Your setup for a wall mounted tablet

Tried it… survived it! :slight_smile: And i can also confirm habpanel is now running smoothly on all tablets… everything is fast, responsive and most important… my tablets are no longer crashing and running hot.

Thanks! this should really become a more refined default feature.

3 Likes

I´m no big programmer, so i hope this will be included in the official habpanel, too.

I tried habpanel several times, but there is no real speed in it. Everything is very slow, i don´t want to use this in my house with this poor speed. Even on powerful notebooks you can see a lag every time you press a button.

1 Like

I have seen a beautiful self-made wall mount on another forum:

Link to the other forum: https://community.hom.ee/t/tablet-fuer-24-7-betrieb-als-homee-dashboard/3863/568

This is a Fire Tablet HD 10 inside. It is not very powerful, but maybe with this habpanel item filtering, it could present the habpanels very fluid and without lags. Sometimes you can get one from amazon warehouse deals for about 80€.

1 Like

Can you provide some further information about your magnetic tablet holder? Maybe a picture from the backside of the tablet? Which magnets and which metal plate did you use?

Is this white “wall-switch” above the usb-cable outlet from the wall a magnet holder?

Hi,

I don’t like all those fancy mounts, because I like the fact that I can take off the tablet from the wall real quick and use it (meaning it is not attached to it forever :)).

I am using these holders for tablet mounting: aliexpress

And these quick magnetic cables to connect (my tablets are almost full day on and wireless charging did not work properly (constantly disconnecting, too weak to charge)): aliexpress

Hope this helps.

Glad it helped :slight_smile:

1 Like

And the tablet is fixed strong enough with this magnet? I bought a car holder with magnets and my phone slides down slowly…

Is the tablet moved to the right angle automatically or do you have to adjust it exactly every time you put it back to the wall?

1 Like

no, it stays strong and does not slide down (at least Samsung Tab 3 10"). I don’t need to align them very well, and this happens naturally (however it does not auto position itself). I think it is very good product for such a price if you don’t want to bulk your walls with “cradles”.

Has anyone done something similar (removing the battery) with an old iPad?

1 Like

mind sharing the jar ? :smiley:

https://filebin.net/rovaxjpqvpfcb066

2 Likes

today is day of final success :wink:

I managed to put together slim connector with normal usb charger which is powerfull enough for iPad.
As you know, those connectors are used for wireless charging which unfortunately is not suitable for constant power on usage as they do supply only around 1000mA top.

So I’ve used that connector, which is the only one I was able to find which is tiny so it’s not even visible :wink: and extended three wires (+5v, gnd, id+) to female lightning connector. And then connected regular cable to regular charger.

Hardest part is basically figure out which pins you need to remove from female connector to be able to solder your three wires so iPad is not complaining and charging properly. Because everything is so freaking tiny…

(paint is wet, but here it is)

and parts list :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looks great!

Hi @snoekieboe,

Would you mind uploading again?
The file does not exist anymore…

Thanks
Christian

2 Likes

Indeed this need to be a default future. I’ve already given up with looking for making my tablets working reliable, then I saw this post.

@arctus has recently uploaded 2.5.0M3 files in the related thread [SOLVED] HABPanel sluggish - #27 by Chrishab.

1 Like

Inspired by some posts I mounted my Samsung Tablet using glued magnets. Since 5 months no issues.
Running “fully kiosk browser” which shows a slideshow while no motion detected and switches to HABPanel if motion detected.

Video:

PS: I know I need to hide the power cable :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Which magnets did you use? Strong neodym? Self gluing or which glue did you use? Can you use heat glue (is this the right english word for Heisskleber?) for this or will a hot tablet melt the glue?

Is this a self made metal plate on the wall or can you buy this somewhere in an internetshop?

magnets and metal plate from ebay Germany:

I glued it with either Uhu or Pattex Epoxidharz (twp components / Zweikomponentenkleber in Form EINER Spritze) from the local home depot (Hornbach). Unfortunately a bit of a mess as the magnets began to move (due to the metal inside the tablets) as soon as I released pressure. So I needed to stick my fingers and press 6 glued magnet plates at the same time for a few minutes :wink:

(Anyway, hält bombenfest!!! :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

What power cable? :smiley:

1 Like