Z-wave thing ID Lock 150 issue

Hi,

Have an issue with the thing ID Lock 150. Device configuration is missing from the habmin ui thing configuration page. Paper ui gives “ERROR: 500 - Internal Server Error” when trying to access this information by pressing the edit icon (pen).

I’ve tried to exclude/include it several times, but same problem each time. Made sure it’s using security (it says so in the attributes section). I can control it by unlocking/locking the door with openHAB. But the configuration section is missing.

What could be wrong? I can see there exists two versions of the thing in the database, one for version 1.5 and down and one for 1.6 and up. I believe i have 1.6, I upgraded (OTA) the Zwave module in the lock to that version at least. And included it afterwards.

Would appreciate if someone could help me out with this.

PS! I also had to update (it was already set) the security key in the z-wave dongle to add it as a secure device, otherwise it added it as non-secure all the time.

Thanks!

What version of openHAB?

Are you including securely? If so a device requires a factory reset before including securely again.

We are currently somewhat hampered on support because the database server is currently down and will hopefully be back up later today.

Don’t use paper UI to configure Zwave devices, use habmin.

I have an ID lock and it works fine to configure under 2.5.7, 2.5.8, 2,5,9 and 2.5.10 using habmin

1 Like

Exactly as documented

from

Thank you for your answers! Unfortunately I’ve not been able to solve it yet.

I have tested this with both openHAB 2.5.9 and 2.5.10, no difference.

I’m aware of the compatibility issue with PaperUI, so I had tested it with both UI’s, but that did not help.

I’ve followed the suggestions above. With the Habmin UI, I’ve excluded the ID Lock. Reset the Z-wave module of the lock. Included the lock securely again. Still same problem, I’m not able to configure the device, but I’m able to control it. Any other suggestions?

This is the ZWave log for the specific node, it’s interesting and I believe the answer is here, but I do not know how to interpret it:

> 07-des-2020 21:07:29.338 [INFO ] [al.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass] - NODE 38: Using Scheme0 Network Key for Key Exchange since we are in inclusion mode.
> 07-des-2020 21:07:29.577 [INFO ] [protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer] - NODE 38: SECURITY_INC State=COMPLETE
> 07-des-2020 21:08:17.002 [INFO ] [nal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveVersionCommandClass] - NODE 38: Command Class COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC has version 0!
> 07-des-2020 21:08:18.273 [INFO ] [al.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveDoorLockCommandClass] - NODE 38: Door-Lock config report - timeoutEnabled=false timeoutMinutes=254, timeoutSeconds=254
> 07-des-2020 21:13:40.213 [INFO ] [al.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveDoorLockCommandClass] - NODE 38: Door-Lock config report - timeoutEnabled=false timeoutMinutes=254, timeoutSeconds=254

See this screenshots that shows the whole configuration section that is gone:

Which FW version of ID Lock are you using? Which FW version of the Z-Wave module are you using?

Using Firmware Firmware version 1.5.7
Using Zwave module firmware 1.6

Does it report FW as version 0.0 in attributes for you as well?

ok, same as me… I’ve attached logdata from the ID Lock and the Z Wave module in my post together with the screenshot of Habmin. Are you familiar with your log for this specific node, is it normal that it looks like that?

It doesn’t seem to be included secure with the controller either, event though it says secure in Habmin?
Attached is a screenshot of the node information from Z-Wave PC Controller:

It doesn’t seem to be included secure with the controller either, event though it says secure in Habmin?
Attached is a screenshot of the node information from Z-Wave PC Controller

The security key is in the zwave binding. PC Controller would not know about that.

ok, makes sense… what do you think about the log data from that node?

I am no log expert. Sorry,.

no problem, thanks for giving it a shot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks similar:

idlock

yes it does, but i’m missing “Neighbours” and “Last Heal Time” compared to you… maybe it will show up after the heal this night, since I’ve included it one hour ago…

Heal is somewhat broken. I run heal with an external controller.

After the heal it is correctly showing it’s neighbours and last heal time. But still, no configuration section. How can I force it to re-read the definition of the thing from the z-wave database? I’ve read that the xml-file for the node in the zwave-folder is for another purpose somewhere here on the forum.

I still believe the problem has something to do with this (from Z-wave log):

> 07-des-2020 21:08:17.002 [INFO ] [nal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveVersionCommandClass] - NODE 38: Command Class COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC has version 0!
> 07-des-2020 21:08:18.273 [INFO ] [al.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveDoorLockCommandClass] - NODE 38: Door-Lock config report - timeoutEnabled=false timeoutMinutes=254, timeoutSeconds=254

Got some more here. The Karaf console reports these errors:

Error 0x16 at src/windows/termios.c(2725): Enheten gjenkjenner ikke kommandoen.
Error 0x16 at src/windows/termios.c(512):Error 0x16 at src/windows/termios.c(2725): Enheten gjenkjenner ikke kommandoen.Error 0x16 at src/windows/termios.c(2611): Enheten gjenkjenner ikke kommandoen.Exception in thread "Timer-27" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveNode$WakeupTimerTask.run(ZWaveNode.java:1493)
        at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
        at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)

When i try to access the config-section through rest-api (rest/config-descriptions/thing:zwave:device:c7a03e67:node38) it also indicates the same:
{"error":{"http-code":500,"exception":{"class":"java.lang.NullPointerException"}}}

Anyone that has had the same issues?

I tried to exclude, fully reset the device and include again, but still same problem.

Picture above is from the network tab in the browser…

Seems like the wrong FW version is picked up from the database. I believe it should pick up the definition with version 1.6. Strange that the Z-wave module is reporting FW version 0 though… maybe that is why it picks up the lowest FW version definition?