Zwave device ist "unknown", but as "known" expected - can't see the reason

Hi everyone :slightly_smiling_face: ,

my system: openhabian 4.3.7/64bit on Raspberry 8 GB

On my OH v4.3.2 I integrated a “Fibaro Rollershutter 4” into my zwave network. Sadly the device was recognized as “unknown” by openHAB (of course, because the first time it was included in the zwave database was on March ‘25 while OH v4.3.2 was released on January’25).

Ok, now I’ve updated my system to v4.3.7 (released in August ’25). Hopefully I deleted the thing from openHAB and started a scan on the zwave binding but the device is still recognized as “unknown.

Do I have wrong expectations or did I something wrong ?

2025-08-27 17:04:17.092 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 31: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 010F:0304:1000::8.2
openhab> list | grep -i zwave
303 │ Active │  80 │ 4.3.7                 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZWave Binding

I don’t think the updated Zwave database was pack ported to 4.3.7. There’s no mention in the release notes that anything changes with Zwave. You probably need to upgrade to OH 5 to get this device working with the current set of releases.

True. No Zwave DB updates in 2025 were included in any 4.3.x patch release.

Another option besides upgrading to 5.0 is to modify your 4.3.7 jar with the needed XML file using this tutorial.Update ZWave binding with new/updated device xml - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community

EDIT: For a head start here is the file;

fgr224_0_0.xml (16.9 KB)

@apella12 ah, thanks. I will try this and report…

EDIT:

It works perfectly. Thank you :slight_smile: