Zigbee and zwave manual install script

The manual procedure worked - the latest snapshot of the Z-wave binding is now running. Thanks (and sorry for skipping the README :frowning: )

1 Like

Just followed the direction for manually install the latest binding (zwave)

And now i’m missing every(?) addon? and the logs keep giving me Errors on Failed installing

`2020-11-29 11:03:51.258 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-ui-homebuilder, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-tibber, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-misc-ruleengine, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-zwave'`

When i think about it. The file I RM from /addons, was a /openhab-addons-2.5.10.kar Did I screw it up?

ls /usr/share/openhab2/addons/
org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xstream-1.4.7_1.jar  org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.11-20201128.033910-10.jar  README
    openhab> list -s | grep zwave
    263 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.10                  │ org.openhab.binding.zwave
    283 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.11.202011280333     │ org.openhab.binding.zwave

Yes… that .kar file has all of the add-ons in it for use offline. If you had not removed it, I think everything would have worked OK. This is the first time this has come up!

If you don’t have it, you can download the .kar from the openhab.org site.

Haha thanks. Ill check it out!

Uninstalling any managed binding(s) and installing serial transport...
... if prompted for a password for the Karaf console, the default password is 'habopen'...

Logging in as openhab
Password:
... a 'No matching bundles' error mesage is normal, if a binding had not been previously installed.

Backing up and uninstalling any unmanaged installs of Z-Wave...

!!!!! It has taken more than two minutes to uninstall the Z-Wave binding, so exiting !!!!!

Cant figure out what i’m doing wrong.
(From SSH)
sudo -E -u openhab bash zzManualInstaller.sh
from
openhabian@openHABianDevice:/usr/share/openhab2/addons$

openhab 2.5.10
rpi 4 with openhabian
Script version: 1.2.8

edit: nevermind. did the:
openhab> bundle:update org.openhab.binding.zwave *.jar

Does this script still work with OpenHab 3.0 ?

@5iver
I’d like to know this too! :grinning:

The author is taking a break,. He expects it to work but has not tested it.

2 Likes

Hi

The script does not work on my Openhab3, as it queries for latest Openhab 2 snapshot releases, so I modified the OH_VERSION line to the following:

OH_VERSION=$(curl -s --connect-timeout 10 --max-time 10 "openHAB3-Distribution #2131 Console [Jenkins]" | grep -a “Building openHAB” | grep -aoP -m1 “[0-9]+.[0-9]+.[0-9]+”)

Furthermore Openhab3 has added authentification to the REST API, for me it worked with enabling “basic authentification”.

1 Like

It looks like you have to uninstall the bindings manually. I am unable to get it to uninstall Z-Wave. This is what it’s running:

openhab> bundle:uninstall 'org.openhab.binding.zwave;' feature:install 'openhab-transport-serial;'
Error executing command: No matching bundles

I assume it’s trying to use OH2 names for OH3 components?

I don’t have a testing system running and I do not want to play with my active system. However the bundle path looks right to me.
I’d recommend that you uninstall the binding via the GUI and then install the development version using the script. This was how I did it.

1 Like