Zigbee OTA Firmware Provider

Become aware of the binding documentation. Hint: How about the section when things do not go as expected?

1 Like

I did actually post a debug above. The documentation does not even mention the bindings capability of device firmware updates.

I put everything I am aware of now into debug again.

log:set debug org.openhab.binding.zigbee
log:set debug com.zsmartsystems.zigbee
log:set info com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.xbee.internal.ash
log:set debug com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.app.otaserver.ZclOtaUpgradeServer

this is the full output when I click “Install”:

19:21:17.944 [DEBUG] [ing.zigbee.handler.ZigBeeThingHandler] - null: Update firmware with 0x01020509
19:21:17.946 [ERROR] [rnal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'FirmwareUpdateHandler.updateFirmware()' on 'org.openhab.binding.zigbee.handler.ZigBeeThingHandler@58a630be': null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at org.openhab.binding.zigbee.handler.ZigBeeThingHandler.updateFirmware(ZigBeeThingHandler.java:906) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_191]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_191]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_191]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_191]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:152) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_191]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_191]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_191]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_191]
19:21:17.949 [ERROR] [al.firmware.FirmwareUpdateServiceImpl] - Unexpected exception occurred for firmware update of thing with UID zigbee:device:c890ebfb:7cb03eaa00acf5af and firmware FirmwareImpl [thingTypeUID=zigbee:device, vendor=OSRAM, model=Plug 01, modelRestricted=false, description=null, version=0x01020509, prerequisiteVersion=null, changelog=null, onlineChangelog=null, md5Hash=null, properties={}].

Sorry for missing this - it was only 1 line long and I would have expected a lot more than 1 line.

I think Bruce is talking about the documentation section about debug logs.

I’m very surprised that there is only two lines printed. Unfortunately I can’t really comment further.

1 Like

@shorty what file are you trying to load? Are you sure you have created it correctly?

its this from the ledvance/osram webpage for the PLUG 01:

zipped with the xml

thats my xml

addtionally. this is the properties from the device I want to update:

Without a larger debug log I really can’t work out what is going on. It looks like some sort of configuration problem, but there’s simply too little information to go on.

1 Like

Perhaps the documentation should be nodified to say UNFILTERED debug logs are useful for troubleshooting.

I switched now to a Ember Controller (Bitron).
Now the update does work. So it was related to the xbee controller.

I will rebuild now my network and see if also the other issues are gone I had.

1 Like

Please try with the latest binding as there was a fix made recently that may help with this OTA issue.

1 Like

@shorty707 It is usually easiest to use the install script.

Zigbee and Z-Wave manual install script - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community

1 Like

Will there be support for OpenHab 3?
Firmwareprovider was added after building it from git. And Log seems to be ok:

2021-12-02 14:43:36.342 [INFO ] [penhab.event.FirmwareStatusInfoEvent] - Firmware status of thing zigbee:device:01382AC2:7cb03eaa00b09e1c changed to UPDATE_EXECUTABLE.The new updatable firmware version is 0x01020509.

But, if i look at the Think i have not the shown line. No Info about currend Version and no update Button.