Z-Wave 2 Binding in OpenHAB 2 - strange behavior of Fibaro Multisensor FGMS001

Hello @hl_at

I got it using a workaround with “alarm_tamper”. Surprisingly, I figured out that alarm_tamper is reported when there is motion detected.

Though @chris, IMHO it would be nice to fix this to have alarm_motion report the motion and alarm_tamper only tamper alarms.

So @hl_at - alarm_tamper does the trick for me for the time being.

Absolutely - if there are errors in the database, they should be fixed rather than working around the issue - then everyone benefits.

Please feel free to update it.

Hi @chris

since I have no idea how to do that update, could you please give me a hint about how to do that? Please don’t get me wrong, but as I’m heavily occupied by my job and wouldn’t have a lot of time to get into that matter, I would be glad if there’s an easy and straight-forward way to do it.

There’s a guide here (http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide). I’m not sure exactly what needs to change though.

Hi @antares2001 and @chris!

Just made the changes in the Zwave Database - hope I did everything right. I must admit, that I am quite confused due to different threads about fgms001 here (e.g. Fibaro FGMS-001 how to get sensor data). Probably there is a difference between Zwave+ and the older ones.

Regards,
Herbert

I’m suspicious that this is wrong since it is configured like the notification class - my guess is that this has been configured for the notification class - probably using a newer version as an example.

Can you post the XML for this device please?

Hi @chris !

Here you go:node7.xml (15.6 KB)

Regards,
Herbert

Hi @chris!

Any chance to look at the issue?

Regards,
Herber

I looked at this when you posted the XML and I updated the database on the 9th May. Is it still not working?

1 Like

Thank you @chris works again.

For others: when I made the update all my things were gone, don’t know if it was helpful/necessary in combination with the zwave DB-update done by chris - it just happened…

Regards,
Herbert