Z-Wave database update for McoHome - IR Thermostat IR2900-ZW

Hello! I have bought the “McoHome - IR Thermostat IR2900-ZW” IR bridge, and I found out it was not in the Z-Wave database, so I included it - link

I can see that it is included in the latest build of the Z-Wave binding - link.

I have uninstall and reinstall the Z-Wave binding on my OH3 installation, but still I’m getting no channels, and in the console I see the following message:

13:54:20.653 [WARN ] [zwave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 8: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 015F:2900:7103::3.5

Do I need to do something else? Have I done anything wrong? Is there something I can check?

Thank you very much in advance!

It is safe to say that ZW db updates are never retroactively applied to earlier OH versions. You will either need to upgrade to 4.1 or use this procedure to add that file to your exiting binding. I’d go with the 4.1 if you are buying new devices because this situation will arise again.

Thank you very much for the prompt response. I’ll give a try on the procedure. However, do you have an estimation, on when this update will be added on OH3?

Note

1 Like

Thank you again. And something else, do you know how i can find out which version (build) of the Z-Wave Binding I have currently installed on my OH deployment?

If you used the procedure you may have noticed the version as appended - 3.X.X.X. The another way is with the karaf console (sudo openhab-cli console), log in (sudo pswd, habopen), then bundle:list -s

1 Like

That worked perfectly! Thanks.
Another question, can I configure a new openhab deployment to start with the updated version of the binding? Im trying to change the /openhab/conf/services/addons.cfg (im running it on a docker container) and somehow add the new jar file.
Any ideas?

Pretty sure newer binding will not work with OH3, no matter what. What the procedure referenced above is changes the .xml portions that are not compiled (like the java code). When the java code is compiled it pulls in various other programs and if your installation does not have those versions, it will bomb.

Not a docker expert, but why not just try the OH4.1 image (:stable) in the docker-compose. If it doesn’t work, just change the image back.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll try that.

I’ve tried this image “openhab/openhab:4.2.0-snapshot-debian”, and worked fine!
Would you suggest another one for a better performance and stability in overall?

I would have used openhab/openhab:latest. It the last stable release (4.1.1 I think).

I don’t mind helping a bit but everything you have asked is in the Documentation (two spaces to the left of the Community) :wink: Here is the section on your last question. openhab/openhab - Docker Image | Docker Hub

1 Like

Thank you very much again!

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.