Zigbee binding

Hm, maybe it’s something Telegesis Stick-related?
Just to compare versions: I am openhab 2.5.0 with a snapshot from 2019-03-30. The Zigbee binding is labeled ‘2.5.0-SNAPSHOT’. So it should be the state as it was end if march.

EDIT: needed to edit the picture…

These are the versions I use:

openhab> bundle:list -s |grep -i zig
200 x Active x  80 x 1.1.11.SNAPSHOT       x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.x
201 x Active x  80 x 2.5.0.201904202118    x org.openhab.binding.zigbee.xbee
203 x Active x  80 x 2.5.0.201904202118    x org.openhab.binding.zigbee
204 x Active x  80 x 2.5.0.201904202118    x org.openhab.binding.zigbee.telege
207 x Active x  80 x 2.5.0.201904202118    x org.openhab.binding.zigbee.cc2531
208 x Active x  80 x 1.1.11.SNAPSHOT       x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.t
209 x Active x  80 x 1.1.11.SNAPSHOT       x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.e
210 x Active x  80 x 2.5.0.201904202118    x org.openhab.binding.zigbee.ember
212 x Active x  80 x 1.1.11.SNAPSHOT       x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee
213 x Active x  80 x 1.1.11.SNAPSHOT       x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.c
openhab>

I use the EMBER (elabs Rpi shiled) coordinator.

Ah, using karaf… good idea ;-). As expected, your versions are newer:

openhab> bundle:list -s |grep -i zig
217 x Active x  80 x 1.1.6                 x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee
218 x Active x  80 x 1.1.6                 x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.cc2531
219 x Active x  80 x 1.1.6                 x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.ember
220 x Active x  80 x 1.1.6                 x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.telegesis
221 x Active x  80 x 1.1.6                 x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.xbee
223 x Active x  80 x 2.5.0.201903282200    x org.openhab.binding.zigbee
224 x Active x  80 x 2.5.0.201903282200    x org.openhab.binding.zigbee.cc2531
225 x Active x  80 x 2.5.0.201903282200    x org.openhab.binding.zigbee.ember
226 x Active x  80 x 2.5.0.201903282200    x org.openhab.binding.zigbee.telegesis
227 x Active x  80 x 2.5.0.201903282200    x org.openhab.binding.zigbee.xbee

I am using the Telegesis ETRX3 Dongle (long range version). As it is running fairly stable I don’t want to change / update. Sorry for being unwilling to try :frowning:.

You shouldn´t… If you system works fairly, stick to it… My system is a nightmare :frowning:

I have a HUSBZB-1 Ember stick. I was running OH2.3 and when I came back from a trip, my Zigbee lights would not be controllable anymore. I tried a few things but gave up as I had no time to look into it.

Today, I had finally some time and I rebooted the NIC on which OpenHab runs. Suddenly things were working again. However, I noticed it said I was running OH2.3 and since 2.4 is available, I ran an update with apt (The NIC runs Linux Ubuntu).
After the update, I have again lost control of my Zigbee lights.

The ZWave things were also not working, though removing them and reinstalling them fixed it.
To try to fix issues, I removed the ZWave and Zigbee bindings using Paper UI and re-installed them.

Is there something new I need to to be aware of with the latest Zigbee bindings?

On the events log, whenever I try to turn on a light, two lines appear:

2019-05-26 13:05:07.605 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘LRoom_Stand_light’ received command 85
2019-05-26 13:05:07.608 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - LRoom_Stand_light predicted to become NULL

I’ve never seen a topic this long in Openhab…took awhile to download. One of the best deals going would bee the Cree Connected bulbs at Home Depot. A few years ago after ditching Wink. I was stuck with my Cree Bulbs. I used the Wink a little longer just to keep them active with Amazon Alexa.
I read that you can use them with the Hue Bridge, so I bought it on sale on Amazon for $29 and then when I hooked up to Openhab a few weeks ago. I connected them using the Hue bridge. I love this Home Automation Agnostic system. The bulbs are currently $12,00 at Home Depot. I’ve had them for over 6 years and they work well. Most of my home automation is using Z-wave, but for a few random lamps they work very well. I kind of wish we could buy more lamps just to have more things to hook up. I’m at saturation when it comes to home automation devices. I’ve got’em everywhere. It took several years, but it was worth the patience by taking advantage of sales.

