Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Binding

Alright, I tried again by first pairing to the app and then extracted the token. It seems to work fine at the moment. It’s a little bit strange that this setup did not seem to work before. Anyway, it works for now!

I also got the Air Purifier 2 and got the same problem with the temperature readings. They are 10x more than they really are.
It says 225C but instead it´s 22,5C.
Is it planed to calculate it in the binding directly? If not, i can create a rule for that.

So we need to use the rule you suggested?! @marcel_verpaalen or is it possible to set binding in two ways? like on = vaccum and 100 = vacuum?

@BOFH90 pls see the topic wrt purifiers on this: Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier - solution

@Multisaft7 dunno, needs to be tested. I’ll take a look

Thank you =)

1 Like

Today i got my vacuum cleaner and i extraced the token with the Flole android app. Afterwards i connected the robot with the xiaomi app to my wifi and the robot can be controled by the xiaomi app. But when i configure the opehab binding with the token, i’am getting always ‘miio:vacuum:XXX’ changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR). I’am in firmware 3.3.9_003077 any ideas?

I also have an other rooted android device, any ideas where the token is saved on the filesystem?

@trant when you connect the the xiaomi app, it is changing the token. So you need to extract the token again from the xiaomi app backup.

read the first post for some pointers how to obtain the token, if you have root, the token is stored in the miio2.db file.

Oh,i understood that i’ve to connect with the flole app, extract the token, connect with the xiaomi app. And the xiaomi app is not available for my rooted device.

With the older firmwares versions the token was not changing. Most apps, as well as the oh binding supported the extraction of tokens.
With the latest version you can still extract the token, but it is useless, as the linking to the Xiaomi app is changing the token.

I have not seen that the mi app refuses to install on a rooted device (I have a rooted device with the app).
But you can also take a backup of a non-rooted device and extract the token from that.

Thx for your help, now its working

After a few tests it seems that the control of the robot only works if the robot has a connection to the xiaomi servers

New news? :slight_smile: If not i will write a rule for that!

Another question my binding found two things? miio:vacuum:03Dxxxxx and channel miio:generic:03Dxxxxx… The generic one arises from the MI IO Thing after adding the token it transforms into the miio:generic:… Which one i should use now?!

yes, I’m testing it now… hold one half an hour or so

1 Like

Today new release
22 Oct Release
Vacuum - new switch channel for on/off to allow alexa integration @Multisaft7
note this new channel (actions#vacuum) is marked advanced, hence hidden in paperUI by default.
Note, this will start vacuum when switched on, goes to dock on switching off. For status updates, it will also switch to on when doing spot cleaning
Note: I removed the on/off values from the command channel again, as there is now a proper switch channel
vacuum - reset consumables channel. This new channel allows you to reset your consumables (e.g. the sensor usage time)
airpurifiers - fix temperature reading (/10) @BOFH90 @shorty707 @akhilmagotra

As this has new channels, pls remove your thing and add it again to ensure the channel definitions are updated.
To update the binding, uninstall the binding and re-install it from the marketplace

2 Likes

Thanks for your hard and awesome work :slight_smile:

Ehm which thing should i use now?

Honestly…it doesn’t really matter.
If you take the one with vacuum in the name, the initial startup is slightly faster… so I would choose that one.

1 Like

So my item should now look like this, right?

Switch actionVacuum "Staubsauger" (gVac) <fan> {channel="miio:vacuum:03D8xxxx:actions#vacuum" } [ "Switchable" ]

Other “problem”…am I the only one which is receiving a “404 error when opening the thing”?

Update…all my items are not working anymore :frowning:

if you before had it as generic in your configfile, then your links probably don’t work anymore. You’ll need to do a search-replace in your item file changing miio:generic to miio:vacuum

Works … thanks !!! :slight_smile: