Xiaomi Mi Home Gateway

I see now, your´s is actually the european version (xxx05LM). I have a pretty hard feeling you wont be able to connect this in Mainland China.
Now that doesnt quite explain, howcome you cant add it as a european device and get the key for adding it to openhab. But I see others saying the same. I guess you´re either need a hack (like this: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/22078 )
Or the chinese hub.

:frowning_face:

Yeah - I’m stuck. I did already try the github/home-assistant link previously, and that didn’t work either.
So, it’s either a chinese hub (who knows if that’ll work with my other Xiaomi prodcuts) or do the Zigbee2mqtt , which looks majorly complicated to me.
Can anyone help with Zigbee2mqtt ??

Cheers,
Dan

Unfortunatly I dont. I have the opposite problem. I cant change to europe, and therefore I cant test wether my Mijia devices will work.

Apologies, I’ve not been monitoring this thread.

A bit of an update from me; I did get the gateway to connect in the end. Although, I had to physically open the hub and solder pins to the headers to open port 9898 to allow the binding to connect. However, I did find the gateway would disconnect from time to time.

So i decided to look into Zigbee2mqtt, it is quite daunting at first when you look at the surface. But i assure you it’s quite straight-forward. I’m happy to help @banier if you want any information/help - just drop me a direct message :slight_smile: I do feel its a better solution than the gateway in all honesty!

Hi Jeewan,
Thanks for your message. And thank you for your offer of help on this (quite frustrating) issue.
I’m very interested in trying out this Zigbee2mqtt solution, however, as you predicted, I did find it extremely daunting when I looked over it a few weeks ago. This is especially so, as I’m not versed in MQTT as yet (but I do need to learn).
I hope to get back onto MQTT thing over the Christmas period. Hopefully we can make further contact then. If you have any further tips/suggestions, then do let me know.

Regards,
Dan

1 Like

Hi @banier,
I found the same before I had an understanding/appreciation of MQTT. In all fairness I watched a load of YouTube videos to understand it…
Please let me know how you get on :slight_smile:
Thanks!

thanks a lot, this works for my!!!

2 Likes

Hello Jose, did it work?

Hi Jeevs,
It’s been a while (I needed a cool dark room for a number of days [months] to get over the Mi Home Binding connection issues)
I’m just about to embark on the Zigbee2mqtt solution.
I’ve completed some basic tutorials and followed a few examples of using mqtt, so think I might be ready to get the mqtt broker to work my my Xiaomi equipment.
Do you have any good pointers / advice on the process?

Thanks
Dan

Hi @banier,

Will send you a DM, rather than filling this thread :slight_smile:

Thanks

No one succeeded on obtaining the Developer Key from european version (xxx05LM)?

It’s a pity not being able to connect it to OpenHAB :cry:

why? I’ve got a token using instructions from the upper post

Hi Jeevs,

Would you send it to mee too? Every time I have a power outage my second Xiaomi gateway gets disconnected and have hard time to get it working again. I’m seek and tired

Thanks

Hi @Dixon, I ended up going down the zigbee2mqtt route…Happy to help if that’s what you want?

Yes, please. I depend on xiaomi sensors for my home alarm system, and I’m tired of fighting with the gateway

Do you have all the prerequisite hardware? I.e. CC2531 sniffer?

Not yet, but the nice Amazon guys will solve it by tomorrow morning. I have no previous knowledge on this zigbee2mqtt, but will enjoy figuring out. What I tried before was to upgrade a sonoff ZB Bridge, to do the same, bypass the Xiaomi gateway in the second floor where the secondary gateway fails every time I have a power outage, but had no success on this endeavor. Sonoff did not boot up after flashing tasmota firmware (tried with two. I tasmotized dozens of sonoff mini before without any issue)
So I heard before about zigbee2mqtt but never paid interest as sniffer connects by usb instead of wifi so it will require an additional raspi if I want to use it upstairs

Anyhow, as said, Amazon will bring me the sniffer tomorrow morning (how wonderful world we life you need something today and receive it tomorrow by only touching a glass screen with the tip of a finger. It will never stop amazing me). Do I need anything else apart from a big box of patience and a little bag of luck?

It is not fair to say the secondary gateway is failing, it is not, and I receive hearbeet at 9898 udp port every few seconds. I think the one to blame is the binding, as it fails that way since 2.5.3 more or less…

If the CC2531 is not already pre-flashed with zigbee2mqtt. You will require the debugger and downloader cable…