Is there a section on the community forum to share home automation deals. I got a whole bunch of goodies on clearance at Walmart.

I’m guessing the hardware forum would work, welcome to the OpenHAB community

Hey everyone - question for you. I’ve just moved to a new house (townhouse layout) and I was wondering - how do you all orient your antenna for optimal operation throughout the house? It seems I’ve got a few lot of troublesome lights depending on where I place the antenna … perhaps it isn’t using the mesh properly? Any suggestions you might have would be appreciated. I’ve got HUSBZB-1 USB Hub. At current I’ve got it on the middle floor but I wasn’t certain of the wave pattern on the antenna within it. If anyone with a larger zigbee network has any suggestions for this I’d appreciate it. Also is there any sort of known issue with installing the most recent dev .11 version of the libraries? I should have the newest script but it fails the installation.
Thank you!

In an ideal world, all antennas would be aligned in the same polarisation. IoT is far from an ideal world in this respect, and you probably can’t align all the antennas in every device. So, aligning the gateway doesn’t really help as you’d need to align it with respect to other devices.

There shouldn’t be - it’s been around for a while now and in the coming days I expect to release 1.2.

If you are having an issue with the script, please report it on its thread or open a GH issue.

Currently I have one big trouble bulb that seems to discover/ connect but refuses to accept commands. I’ve attached debugging of it doing the initial discovery as well as a failed command. Is there any sort of setting I can adjust that might help it work better/ extend some sort of timeout perhaps? the device in question is : F0D1B8000006432A.

Thank you!

log.txt (20.8 KB)

The log shows that the stick returns an error sending the message, so the issue is a low level ZigBee issue.

Two things you can do - firstly ensure that you have enough routers in your network so that there are routing options to fill any “gaps” in the network. Then I would suggest to use a newer version of the library which has better handling of transactions and will perform up to 3 retries which may help. Of course, if the communications issues within the network persist, then retrying won’t help, but if things are marginal, then it may improve the link.

Thanks for the info Chris - the two giving me issue were both new bulbs and once I swapped them out with a different one everything is good. My guess is that those two bulbs just have some sort of manufacturer defect.

Hi Chris - just installed the new 1.2.0 release of the libraries but they seem to fail -

Error starting bundle 413: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zigbee.xbee [413]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.binding.zigbee
-> Export-Package: org.openhab.binding.zigbee; bundle-symbolic-name=“org.openhab.binding.zigbee”; bundle-version=“2.5.0.201906190824”; version=“2.5.0”; uses:=“org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing,org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.type”
org.openhab.binding.zigbee [418]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dao; version="[1.1.0,2.0.0)"
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.binding.zigbee.handler
-> Export-Package: org.openhab.binding.zigbee.handler; bundle-symbolic-name=“org.openhab.binding.zigbee”; bundle-version=“2.5.0.201906190824”; version=“2.5.0”; uses:=“com.zsmartsystems.zigbee,com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.security,com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.transport,gnu.io,org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core,org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.registry,org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing,org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding,org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.firmware,org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.type,org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types,org.openhab.binding.zigbee.converter”

Yes, the 1.2 version of the libraries will not work with openHAB at the moment. This is not a simple maintenance release (hence the version number change) and has a number of breaking changes.

If you look in the binding repository you will find a PR under review to adapt the binding for the new version and I would expect this to be ready in a week or so.

Hi, I have OpenHAB 2.4.0 and the Zigbee binding, with an Ember stick and some IKEA Tradfri bulbs. I’m having some troubles with the bulbs not responding all the time. Today I even had a bulb suddenly turning on, while there was no trigger. I’m in the process of trying different solutions; the reinforced concrete might be a problem. But I also read some thins in this thread about devices joining and leaving and fixes in snapshot builds for it.

Would it make sense for me to try one of those snapshot builds?
Would it require to update OpenHAB to a 2.5.0 snapshot as well? Or can I run a 2.5.0 snapshot of the binding on my OpenHAB 2.4.0 install? (I use Openhabian b.t.w.)

Any news regarding the conbee(2)/raspbee hardware?

I have noticed that the mozilla webthings zigbee addon supports those natively. I tested it and have no problems so far. Could that be of any help for this binding?

No - no news.

Not really. The driver is mostly working, but it needs someone to spend some time using it and finding where it locks. Probably it’s not a lot of work, but personally I don’t really have the time to look at it right now.