Your setup for a wall mounted tablet

sorry for the late response, yes you can define a specific area

1 Like

@tailor I like your solution. What are u doing with these “Play”-Buttions in every room?

I think this is for multiroom audio?

I use SIBOs 896 for display of the habpanels.
They do have POE and flush mouting cage.

4 Likes

Has anyone already tried to use such a leather tablet case and only screw the black hardcase directly to the wall?

Would this be a good idea? Will this work?

For guys like me having an old tablet without POE laying around, one could use a flush mount power supply like this one:

or this one

https://www.voelkner.de/products/155568/TracoPower-Schaltnetzteil-TIW-06-105.html

1 Like

Nice! Where did you source them?

Just found a supllier on Alibaba. sale04@sibochina.com.cn
I send them money they send the tablets, but don’t count on any warranty. They want you to cover shipping both way and that is more expensive then the unit itself.

Great, thank you!

@wile.e.coyote what mount did you get for the tablet, i have the same File 7, but cant find any wall mounts that it fits in.

To xsherlock
How do you go to all full screen, in my right upper corner I have to icons like the other pictures do, you have displayed the temperature and time.
How is this done?

That is a feature of the Habpanel you add ?kiosk=on to the URL that you call on the tablet startup.
But you loose the navigation between dashboards then, so that is for the specific case like min when I replace dumb switches around the house

Thx that helped :slight_smile:

@xsherlock
How did you create your status bar, with titel, clock and temperature. ?

@xsherlock
Do you use any standby mode for your displays or are they always turned on?
There’s no hardware button right? Would it be possible to turn the display back on with a double tap on the screen?

Is there any adaptive brightness setting for the display? I could imagine that the display is too bright during night if not.

Why not turning your tablet on with motion detection through the front cam?

3 Likes

I used this approach with my samsung tablet, but it didn’t work during night. The camera needs a specific degree of brightness…

I’m using a combination of Tasker & Motion Detector on my Nexus 7 which works quite nicely after tweaking the settings for a few days.

The only drawback I found so far is that HABpanel opens in window after wall tablet gets activated even though its in kiosk mode.

First of all there are at least 3 generations of SiBo hardware
old 2 core CPU android 4.2.2
2nd gen 4 Core CPU and android 4.4
and 3rd Gen with 8 Core CPU they just released DEC 16. and I have not purchased that one yet.

While the first gen of SIBO did had a 0.3 Mpx camera that was terrible and I doubt it would work in night.On the second gen of hardware they did not bother. No camera so that is not an option.

The tablets do shine in night and having one in the bedroom would certainly be irritating, I did sleep in the living room once and it was bright from the backlight glow.

The second gen hardware comes with the android 4.4 and it has brightness dimming on inactivity.
That is much nicer in night but in full sun the tablet is not legible and requires a tap to bring it to full brightness. This is far more annoying and I decided to disable that with an app. I have them shine at full brightness all the time. The optimal solution would be an app that allows custom level of brightnes based on the external light sensor from OH or time of the day taking in account geo position an time of the year. On the to do list, very far on the bottom

The power use is not an issue, at 4.5W per tablet at full brightnes it is acceptable for me. My forced ventilation is 250W.

1 Like

I use Fully Kiosk Browser and it have an API to control the screen (ON/OFF) so I turn Off all my tab when I go to bed then with other motion sensor link to openhab if I get up in the middle of the night the sensor get it and turn my tablette back ON

And in the Day I let them open !

1 Like