ZWave Dual Paddle displays as Single

Well it looks like I’m on snapshot, not stable anymore.

I removed the zwave binding, dropped the JAR into /usr/share/openhab2/addons and restarted the system but still the same issue.

Is that the correct addons folder, it was empty?

I’m finding the steps quite fragmented for this process :frowning:

Now it is a different story :grinning:
As you already found out in your above post in a snapshot release you can install the snapshot zwave binding just by hitting the install button in a GUI.

From this back and forth I would suggest to check via karaf and bundle:list | grep ZWave that only the recent snapshot binding is active.

Only if you want to use newer snapshot bindings with old stable releases :sunglasses:

If nothing helps check your corresponding xml file in /userdata/zwave folder and compare manufacturer, thing and device type to the database.
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list

OK, thanks @sihui
I get about 50% of that so lets see what happens…

So I found the correct device in the database;
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/516#

Don’t know what to do next?

Looks like that is the case;

You’ll need to delete the jar file in the addons directory. Having two zwave bindings installed will cause issues.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

You mean I need to delete the jar file It was suggested I add earlier? So no Jar file required.

It’s pretty easy: in your first post you told us you are on 2.3 stable. So I told you how to get the latest database definitions (add 2.4 binding jar). In some later post you were magically on 2.4 snapshot. Now I told you how to get the database updates if on that version (remove the jar and just install zwave through GUI).

Now you have two zwave bindings on your system, so remove one. You may need to clean the tmp and cache folder and restart openHAB again …

Nothing magical about it. I was on stock 2.3. I followed the detailed instructions for updating the binding (linked earlier) which include the line;

1. If you are not already running 2.4 snapshots, then upgrade OH using the procedure for your platform.

That’s where the magic happened!

Anyway, I really do appreciate all the pointers. I have removed the JAR file and cleared tmp and cache directories as instructed. I now have a single zwave binding listed in Karaf.

Still no joy though, the Dual Paddle stubbornly reports as a single.

Have you compared the xml to the database? The binding generates the xml with info from the device, and uses it to identify it in the db. Please post your xml.

Yes I have. Earlier, I linked to what is the correct item in the database for my device;
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/516#

My problem is, that’s not what’s being loaded for me in OpenHab. Instead, I have this;

node5.xml (5.7 KB)

<manufacturer>0x118</manufacturer>
<deviceId>0x808</deviceId>
<deviceType>0x808</deviceType>
<applicationVersion>1.3</applicationVersion>

If this is what your device is reporting, then it will never match up to this device in the db…

References (Type:Id)	0003:0004,0311:0201

… but it will be recognized as this…

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/781

If the device has two paddles, then this seems like a device issue… the binding is doing everything it’s supposed to do. Maybe it was loaded with the wrong firmware? Or the firware has changed and the type:id changed too. You sure it has two paddles :slight_smile:?

Yes. Visual inspection confirms. No firmware updates on the device. And it’s reported correctly in Home Assistant, just that platform cant access the second paddle (known issue).

Do you have more than one of these devices, and do they behave the same? You’ll probably need the expert for this one (@chris), but OTMH I do not see a way to resolve it.

You could hack the definitions in your binding to make this work, but probably best as a last resort.

I think we’ve seen this before with this, or other TKB devices :roll_eyes: . They use the same set of codes for multiple devices which is a real ballache.

Anyway, how to extract ourselves from this…

This device was added quite recently, so I can probably track down who added it, and we can try and have a discussion about this. We might be able to differentiate the devices using firmware versions, if not, and they really are exactly the same, then we’ll have to rethink.

1 Like

@e-rook I think you might have added this device to the database? Are you able to join the discussion :slight_smile:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/781

Sure I can join :slight_smile: trying to find out what we want to achieve… I have one piece of TZ35S in my installation. Do we need documentation or ?
It works correctly, however sometimes it reports back with delays :confused: good it responds to remote changes quickly.

I have dual paddle TZ37 switch also and it responds much better.

What is the question :)?

Can you provide the product ID, product type, and firmware version that is displayed in PaperUI for the two products?

We will put together a small table of these values for the different products so we can (hopefully!) get a clear picture of what is what.

Thanks.

Here it goes:

TZ37 double relay:

dbReference 562
defaultAssociations 1,2,3
manufacturerId 0118
manufacturerRef 0311:0203
modelId TZ37
vendor TKB Home
zwave_beaming true
zwave_class_basic BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic GENERIC_TYPE_SWITCH_BINARY