Z-Wave database site updates

Yes. And the first one i used (an normally use everyware) is a bit picky about receiving.

Let me know, when the mailserver is finally setup and i’ll test again.

1 Like

Is the new database open for new entries at this time? I went to https://opensmarthouse.org/zwavedatabase but I can’t see any way to login to be able to add a device. I tried Chrome and Firefox without success. Am I blind, or is it disabled/invisible for some reason currently?

Logins are still disabled after the site crash late last week. Chris had another server die too so he is busy working on both.

Any luck on opening up DB editing? No rush; just a friendly ping. Got some 700 devices that seem to be dropping down for backwards compatibility and will add them as soon as it’s back up.

Added new thing 'zwave:device:512:node38' to inbox.
NODE 38: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 027A:7000:A001::1.1
NODE 38: Command Class COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY has version 0!
NODE 38: Unsupported command class COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY (0x98)

Yes it was only down for less than a week.

Thanks, Bruce. I don’t see the Add Item link. Anything I should check on my end?

It’s unclear what your issue is here? What is “dropping down”? Do you mean reverting to S0 - if so, that is correct - the binding doesn’t support S2.

Only issue is the devices aren’t in the DB, and I can’t see the Add Item to add them. I fully expect them to work since they are reverting to S0, as designed.

Are you registered, logged in, and approved to edit the database? If not, you need to do so :wink:

That is because you did not read and follow the bolded text in the guide.

Was on the old site, apparently not on the new one. I’ve opened a ticket.

Bruce, the boldface text does not make clear we need to do this again for the new site. I’d recommend adding that or importing permissions.

Do you think people who were registered in the past will read the instructions again? I mean, why would they if they’ve used the site before and already know how it works?

I did post a few threads here about this - I appreciate that not everyone is active on the forum and the sign just above shows your last post was 3 years ago, so I guess you didn’t see it. It’s one of those things - most people seem to have worked it out quite quickly, and you have also go there even if not as seemless as I agree would be nice.

1 Like

True, it’s a difficult one, and perhaps the group of affected users is small enough it’s not really worth discussing further. In my case, I did read the instructions, but since I hadn’t had to register again, I assumed the other instructions also applied to (completely) new registrations, and that I was doing something else incorrectly or the site was broken. FWIW, I did spend some time searching the forums, but the keywords I chose didn’t lead me to an answer. A boxed sentence at the top of the instructions directed at those users might get their attention, but again, perhaps it’s not worth the bother.

Thank you for your incredible work on this, without which my home automation experience would likely be significantly worse.

1 Like

On Things Summary - ZWave | openHAB, clicking on “database information page”

results in: “Cannot render https://raw.githubusercontent.com/openhab/openhab-docs/final/_addons_bindings/zwave/doc/http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide:

Should this lead to Blog Posts or an intermediary page?

That is a ancient link. The database and guide moved a LONG time ago. Here is the database guide.

I thought that link was fixed :frowning:

@chris It looks like a script has a bad link to cdjackson.com?

Yes, if you recall this page is not updated since we moved the site as we couldn’t get this exporter working :frowning: