Zwave device TZWP-102 configuration problem in OH 3.3.0.M3

Prior to upgrade:
openHAB 3.1.0 release build my five zwave TZWP-102 and all other zwave devices was operating without any problems.
After upgrade:
to openHAB 3.3.0.M3 none of the TZWP-102 devices are initialized properly. All other devices are operating without problems.
Description:
The error description for the thing is
"Status: UNINITIALIZED
HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING
{config_16_2=The value 50 does not match allowed parameter options. Allowed options are: [ParameterOption [value=“0”, label=“Disabled”]]}

Parameter 16 has no value assigned to it in the UI so I assume there is a default value in the initialization that is causing the trouble.
I will be downgrading to a prior, stable version, but I assume someone needs to know there is a potential problem.

According to the OH 3.3 milestone discussion (see the entries around March 10th) a stricter check for configuration parameters was introduced in the core with milestone 2. Flaws in the Z-Wave database used in OH are now “visible” in the way you encountered. Note that this is not Z-Wave specific, other bindings are affected as well.
The best way forward is to correct the device definitions in the database, following the database user guide.

1 Like

Thank you for your clarification, Stefan. I noticed that the “Last Approval” timestamp for the TZWP-102 was 2022-04-09 19:57:38. It is probably the new, stricter check in M2+ that revealed the problem.

I will investigate how to contribute to correcting the parameter in the database.

Entry in database for parameter 16 has
default 50
min 1
max 2500
is not limited to options.
single option 0

It looks OK unless it was edited and is not in that build.

Yes, the database parameter values seems ok but in the UI, it is not possible to select anything but “Disabled” (see my screendump above). It is not possible to scroll among possible values nor is it possible to enter a value manually. Furthermore, the row has a “close” icon at the far right rather than the ordinary “arrow up/down”. So I am afraid something is not entirely correct there.

Agree but it might be just the change to that device was made and approved after M3. Possibly snapshot would be OK.

Looking in git the parameter was changed and is same as database.

Prior to this change the limit to option was not set to false so you would not be allowed any value that is not an option. The change was only committed 16 days ago so is probably not in that build.

You could manually edit to add limit to option, use snapshot or go back.

1 Like

Just to leave feedback to any testers of OH 3.3.0.M3 I stopped openHAB, edited the default values of my TZWP-102 in /var/lib/openhab/jsondb/org.openhab.core.thing.Thing.json so that the default value of parameter 16_2 became: “config_16_2”: 0, restarted openHAB and everything works as it should again.

1 Like