Zooz Zen23 V4

Ok, that’s fine. I don’t think this device will work without this (it may not even work with security).

That said, changing the security doesn’t change anything at all - other than when you include this device, so it should have no impact on the rest of your devices. Once the device is included, simply change the security setting back to Security devices only…

Or just return the device and ask for the old one :wink:

Thanks for understanding

I just received a ZEN23 version 4. It was discovered with no issue. Perhaps you have a defective device. The V4 device has 10 scenes vs. 2 for the V3.

Email support@getzooz.com. When I had an issue with a switch, they sent out a tested replacement that has been working fine for over a year.

Interesting, thanks Brice. Can you provide the XML please?

network_cf45763b__node_9.xml (11.3 KB)

I see 3 association Groups. Let me check my V3.

Thanks - so this is totally different to the other one - the NIF now looks normal.

We need a new entry. The V3 has only 2 groups.

I will try to get more technical information. The manual does not mention the groups.

I was afraid it might be that and my error somewhere along the line. As it turns out I actually bought 2 (was waiting to see the verdict) , so I’ll try the other one. It might have been since I originally discovered it in SS. My only excuse was that it was not discovering with OH and thought I would have better luck with the PC powering the stick, instead of the pi3 (more oomph). It’s a Zooz stick by the BTW…

Bob

My test system has a HUSBZB-1 but I have a Zooz stick on my production system. I believe controller variants do not usually make much of any difference.

Well the good news is the other switch was recognized. The bad news I could not get the first switch excluded via OH and resorted to Simplicity studio. It’s now out of OH, but the switch itself probably retains some memory of that inclusion. I have tried to factory reset, then reinclude to no avail so far.
As a side note, I think the problem I had with inclusion with OH on the first switch was not enough load. On the switch I got working, I temporarily replaced my LEDs with 60W incandescent. I had this problem once before with a V3 version when I only had one bulb. They work okay with LEDs, but need more wattage for inclusion.

Bob

I included the switch with no load. Just a power cord connected.

Then I don’t know why I had problems.

Anyway thanks for your effort on this. I hope your deck project is going ok.

Bob

1 Like

Deck is usable with steps.
The next part of that project next week is to try and but some sort of roof over it.

Database entry is created, waiting for next export.