connect a uart usb convertor to the board to program the port to open. :neutral_face:

On Android, the just doesn’t connect/pair to the hub. On iPhone the pairs with the hub, but fails to connect to it when wishing to check the device out. The brief message pops up with “failed to initialize”. Both of these when located in China Mainline.
So frustrating. :unamused:

Thanks for your information and experience.
Didi you manage to break it open to program the board?

I have no ideas… Mine work just fine, and I see no differences in yours and mine.

Yes I did! It has detected my sensors and they all appeared in the inbox.
Having trouble controlling the ambient light on the hub though.

You can also use Zigbee2mqtt as mentioned by someone earlier.

Don’t you see this page when you go to “about”?

Enrico,

I can’t get to this screen as I don’t have the ‘About’ option in the App.
This option is only available in China Mainland version of the App.
My hub doesn’t not pair/connect with this China version of the App, even though it does connect when the app is set to other global regions. However, when in these other regions, the About option is not available.
So infuriating.
Which version number and region of the app are you using in your screen shot?
I would be interested in trying anything to get my Xioami products (I bought a lots of them!) linked to OpenHAB.

Regards,
Dan

I´m using the latest version found on Play store (android). It has the “about” option allright…

Yes, but please could I check that you’re using the China Locale AND you have managed to connect to your hub?

This is the combination is what I cannot achieve.

Thanks

I envy your set-up as this is sadly what I’m unable to do. I cannot connect to hub when locale is set to China. I can connect to hub when connected to other countries.
See below:
Here are my devices set-up and connected with UK server.

Note I cannot obtain a About menu item when in UK:

Then I connect using my location as China Mainland:

When in China I try to reconnect devices, as there connection is remove when changing to new countries:

As can be seen I am unable to connect. Which means I am unable to access any About menu item.