ZWave binding updates

Maybe you misinterpreted my answer: Iā€™m not using the kar, just plain online.

No I donā€™t. The online repo you get your binding jars from is a repo, too.

From what I have read in this forum using the kar file prevents from updating any binding through uninstalling/installing.

Yes noone ever properly stated but I think by UI design itā€™s one (online) or the other (kar).
But you can use .kar and download/place .jars into addons at the same time. You can also extract them from .kars (ok, canā€™t do that in UI).
Just make sure to not use the kar-supplied version of the binding (thatā€™s the one that is used if you specify it in UI/addons.cfg.

Hi Chris, all neighbors now reporting correctly after 0200 heal process :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great stuff - thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Hi Chris. I followed these instructions but Iā€™m still getting

Command received with no implementation (QuantityType).

when I try to change the setpoint of my thermostat. Did QuantityType get into this version? If so is there a way to to verify that I updated the binding properly? Thanks

I think the first thing would be to verify youā€™re really on the right version. Could you run the following in Karaf console and post the output?

bundle:list|grep ZWave

Yes - it is included.

Did you delete all the things? This error normally occurs if the database definition is wrong - ie itā€™s an old definition. What device is this, and what channel are you trying to command?

Here it is:

openhab> bundle:list|grep ZWave
237 ā”‚ Active   ā”‚  80 ā”‚ 2.4.0.M2               ā”‚ ZWave Binding

Iā€™m guessing M2 means milestone 2.

Yep. And milestone 2 was released before this was committed into master, so you donā€™t have the new stuff :wink:

OK, Thanks.

I did the uninstall/reinstall of the binding through Paper UI but I see from sihuiā€™s comment above that that might not work. Iā€™ll try another method tonight.

I got stuck on the Milestone build and followed the instructions here to get back on the daily builds.

As soon as I did that the new z-wave binding was installed.

That was the easiest way I found to update to the new zwave binding. Plus, I wanted to get back to the daily updates.

Try Markā€™s solution, that should work in either case.

Iā€™m snapshot 1361 and my zwave binding shows:

210 ā”‚ Active   ā”‚  80 ā”‚ 2.4.0.201809112011     ā”‚ ZWave Binding

I could swear that a few of my devices donā€™t have the same list of parameters and configuration settings.

For instance, I thought I used to have settings to allow the update of display (in paperui and habpanel) for the NZW39. And I canā€™t seem to get the metering output on my NAS-WR01ZE. The NXW36 Device Configuration lists only Polling Period, Command Poll Period and Switch All Mode; Configuration list nothing.

Am I just remembering wrong? (Iā€™ve been know to do that from time to time :face_with_raised_eyebrow: )

Just to be sure, if we were already using the test version, we shouldnā€™t need to delete and re-add Things upon switching to the merged snapshot version?

Yes, thatā€™s correct - unless a thing definition has changed, but itā€™s safe to assume thatā€™s not the case.

Hi All,

Iā€™m new completely new to openhab. I was testen openhab 2.3 with my zwave devices, which was working very well until i discovered that the Quibino ZMNHAD devices had an issue with sending there l2/l3 status. So after much reading, Iā€™ve decided to install the 2.4 Z-Wave Binding and also the Openhab 2.4 snapshot.

So completely new install of openhab 2.3 on an RPi 3 with openhabian (No Zwave configuration done, what so ever). Then i did the upgrade to the Openhab 2.4 snapshot which now comes with the 2.4 Z-Wave snapshot.
Inserted the Aeotec z-stick gen5 installed the zwave binding via PaperUI and my zwave devices where discovered. Added only 1 ZMNHAD, then made an item for the switch.

But when i trigger the switch from the control page nothing happens. Looking at the config of the Thing, i donā€™t see associations for the lifeline, nor cant i set it.

openhab> bundle:list|grep ZWave
202 x Active x 80 x 2.4.0.201809142025 x ZWave Binding

When toggle the switch i get java erros:

2018-09-15 14:34:57.630 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link ā€˜LT03_Switch-zwave:device:512:node4:switch_binaryā€™ has been added.
2018-09-15 14:35:03.398 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ā€˜LT03_Switchā€™ received command ON

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==
2018-09-15 14:35:03.400 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method ā€˜Ev entSubscriber.receive()ā€™ on ā€˜org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.CommunicationManager@b5dc9ā€™: null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.AutoUpdateManager.receiveCommand(AutoUpdateManager.java:141) ~ [?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.CommunicationManager.receiveCommand(CommunicationManager.java: 266) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.CommunicationManager.receive(CommunicationManager.java:145) ~[ ?:?]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor13.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHand ler.java:153) [100:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201809111909]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [100:org.eclipse.smarthom e.core:0.10.0.201809111909]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
2018-09-15 14:35:03.472 [ERROR] [me.core.internal.events.EventHandler] - Dispatching/filtering event for subscriber ā€˜org.eclipse.smarthome.core.events.EventSubscriberā€™ failed: null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.AutoUpdateManager.receiveCommand(AutoUpdateManager.java:141) ~ [?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.CommunicationManager.receiveCommand(CommunicationManager.java: 266) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.CommunicationManager.receive(CommunicationManager.java:145) ~[ ?:?]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor13.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHand ler.java:153) [100:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.201809111909]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [100:org.eclipse.smarthom e.core:0.10.0.201809111909]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

I think this is probably fixed - it looks like an error in the framework and it has been closed -:

Itā€™s probably not in the latest OH yet though as it looks like it was only closed yesterday.

Thanks Chris, I will check it out and let you know.