Zigbee binding

Take a look in the documentation - there is a section there on installation, and it refers to the different versions.

Now it’s working thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! I have two questions :slight_smile:

First, my girlfriend likes to think she is in control, so I need trådfri remotes working. Is anybody using them, and can confirm they are working? Would they work on the stable 2.2 version of this bundle, or would I need to be more daring, and go for a development version?

As I have had issues with Raspberries losing network connection, or hanging, would it be possible to use two CC2531 sticks in two different raspberries for HA in some way? -Or would they just become confused because both would want to be master?

I have the Tradfri remote (well, one of the types!) so will try and check this soon.

No - a network can only have a single coordinator so this simply won’t work.

Thanks a lot for incredibly quick response!

-And for your great work, Chris! We really appreciate your work here!

@chris, I’m not sure where the other issues got to, but I opened one here. Discovery fails after the latest ESH changes.

Didn’t I read that a recompile should fix that issue?

Unfortunately I’m not in a position to do much with the binding until the current changes get agreed and merged as the whole workspace has now changed and it’s a major pfaff to delete everything and reinstall the workspace. :frowning:

I believe that is what I read too. This can be a warning then to others to not update to an OH snapshot >=1231, until the dongles are split out. Dang… I was hoping to test transition time too!

But if a recompile fixes it, then just using a newer ZigBee snapshot should be all that’s needed right? Or am I missing something - I’ve not followed that too closely as I’ve been busy with getting other things running…

Sigh… I was thinking zwave… the next zigbee build should fix this

Hi @chris and Guys,

I have been trying to get a CC2531 up and running in OH2 for a while with no luck. I have tried CC2531ZNP-Pro-Secure_Standard.hex and few other. Can you please have a look and let me know what I am doing wrong. Please see the attached(had to change the file extention to upload).

Thanks
log.xml (76.5 KB)

The log looks ok, but no devices are joining the network. There’s really no indication why - this level of functionality is hidden from the binding as it’s down at the 802.15.4 layer.

My recommendation is to put the binding into join mode, then reset the device that you want to join.

The zigbee binding has been rebuilt, but would the zsmartsystems library also need to be rebuilt to correct this?

No - it’s an issue with ESH and the binding only.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m trying to use xiaomi zigbee devices (temp sensor, button) with openhab trough cc2531 stick in a raspberry pi.
Now I see my two xiaomi devices (temp sens WSDCGQ01LM and button WXKG01LM) in the inbox and I can add to Things but both of them offline.

Do you have any experience on this?
Have you successful setup the system?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

I have used the temperature sensor and it works ok. I’ve got some other devices, but not tested them.

Note that these devices are nor ZigBee devices, so you can expect problems. For starters they probably don’t work through other routers, and may not work if there are network updates…

For anyone out there using an OH snapshot build >= 1230, could you please test deleting a Zigbee device and rediscovering? There are two of us that have seen an issue, but need some help sorting out the cause and a better understanding of how many people are affected. Thank you!

Has anyone had any luck with the latest snapshot and CC2531? I only get exceptions:

16:01:18.045 [ERROR] [home.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Exception occurred while initializing handler of thing 'zigbee:coordinator_cc2531:2431b159': null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at org.openhab.binding.zigbee.cc2531.handler.CC2531Handler.initialize(CC2531Handler.java:53) [213:org.openhab.binding.zigbee.cc2531:2.3.0.201804042202]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [103:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201803311938]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [103:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201803311938]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Any pointers, or is there anywhere where I can download a “semi-stable” version of the binding? I am still working to get a remote control to work. This time, I bought a Philips Hue remote. In 2.2.0, it is discovered, but does not offer any channels. So I upgraded to 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT, but then ZigBee doesn’t seem to work at all, at least not with my CC2531 controller…

I would not expect the latest snapshot binding to work on OH 2.2 due to breaking changes in ESH included in build 1230. To use the latest version of the binding, you’ll probably need to upgrade OH.

Did you install it by dropping the jar into addons? There are now 4 jars needed for a manual install. There’s the Zigbee binding and the dongle binding from here…
https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB2-Bundles/lastSuccessfulBuild/

And then another set of them from here…
https://bintray.com/zsmartsystems/com.zsmartsystems/zigbee/_latestVersion

By far the easiest way would be to upgrade to a snapshot build and install the binding (just one… the rest will be installed as dependencies) through PaperUI.

openhab> list |grep -i zig
244 │ Active   │  80 │ 1.0.8                  │ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.ember
245 │ Active   │  80 │ 1.0.8                  │ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee
246 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.3.0.201804032001     │ ZigBee Binding
247 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.3.0.201804032001     │ ZigBee Ember Binding

Oh, sorry, was I that unclear? I upgraded the entire OpenHab installation to 2.3.0 snapshot.