Zigbee Dongle - Compatible

Thanks - I will take a look tonight.

Agreed - there is an open issue regarding this…

If you are using textual config, then this would really be appreciated :slight_smile: .

Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately I am not using the binding at all currently. But I might have some time to run it at the weekend. Then I will most probably try to use a textual configuration, so I can add a section to the docs afterwards.

1 Like

Chris, I think you misread, Zigate does seem to support the Xiaomi devices. It looks quite interesting to me.

I hope there is a way to integrate the zigate into OH, alternatively I noticed rhéteur is a zigate nodered
https://flows.nodered.org/node/@neonox31/node-red-contrib-zigate
haven’t looked into that but that might be an easy way to integrate it.

@RWest Richard, did you manage to get your Zigate integrated?

I’m not sure what you mean? What did I misread? I didn’t say that Xiaomi devices don’t work with ZigBee coordinators - they do and I’ve tested them with the binding. What I said is they are not ZigBee compliant - ie I believe they are not tested and certified, and do not respect some parts of the protocol.

What this means is that they may not work 100% of the time. I know that they don’t respect the poll requirements for example - this doesn’t matter too much, but it makes them harder to join the network as they go to sleep straight away. I’ve seen messages on the SmartThings site to say they don’t respect some routing requirements - this may mean they need to be within range of the coordinator, or that they have problems rejoining a network if their parent changes.

So, don’t get me wrong - you can probably use these devices (I’ve personally tested the door sensors and temperature sensors - they work fine for me), but that doesn’t mean they will be 100% compliant with ZigBee and work in all instances.

I don’t know what this is, so can’t comment. As above - the ZigBee binding also works with Xiaomi devices, and my guess is that unless the Zigate has custom firmware to account for any non-standard functions, it will likely have the same sort of issues.

I have a telegesis dongle, is there any special firmware needed?

Yes - you need to have R309 which is the latest version.

thanks, what about the configuration password mentioned in the binding. Do I need it and where to find it. Sorry for the questions, but google wont answer me

You can ignore this.

The binding will use the default password, so unless you have changed it, you won’t need to change the binding configuration. Given you are not sure what it is, I guess you haven’t changed it :wink: .

I get my zigbee stuff working, but it seems it dies after a while

AQURA magnet switches (battery)
The devices are working in karaf but often showing offline in paperUI

Seems to need to wake up the switches manually and then it will work again for a while

trying to learn how zigbee will work for me

Does this look ok?

zigbee_devices []
zigbee_lastupdate
zigbee_logicaltype END_DEVICE
zigbee_neighbors [{“joining”:“UNKNOWN”,“address”:“0”,“depth”:“0”,“lqi”:“138”,“macaddress”:“000D6F000AEC3C6E”}]
zigbee_networkaddress 5645
zigbee_powerlevel FULL
zigbee_powermode RECEIVER_ON_IDLE
zigbee_powersource DISPOSABLE_BATTERY
zigbee_powersources [DISPOSABLE_BATTERY]
zigbee_routes []
zigbee_stkcompliance 0

19:31:57.482 [DEBUG] [egesis.internal.TelegesisFrameHandler] - RX Telegesis Data:+N=COO,11,-07,73B4,F210EF734BE2E31E
19:31:57.482 [DEBUG] [egesis.internal.TelegesisFrameHandler] - RX Telegesis Data:OK
19:31:57.485 [DEBUG] [egesis.internal.TelegesisFrameHandler] - RX Telegesis: TelegesisDisplayNetworkInformationCommand [device=COO, channel=11, power=-7, panId=29620, epanId=F210EF734BE2E31E, status=SUCCESS]
19:31:58.485 [DEBUG] [egesis.internal.TelegesisFrameHandler] - TX Telegesis queue: 1
19:31:58.485 [DEBUG] [egesis.internal.TelegesisFrameHandler] - TX Telegesis: TelegesisDisplayNetworkInformationCommand [device=null, channel=null, power=null, panId=null, epanId=null]
19:31:58.489 [DEBUG] [egesis.internal.TelegesisFrameHandler] - TX Telegesis Data:AT+N?

19:31:58.620 [DEBUG] [egesis.internal.TelegesisFrameHandler] - RX Telegesis Data:+N=COO,11,-07,73B4,F210EF734BE2E31E
19:31:58.620 [DEBUG] [egesis.internal.TelegesisFrameHandler] - RX Telegesis Data:OK
19:31:58.623 [DEBUG] [egesis.internal.TelegesisFrameHandler] - RX Telegesis: TelegesisDisplayNetworkInformationCommand [device=COO, channel=11, power=-7, panId=29620, epanId=F210EF734BE2E31E, status=SUCCESS]

You’ve pasted in a load of “stuff” without formatting so it’s pretty much impossible to read. Is there actually a question related to this or are you just pasting this for information? :confounded:

OOps sorry forgot

Yes i wondered if my log looks ok

Seems my AQURA contacts starts ideling on the zigbee system, and needs to be manually awakened after some time, AKA my telegesis stops listening for them.

1 Like

You might look at this post - Pedro seems to have gotten them to keep connected:

Thank, yo for the reply. I will try that. But if i remember correctly they would not connect if i do that. But will try again

hi all,

i have in trouble to connect Digi Xstick with OH2 with my RP3B+,

suggest me if any step by step procedure to follow.