Your setup for a wall mounted tablet

has anyone found any tablet mounts that are entire flush, i.e. with almost everything behind the plasterboard?

Maybe you can use something like this, remove the front leather cover and screw the rest to the wall?

That’s how I attached my Tablet to the wall…

Used heavy duty Tesa “power strips” to attach one bracket to the tab.
Second bracket is screwed to the wall.

Advantage is you don’t see the fixture and the Tab “floats” infront of the wall.
Two Bolts into the top holes connect the two brackets.

3 Likes

Can you show us a real picture of your mount?

Have you screwed the two plates together or are this two bolts only put into the holes without any further mounting?

I’ll take a picture when I get back home.

It’s bolts with nuts, so that the connection is rigid with no flex.

That is exactly how I did it:

I have an old Nexus 7 with a dock. I was initially going to use Ubuntu to run it in some sort of kiosk mode, but it was clunky. I rolled it back to Android 5.0.3 and found Fully Kiosk Browser. Now it works great! The dock not only helps it pass the wife’s aesthetics test, but gives it portability when I want it! (Please ignore the licensing watermarks. I took this photo when I was first testing the app.)

1 Like

Here are some Pics:

1 Like

So I replaced all of my 1st gen Nexus tablets + asus dock (what @William_Hedrick has above) with 2nd gen Nexus tablets. The big benefit was a much faster processor (and 2gb of memory!) plus wireless QI charging. I can pick them up on ebay for around $75. I have a wall mount setup and a counter setup. My wife is a residential and commercial interior designer, so aesthetics are important :slight_smile:

This is my homemade wall mount, it uses a wireless QI charger, some hobby wood painted black and 3m picture Strips. The stips are rated to something like 20 pounds, so they really hold the tablet, but allow for easy removal if I need to work on the tablet.

The counter top version uses just a simple QI wireless stand, The picture does not really do it justice, but this stand makes the tablet feels like it’s floating on the counter top. This obviously makes it easy to pick up the tablet if need be, but most of the time I just used it mounted. I was afraid it might be flimsy just resting on the stand, but it’s very solid.

3 Likes

Thanks.
I might use an metal angle along the backside to prevent it from sliding down.

Did not decide finally to go for magnets…
:wink:

Looks great.
But it did not fit to your tablet without craftsmanship, right?
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Looks Startrek like :slight_smile:
But no permanent power supply right?

It dies have a permanent power cable, drilled through the wall right behind the bracket. Just two tiny cable strands soldered to a Micro-USB plug, not plugged in in the pictures though.
:smile:

I guess you meant does , not dies, right ?
:joy:

Well… yes! German autocorrection at it‘s best!

:joy:
I know exactly what you mean

I don’t have an old tablet lying around. I bought a new Fire on Prime Day only to learn it can’t be rooted, and the lock screen can’t be disabled without root access.

I’m looking at POE tablets on Alibaba. I found one in particular I like:

However, they all seem similar. I did look at the Sibo ones but, for the 10 inch range, I like how this one is shaped better.

I’m just a bit uncertain given my lack of familiarity with ordering on Alibaba. Have others been pretty happy with the results?

Here are some more ideas:

Almost no problems at all. Ordered around 20 times in the last two years, 2 orders did not arrive, got the money back. Shipping time from China to Europe is around 3 to 4 weeks, sometimes even longer.
Don’t forget the customs for your region if applicable. :joy:

Hi @poertner,

does this work reliably for you?
I have the problem, that the tablet cutts of Wifi and I cannot switch on the screen.
Usually this is no problem, because I use the F-K-B internal motion detection, but I would like to use the “LockScreen” function when not at home, but this will fail if wifi diconnected.

How did you solve this issue?

I run HABPanel on a Fire, there’s an easy trick to keep the screen on while plugged in, so you never see the lock screen: go to the device settings, click the serial number multiple times until the developer options appear, then go there and switch “Stay awake” on. Alternatively there are a number of apps in the store which do the same (for example https://www.amazon.com/Chethan-Dandgey-Screen-On/dp/B009WGJ6DU/)

3 Likes