ZWave Configuration Parameter Update

Hi @chris,

I would like to use the zwave binding to send a configuration parameter to some of my zwave dimmer switches.This worked great in openhab1. In the new binding I understand there may be extra steps that I don’t have access to.

Specifically, I would like to send config parameter 7 to the following device:
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/16

The parameter is in the database already, but the binding does not recognize the command.

Here is my channel:

{channel="zwave:device:zwavedev:node22:config_decimal:param7" }

Here is the error in the log:

2017-12-04 23:35:35.021 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Cannot delegate update '127' for item 'Dimmer_20_slide_dim_speed' to handler for channel 'zwave:device:zwavedev:node22:config_decimal:param7', because no thing with the UID 'zwave:device:zwavedev:node22:config_decimal' could be found.
2017-12-04 23:35:35.063 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Cannot delegate update '127' for item 'Dimmer_018_slide_dim_speed' to handler for channel 'zwave:device:zwavedev:node18:config_decimal:param7', because no thing with the UID 'zwave:device:zwavedev:node18:config_decimal' could be found.
2017-12-04 23:35:35.164 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Cannot delegate update '127' for item 'Dimmer_029_slide_dim_speed' to handler for channel 'zwave:device:zwavedev:node29:config_decimal:param7', because no thing with the UID 'zwave:device:zwavedev:node29:config_decimal' could be found.

Chris,

I added the config_decimal to the database as a channel under configuration and it works like a charm! Thank you.

The only unusual thing is that it doesn’t link from my .items file. I had to do it manually.

For anyone else who may want to do this, the syntax is as follows:

{channel="zwave:device:zwavedev:node22:config_decimal_param7" }
1 Like