Zigbee Binding - Support New Aqara Opple Switches

You reference the fact that I purchased one of these for testing - that is not the same one you have so I can’t really help with this. IIRC the reason that I initially purchased the other switch was for color control development.

anything I can provide? Debug from the initialization helpful?

cheers

edit:
I put a log here when I reinitalized it in case it is helpful

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g1liuL1wIdNACJQUJiU2DtMp9iFVJnp6/view?usp=sharing

Unfortunately it/s difficult to debug this sort of thing through logs and will take a lot of time to try and get the correct logs. If we want to look at this device then the best approach is for me to buy one - similar to what we did recently for the Ikea blinds. Then it’s normally quick to do.

while I of course would log whatever helps I also understand its much easier when you have the device. I looked it up for the UK … have not found an available one…
I got my Six Button Version from here for little money:
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000992629924.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.56054c4deehy2N

I can also say the device does talk to the coordinator. just the buttons are misinterpreted.
So Button 1 controls a Dimmer to 0%; Button 2 to 100%, Button 3 to 33% etc.
and double press and hold are not working

I just checked, and this is actually the one I’ve bought.

perfect :slight_smile:
really looking forward for that one :slight_smile:

can you post here when you got a chance to add this device? :slight_smile:
thanks

hey @chris did you find some time yet? :stars:

Sorry - I’ve not had a chance to look at this. I’ve been trying to get the updated ZWave database editor finished so people can start using it.

1 Like

@chris I also wait for the support of the Aqara opple… Any news?

1 Like

I think @chris is still busy with the zwave database/editor update.
Also hope he finds time soon for these zigbee switches :slight_smile:

Hey @chris could you find some time for adding these switches? :slight_smile:

Sorry - I’m juggling a lot of balls here at the moment. I’ll see if I can include the device into one of my networks and see what it does today. Then at least I’ll have an idea for what doesn’t work.

1 Like

Just dumping stuff here for longevity…

Only one endpoint supported -:

Node Descriptor  : NodeDescriptor [apsFlags=0, bufferSize=127, complexDescriptorAvailable=false, manufacturerCode=115F, logicalType=END_DEVICE, serverCapabilities=[], incomingTransferSize=100, outgoingTransferSize=100, userDescriptorAvailable=false, frequencyBands=[FREQ_2400_MHZ], macCapabilities=[REDUCED_FUNCTION_DEVICE, MAINS_POWER], extendedEndpointListAvailable=false, extendedSimpleDescriptorListAvailable=false, stackCompliance=22]
Power Descriptor : PowerDescriptor [currentPowerMode=RECEIVER_ON_IDLE, availablePowerSources=[MAINS], currentPowerSource=MAINS, powerLevel=FULL]
Associations     : []
Endpoints        : 
            1    : Profile     0104 ZIGBEE_HOME_AUTOMATION
                 : Device Type 0105 COLOR_DIMMER_SWITCH
                   -> BASIC
                   -> POWER_CONFIGURATION
                   -> IDENTIFY
                   <- IDENTIFY
                   <- ON_OFF
                   <- LEVEL_CONTROL
                   <- COLOR_CONTROL
Neighbors:
Routes:
Node Info             Value
DEBUG  16:17:46.941  transactionListenerRemoved: 0 outstanding
DEBUG  16:17:46.941  04CF8CDF3C77C009: transactionComplete COMPLETE 0
Application Version   17
Date Code             20190730
Generic Device Class  255
HW Version            1
Manufacturer Name     LUMI
Power Source          3
Product URL           www.aqara.com
SW Build ID           2019
Stack Version         2
ZCL Version           3

Short press…

Long press…

Double press seems the same as short press.

1 Like

Hi @chris
I am still on 2.5.5 and would only update for that Aqara Opple. Is it already working in a current build?
Cheers

Sorry - at the moment I’ve not had the time to finish looking at this as I’ve got a lot on. I will try and have a better look in the next week or two.

thanks @chris

I would like to ask something I stumbled over in the binding doc.

When a thing is deleted, the binding will attempt to remove the device from the network by sending the *leave* command on the network. The binding will put the Thing into the REMOVING state and once the leave is confirmed it will be finally REMOVED . It is not advised for force remove the Thing as this may cause an incomplete removal, and the device may be immediately added back to the Inbox

In Zwave I got used to delete a thing when there were e.g. new channels to get the latest version of the device definiton.
How does this work in Zigbee. If a thing like the Opple was updated in the binding - how can I get the latest definiton. Deleting with leaving the network seems a little painful :slight_smile:

best

99% of devices in the Zigbee binding are dynamically created - they have no definition in the binding, the definition is created by the binding so will not need to be updated.

I think there are only about 10 devices that have static definitions.

so I I update the binding once the Opple is supported it should update the thing / channels automatically? thats cool :slight_smile:
wish the zwave binding would have a option to see if a thing got a new definition and update it without delete / readd it :slight_smile:

best

Hopefully - it does depend slightly on how it’s implemented.

Unfortunately this is a restriction of openHAB. In my other systems, I’ve removed this, but my suggestion to fix it in OH was rejected in the past.