Zigbee binding

I never got the traadfri motionsensor to work.

1 Like

Do you have old or new trĂĽdfri motion sensors?
I have new ones (E1745) and those are not working.
Debug show OnWithTimedOffCommand, but channels are not triggering

[DEBUG] [tsystems.zigbee.ZigBeeNetworkManager] - RX CMD: OnWithTimedOffCommand [On/Off: 4991/1 -> 0/1, cluster=0006, TID=0C, onOffControl=1, onTime=1800, offWaitTime=0]
[DEBUG] [transaction.ZigBeeTransactionManager] - notifyTransactionCommand: OnWithTimedOffCommand [On/Off: 4991/1 -> 0/1, cluster=0006, TID=0C, onOffControl=1, onTime=1800, offWaitTime=0]

1 Like

E1745 as well.

Please open an issue on github with this information and I’ll take a look at it in future.

1 Like

I’ve no idea if all E1745 devices are the same, or if they have different firmware, or whatever, so it’s kind of hard to know why your device doesn’t work @Kim_Andersen. Really, it’s more useful to provide logs or something so it can be debugged, or at least describe your problem as “I never got the traadfri motionsensor to work” as a description of the problem is unfortunately difficult to work with.

@Vaalar thanks for the very useful information - I’ve now created a PR to hopefully resolve your issue. This will probably be merged early next week.

I know Chris… I just havnt had time to deal with it.
Zigbee has been one of those issues I have spend quite alot of time on, and the result has not been that positive at all. Infact it seems like I´m getting nowhere. (Same symptoms every the time with all my devices stop working after a while, not matter which coordinator I use or which openhab/binding/lib, (I got two different coordinators and two openhab systems running. Same result on both)).

My test with the traadfri motion sensor was a one time (well tried scanning a few times) simple try. When scanning could not find the device, I simply left it. Cause thats an issue I have no influence with, since there are no settings I can change or do anything about. The result left me exactly where all my Zigbee testing and time spending has has left me - I´m getting nowhere.

I will get to it again sooner or later, but atm Zigbee has been abandon. Maybe when I upgrade my second testing system to M3 Milestone, perhaps this weekend, I will give it another try.

@chris
Here you have a debug log when I try to add the Traadfri Motion Sensor.
Zigbee.rar.txt (108.6 KB)

And this is Screendump from PaperUI.

This is the result every time… I dont even know for sure, that this is the Traadfri sensor. But it´s the only device missing.
System running openhab 2.5.0 M3 (just upgraded an hour ago).

Btw… Got my devices up running again, but the Trust sensor didnt survive a battery exchange. It was running fine before the battery exchange… Binding says its Online, but no respons. Maybe you can see something regarding this as well… It´s ID is: 00158d00019533d3

EDIT - Forgot to mention. Binding says Osram plug is online as well. But it´s not even powered atm.

Thanks - I’ll take a look at the log. If possible in future can you not use RAR, and also not name the file TXT as it’s a real pain for me to process. Thanks.

So log doesn’t show any responses from the device at all - this is why it’s not being discovered properly. This is clearly a totally different issue than the other issue discussed above and I’m not sure what the device is doing.

Looking further at the log, it seems the device was already joined before the binding started since the binding had already tried communicating with it. Given it’s a battery device, it is likely sleeping and this might explain why the devie isn’t responding.

I´m not sure I understand. The forum will not let me upload an RAR file. Thats why I rename it to rar.txt. For processing you should just remove the .txt.

Could be a faulty device. I havn´t got a Traadfri hub, so I cant test it elsewhere, (not sure the Hue hub will work).

Its a very very deep sleep then. I´ve even tried yelling at it :laughing:
The sensor is the Trust motion sensor! It´s useless for motion detecting if it cant wake up.

openHAB wants to avoid people uploading large files, hence the restrictions. The best solution is to use a server like dropbox.

Ok, I was confused as I thought we were looking at the Tradfri sensor?

Not really - you only need to wake it up to talk to it. That doesn’t prevent it working as a sensor.

Hmm okay then.

I mentioned the Trust sensor as well (stopped responding after battery change).

It´s in a very deep sleep for sure. I have yelled, as well as throwing my arms in the air several time. It´s pointless for beeing a motion sensor. Binding still says its online, (as usual).

Well, you said -:

I also said:

Ok, but this doesn’t say anything about the fact that the log is for a different device.

Anyway, it doesn’t much matter. I’d just ask you to be clear in future as it avoid me wasting time looking for one thing when you are doing something else. I try to help a lot of people here, so I just ask for you to be clear to help me to help you!

1 Like

Kim
You must wake the sensor. Check the owner’s manual, but this usually involves pushing a button or poking a paper clip in a little hole or some such. Start discovery then wake the device, repeat until the device is fully discovered

I have done that several times. No success.

The ZigBee binding has been updated to the latest libraries - any problems, please let me know.

3 Likes

I’ve just merged some new features to add level control server support… What this means is that the binding will now act as a level control server - it will recieve commands sent from clients (ie switches) and update channels accordingly.

For example, a switch might send a ZigBee command to increase the level at a certain rate, and then a second or two later another command might be sent to stop the movement. Or a command might be sent to step the level from one value to another, at a certain rate.

For these sort of commands, the binding will provide the functionality expected by ZigBee - if a movement is started, then the binding starts a timer to increment (or decrement) at the rate requested by the remote client.

Please let me know if there are any issues with this. I’ve specifically tested this on a Hue remote control, but that device only supports a small number of the features I’ve added.

2 Likes

Thank you for this Information. Was reading this thread from beginning for 40 minutes before i came up to the Idea - read from the end.

Today i bought the remote and the ?new? dimming switch.

Both connect fine, except that the dimming switch is found as IKEA of Sweden TRADFRI on/off switch

From what i understood is that the remote will not work with this binding jet.
If there is anything i can do to support you let me know.

Running OH2.4.

1 Like