Z-Wave Ghost devices keep surfacing

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi3 B+
    • Java Runtime Environment: Raspbian latest
    • openHAB version: 2.5.0M1 with Z-Wave binding

Hello all,

I have just started home automation and therefore only own two Z-Wave devices (Zooz ZEN21 switches, which are supported by the Z-Wave binding, along with a Aeotec Gen5 USB-Stick controller), which are working nicely.
I had some trouble including the second switch and initiated the inclusion several times, finally succeeding. This resulted in the first switch getting the node2-id, and the second one getting node-05.

Now ghost devices (unknown device) with nodes 03 & 04 keep popping up in the inbox after a restart and scan. I can delete them in paper ui, but they keep appearing. As I only have two devices, those cannot represent actual devices. My guess is that the controller still has them in its memory. Excluding and re-including the 2nd switch resulted in all three nodes (3, 4 & 5) being discovered, with 5 being the actual switch.

So, is there a way to see which devices the controller has stored and maybe a way to edit them?

Thanks!

Have a read of this topic - Aeotec Wallmote Quad - Defective or am I not setting up correct?

Thanks, that post did not turn up in my initial search for similar issues.
So it seems that the Aeotec Windows Software can be used to turn off the stick’s LED, but also to edit the controller’s node list. I will try to do that tonight.
For anyone else with the same problem, here’s the link:
https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000171881-how-to-disable-led-on-z-stick-gen5-

Back when I had to fix a ghost device, I accidently blew away everything; while its not a big deal with a couple of devices…I’m in the mid 40s for devices now and I would be very grumpy if I did that today.

One more reason to do it now. Re-adding two wall switches is a quick job, I can only imagine crawling through the house punching buttons to get dozens of devices back into the network…

Not only would you have to punch them again, but if you don’t do it in the same order as you did originally all your items then also have to be updated. :wink:

True, they’d get different ID’s.