Your setup for a wall mounted tablet

And the tablet is fixed strong enough with this magnet? I bought a car holder with magnets and my phone slides down slowly…

Is the tablet moved to the right angle automatically or do you have to adjust it exactly every time you put it back to the wall?

1 Like

no, it stays strong and does not slide down (at least Samsung Tab 3 10"). I don’t need to align them very well, and this happens naturally (however it does not auto position itself). I think it is very good product for such a price if you don’t want to bulk your walls with “cradles”.

Has anyone done something similar (removing the battery) with an old iPad?

1 Like

mind sharing the jar ? :smiley:

https://filebin.net/rovaxjpqvpfcb066

2 Likes

today is day of final success :wink:

I managed to put together slim connector with normal usb charger which is powerfull enough for iPad.
As you know, those connectors are used for wireless charging which unfortunately is not suitable for constant power on usage as they do supply only around 1000mA top.

So I’ve used that connector, which is the only one I was able to find which is tiny so it’s not even visible :wink: and extended three wires (+5v, gnd, id+) to female lightning connector. And then connected regular cable to regular charger.

Hardest part is basically figure out which pins you need to remove from female connector to be able to solder your three wires so iPad is not complaining and charging properly. Because everything is so freaking tiny…

(paint is wet, but here it is)

and parts list :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looks great!

Hi @snoekieboe,

Would you mind uploading again?
The file does not exist anymore…

Thanks
Christian

2 Likes

Indeed this need to be a default future. I’ve already given up with looking for making my tablets working reliable, then I saw this post.

@arctus has recently uploaded 2.5.0M3 files in the related thread [SOLVED] HABPanel sluggish - #27 by Chrishab.

1 Like

Inspired by some posts I mounted my Samsung Tablet using glued magnets. Since 5 months no issues.
Running “fully kiosk browser” which shows a slideshow while no motion detected and switches to HABPanel if motion detected.

Video:

PS: I know I need to hide the power cable :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Which magnets did you use? Strong neodym? Self gluing or which glue did you use? Can you use heat glue (is this the right english word for Heisskleber?) for this or will a hot tablet melt the glue?

Is this a self made metal plate on the wall or can you buy this somewhere in an internetshop?

magnets and metal plate from ebay Germany:

I glued it with either Uhu or Pattex Epoxidharz (twp components / Zweikomponentenkleber in Form EINER Spritze) from the local home depot (Hornbach). Unfortunately a bit of a mess as the magnets began to move (due to the metal inside the tablets) as soon as I released pressure. So I needed to stick my fingers and press 6 glued magnet plates at the same time for a few minutes :wink:

(Anyway, hält bombenfest!!! :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

What power cable? :smiley:

1 Like

Looks good, close to the wall.

Won’t the magnets affect the tablet?

as I said, no problems since 5 months.

I assume the answer is included in the above comment but, no issues with it slipping when in use?

I tried magnets and found it slid down every now and then. Perhaps I did not use enough / big ones. They were 20mm neodymium magnets.

I found that two strips of velcro works brilliantly and keeps it true.

it sticks actually that good (using the ebay components mentioned above) that I need to pull very hard to release it. sometimes I think I am going to break the tablet while pulling. but usually there is no need to remove it from the wall. at least for me.

1 Like

It’s definitely possible to keep a tablet up with no issues using magnets.

I’m using two of the following type which alledgedly can carry 0.9 kg each. I have superglued the thin plates to the tablet and and used a screw the in the center for each wall mounted magnet. I have to slide it off because pulling feels like the screw is gonna come out of the wall, those are strooong.

Edit: Actually they might even be 7kg each, I think I looked at the wrong specification.

1 Like

would it be possible to use google nest hub max for displaying habpanel?