Zigbee binding

I am having another challenge with my Philips Hue light. I am trying to control it through the color channel now. However, whenever I try to dim the color channel, it doesn’t change brightness, but changes saturation in stead. I would rather have it change brightness, so that I can control both color and brightness via alexa through the color channel. Is it a bug or a feature?

What version of the binding are you using? This issue was fixed last week I think.

Older, 24/10. Thanks.Last migration to a newer version was such a problem that I am now first cleaning up the config to completely be stored in the cfg directory before I try another upgrade.

Never mind. The device comes up and gets online.

That’s unfortunate. Well, my Java is pretty rusty these days. Do you have any docs/infos where I could try to start looking at? I guess I need to get some intro to OpenHAB development as well. I’ll see if I can find some time to gather some development info.

Not really I’m afraid. You probably need to get some sort of sniffer so you can see what is happening OTA. Otherwise the ZigBee protocol docs are available on the web - if the device doesn’t confirm fully, then it’s tough to work out what’s up though.

Not initially anyway - best is to start with the low level ZigBee library.

Tonight I hope to merge support for sensors - specifically, motion, occupancy and contact sensors, along with temperature and illuminance. Specifically, this supports the Hue motion sensor, and the SmartThings occupancy sensor and contact sensor.

Please let me know how this looks - there’s quite a bit of behind the scenes functionality required to get IAS sensors (so the ST sensors) to work. Currently, it will likely only work with the Telegesis dongle, but I’ll try and get the other dongles working tonight or tomorrow as well.

I will call this 2.2 feature complete and just look to iron out any issues that may come up.

2 Likes

I have just switched to build 1129. Color channel works, Hue motion sensor works. Thanks!

Hue motion sensor only updates luminance when motion is detected. So it is not suited to trigger actions. Temperature seems lower than actual. I guess those are hardware limitations.

The new binding seems to have problems though. I was able to control my lights and test the motion sensor. But then I lost the Ember stick

2017-12-11 13:17:37.275 [INFO ] [ing.zigbee.internal.ZigBeeSerialPort] - Serial port 'COM3' closed.
2017-12-11 13:17:38.410 [INFO ] [ing.zigbee.internal.ZigBeeSerialPort] - Serial port [COM3] is initialized.
2017-12-11 13:17:38.425 [WARN ] [bee.dongle.ember.ash.AshFrameHandler] - Trying to send when not connected.
2017-12-11 13:17:39.506 [ERROR] [ing.zigbee.internal.ZigBeeSerialPort] - Serial Error: Port COM3 in use.
2017-12-11 13:17:39.508 [ERROR] [zigbee.dongle.ember.ZigBeeDongleEzsp] - Unable to open Ember serial port
2017-12-11 13:17:48.708 [ERROR] [zigbee.dongle.ember.ZigBeeDongleEzsp] - Initialising Ember Dongle but low level handle is not initialised.

After restart of OH, Ember stick came back.

The Hue motion sensor sometimes doesn’t switch to “occupancy”, however, you can see that it has detected motion because the luminance starts updating while I move around. Maybe the updated status of “occupancy” got lost in communication? Could you poll for occupancy whenever luminance changes?

I’ll have a look at how the reporting is configured - maybe it’s not configured well at the moment.

This seems to be a startup error so presumably this doesn’t show the problem you had?

No - probably not very easily. Doing this starts to place dependancies between channels and it gets messy really quickly.

No, not really. Everything was up and running. I was testing the motion sensor and lights and then it just went away. At the time, I was also doing things in the PaperUI and .things file concurrently, maybe that caused something to hang.

Well, the error says it can’t open the serial port, so I don’t know how that is possible :confused:.

Hmm - maybe. This will likely cause the serial port to reopen, so maybe there’s some timing issue in this case (ie it’s trying to open the port before the last instance has closed).

OH 2.2.0 snapshot 1114
Zigbee 2.2.0.201712110910
HUSBZB-1

NPE in Karaf:

Exception in thread "pool-44-thread-2" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.internal.ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer.updateDevice(ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer.java:588)
        at com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.internal.ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer.getSimpleDescriptor(ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer.java:555)
        at com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.internal.ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer.access$800(ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer.java:61)
        at com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.internal.ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer$3.run(ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer.java:335)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I have three GE Link bulbs that did not come online after startup. Two of them were offline before the restart though. A power cycle did not bring them back online. It’s only been about 30 minutes though. I see you’ve done something different for the device firmware versions. What format are you using? I also noted a slight delay in resposniveness. Normally, I expect this delay after a restart with zwave devices, but zigbee had been immediately responsive. There seems to be a delay now. I’m sure this will improve when my OH stabilizes, so just an observation.

I think this is the same we discussed last week, but I need to get a log that goes with this :frowning:

On it’s way :wink:

Cool - thanks :slight_smile:

Are you talking about the firmware version in PaperUI (ie not in the properties section)? If so, this is related to the Firmware cluster - so it’s the firmware version that the OTA Firmware upgrade system uses which (strangely!) is different than the information in the basic cluster.

Habmin> Configuration> Things> Device> Attributes> firmwareVersion (I think this is the same format I saw in ST)

Ok, so it’s the same as I mentioned above then. This is directly related to the OTA upgrade feature and this is a special property name specifically to support this.

Hi Chris,

Just wondering if the response from the manufacturer was simple. So do you have any ETA to Raspbee control?

Thanks a lot for your work.

I forget the question now, but the status is it’s mostly working, but there is an issue that I won’t be able to sort for a couple of weeks as I’m about to go on holiday. The main issue is a thread synch issue which I will look at after Christmas when I’m back from holiday.

[quote=“chris, post:581, topic:15763, full:true”] which I will look at after Christmas when I’m back from holiday.
[/quote]
Thanks for all the good work, making Zigbee manufacturer independent.

Just made a rule that when the bathroom is in use (and no music is playing), automatically Sonos will either play TV sound when available or otherwise nature sounds. It will switch off after a few minutes of inactivity. :sunglasses: