Zwave - eurotronic air quality sensor inclusion

Hi everybody,

i tried to integrate the air quality sensor from eurotronic. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to be in the database. (Z-Wave Node 063 (0148:0005:0001:0.1) ) however, this is listed in opensmarthomes’s database.

I currently have version 2.50 M1 running.
Should i update to a snapshot version?

Thanks in advance

… i found it. using 2.5.6 should help… i’ll give it a try

Correct:

yes, it worked
thanks

Hi,

I just got this sensor (Air Quality Sensor Z-Wave Plus), and started to receive data from it.
OH version is 4.0.4.

The data from the RH value is in %; temperature and dew point values are in °C, (and can be changed to °F), and the CO2 value is in ppm. All of that is as expected.

However, the VOC value is a floating point number that I cannot make sense of…
The user manual is confused between it is in ppm or ppb, but neither of these two units match the weird float return I get.
Could it be a percentage of the sensor itself? Here it says:


And if I don’t speak German, I understand that it says it measures CO2 between 0 and 3,000 ppm and VOC between 0 and 2,000 ppm, temperature between -40 and +125°C and then it mentions VOC again in % (but I suspect it is a mistake and they intended to mention relative humidity).

We can see with the following chart than the VOC value (in yellow, Y axis on the right) I receive varies when the CO2 value varies (in green, Y axis on the left), so the sensor must be working, but I am totally lost when it comes to the unit for the VOC value returned by the Thing for this channel:

Is the OH Thing definition correct? Is there a ratio to apply to the number to convert it in ppm or ppb?

Thank you in advance for any clues on this.

Has anyone managed to get the Alarm channel to work?
I have the device since a few weeks but the Alarm channel remains NULL, although I had very high CO2 values and the Led changed color to red many times.

I have no deeper knowledge about z-wave but the database shows: “COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM_V8”
Alarm (HOME_HEALTH) - alarm_general

In the manual I found that the device sends “Notifications”:
Notification type - Home Health
Reason - Air pollution level has changed
Description - Polution level:
0x01: Clean
0x02: Slightly polluted
0x03: Moderately polluted
0x04: Highly polluted

Are these manufacturer specific data or could they anyhow be processed to get proper output for the alarm channel?

The alarm_general is mostly for Alarm_V1. You could try alarm_raw. It should return a JSON string that can be parsed. You could test this idea with this file and [this procedure] (subfolder eurotronic, not zooz) (Update ZWave binding with new/updated device xml).
vocsensor_0_0.xml (9.8 KB)