Zigbee and zwave manual install script

YES! Thank you Chris! Downloaded the zigbee and zigbee.telegesis files and replaced the ones in my OH folder. Two seconds later the system was working again! :sweat_smile: :partying_face:

1 Like

If you are using 2.5.1-2, you have the very latest. Why are you using a manual install?

I have spent some time to understand where everything is located and it is hopefully just a matter of modifying the URLs in the script. With the recent releases providing the latest versions, I havenā€™t been motivated to get to this.

2 Likes

Well, I guess I should have realized that latest OH should have the latest binding if it is just a few weeks old, but Iā€™m used to the fact that OH always have way old bindingsā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

I have pushed 1.2.4 with updated URLs that will work after OH 2.5.1-2. If allowed, the script will self-update when run, meaning there is no need to manual download the update.

4 Likes

Hi,
Iā€™ve been following this topic closely since I need to update the 2.5.2-1 Z-Wave binding. I found this URL: https://ci.openhab.org/view/Integration Builds (2.5.x)/job/openHAB2.5.x-ZWave/lastStableBuild/ (Build #14 Feb 2, 2020) hopefully holding the Telldus TZWP-102 parameter update I need.
I do understand that I can use the script to install snapshot binding. BUT, since the last word in the URL is lastStableBuild, does that mean that itā€™s now also part of openhabian-config 02?

No. It is (or will be) part of the 2.5.2 SNAPSHOT.

Hi,
Iā€™m aiming for a script install of the Zwave SNAPSHOT on a fresh OH2.5.1-2 RPi4B installation, but which directory do I copy the Script to? The README.md says to the addons directory, but which directory is that on an openHABian package installation?

The reason instructions are vague is because the location varies depending on the installation method. For you, it is likely /usr/share/openhab2/addons.

from openHAB on Linux | openHAB

I added a link to the file locations documentation.

1 Like

Wow, thank you so much!! That was quick!
I opened that particular directory on my running system with Zwave and Astro binding, but the directory is empty, just the README. That surprised me, and you?
Also, will this permissions command work with putty: ā€œsudo chmod u+x zzManualInstaller.shā€, orā€¦?
Sorry, no Unix/Java experience, but decades of hardware/software interaction development.

That works for the current owner of the script. a+x would allow anybody to execute.

This is expected. The /addons/ directory only contains your manually installed addons. Most people will not have anything in there.

1 Like

Perfect. Thanks a million.

Hi,
Just one more thing before I run the script. Do I have to reset the permissions after the script has finished and if so, what command would that be?

You should run the script from the account that runs OH, so there is no need to change permissions.

I thought that was usually the openhab user that has no shell.

Very nice script. However I tried using the one on github today because I was dead in the water due to the ZigBeeTemperatureConverter bug (issue #555) after upgrading to OH 2.5.1.
It didnā€™t work because the snapshot Zigbee version seems to require 1.3.0 or greater of the zsmartsystems jars - so the script is currently breaking. I had to manually get the 1.3.0 jars from maven central.

Select the snapshot version of the libraries, option 2, to get 1.3.0.

Just so I understand: There are updates and updates and updates to SNAPSHOTs. Will that, at some point in time, result in an OH 2.5.1-3, or is the script now the only way to include new items/item updates (before 3.0)?

SNAPSHOTS are just that - the latest version. They are created whenever there are any changes to the master branch. At some point, the snapshot will become a released version (we currently have 2.5.2 - next will be 2.5.3).

The script simply provides an easy way to update the bindings to the latest snapshot. It also provides some other features to update dependencies, but I wonā€™t confuse matters with that :wink:

2 Likes