- Platform information:
- Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage = x64intel/16GB/terrabytes…
- OS: what OS is used and which version = Windows 10 64 bit
- Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version = zulu v11
- openHAB version: - 3.0.2
- Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
- Please post configurations (if applicable): only java_home got added manually to the default bat file
- Items configuration related to the issue
- Sitemap configuration related to the issue
- Rules code related to the issue
- Services configuration related to the issue
- If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:
I am a tech guy since decades but I cannot figure out the basic workflow how this app works.
I have samsung smarthings hub v2 and Neo Coolcam z-wave powerplugs*
I am fighting with openhab since months but could not figure out (despite the tutorials, articles, videos) how this app is working (building entities)
My goal would be to represent historical power consumption on all of these powerplugs (I have 10)
I could achieve:
- add Samsung Smartthings hub v2 as a thing
- add an neo coolcam powerplug as an item
what’s next ?
- how could I get metrics out of it ?
- there are so many options and I just tried and tried several combinations but could not figure out how to proceed
- shall I query the plug somehow (how if it is integrated under smasung smartthing) about its properties/methods ?
- how can I query the exact metric and follow it and store it and represent it in a chart ?
- how this build blocks are connecting to each other ? I mean thing ==> item ==> page ?
- what are and how to know the proper value for item’s type ?
- is this concrete powerplug is a poweroutlet in the semantic class ? how to know which is the proper value there ?
*Neo CoolCam Plug zwave - Device ID 0200:1027 - Database issue