[ZWave Unknown Device] Homeseer Floodlight HS-FLS100-G2

Yes please, am happy to try when ready. Let me know

@Bruce_Osborne I haven’t done separate updates to the binding before. Would you share the URL where I can download the snapshot please? I can search online for steps on how to do the update, am sure it’s been asked by others.
Thanks in advance, good night!

1 Like

@Bruce_Osborne looks like I can use this script to perform the update?

That script should work after the export happens. It is usually exported about once a week and is a manual process. The script has been testes more with OH2 than OH3.

Just a wild guess but I think a snapshot generated on January 16 should have the changes. I know the current one does not.

EDIT: somebody posted it does not work directly for OH3. The manual installation instructions in the README should still work though.

1 Like

@Bruce_Osborne
I downloaded the script in the addons folder and changed the owner and group to openhab:

I get following error when running the script. I ran it with openhab stopped and with it running, same error:

For reference, I am running openhab 2.5.11 release build

I do not know. I did not write the script. Perhaps try asking in the script thread.

@Bruce_Osborne
I used the command mentioned in this comment:

Keep in mind that you need to ssh into openhab, in my case:

ssh -p 8101 openhab@localhost

update command:

bundle:update org.openhab.binding.zwave [SNAPSHOT URL HERE]

I grabbed the snapshot url from here:

https://ci.openhab.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/openHAB2.5.x-ZWave/detail/openHAB2.5.x-ZWave/99/artifacts

for example, below is the update command that I used with the latest snapshot url:

bundle:update org.openhab.binding.zwave https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB2.5.x-ZWave/99/artifact/target/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.12-SNAPSHOT.jar

I ran the following command to check the zwave binding version:

bundle:list | grep ZWave

it returned the updated zwave binding version:

289 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.12.202101110340     │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZWave Binding

Thanks to Luis for posting the original post on this device … I am a total OpenHab novice running
the openHAB 3.0.1 Release Build … I just bought a few of these unsupported HomeSeer Floodlights and am just beginning to play around with OpenHab … (I’m on a track to replaces my SmartThings with OH and just trying to learn at this point)

Question: Can anyone say when this device will be rolled out in a 3.0 build?

It would only be in a 3.0 build if there is a 3.0.2 which is unlikely since 3.1.0M3 was recently released. That is why I recommend a snapshot version of the binding.

1 Like

Hi Bruce - I have attempted to install a snapshot of the zwave binding following the manual install sequence in the readme … I almost understand what I am doing. I have tried both manually adding the jar file to the addons directory (and changing the ownership to openhab) … and also just using the bundle:update method mentioned by Luis that was successful for him. Anyway, I am unsuccessful installing it (and now have no zwave binding at all) … I am getting the error:

Error executing command: Error executing command on bundles:
Error starting bundle 288: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [288]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.osgi.framework; version="[1.9.0,2.0.0)"

I assume this isn’t working for me because I am on OH3 and there must be something else I need to do. Any ideas would be appreciated.

FYI, I am using
https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB-ZWave/52/artifact/target/org.openhab.binding.zwave-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Are you on 3.1.0 Milestone 3? I think I saw someone else reporting something similar with that version.

No. I am running 3.0.1 … after waiting a bit :slight_smile: the 3.0.1 zwave binding came back. Here is what I have:

288 │ Installed │  80 │ 3.1.0.202104030337      │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZWave Binding
289 │ Active    │  80 │ 3.0.1                   │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZWave Binding

Attempting to bundle:start 288 will yield the Unresolved requirement error.

You need to stop & uninstall the 3.0.1 binding.

Well yes, I have done this multiple times … here’s what happens:

bundle:stop 289 ... it changes to resolving
bundle:uninstall 289 .... 3.0.1 disappears
bundle:start 288 ... get the Unresolved requirement

then I tried:
bundle:update org.openhab.binding.zwave https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB-ZWave/52/artifact/target/org.openhab.binding.zwave-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

But the bundles remain the same (i.e. no change)
288 │ Installed │ 80 │ 3.1.0.202104030337 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZWave Binding

The jar files are still in the addons directory (not sure if that matters)

Not making much progress :frowning: (but I’m not giving up either :slight_smile: )

Any ideas @chris ?

bump … still not making any progress …

OH 3.1.0 SNAPAHOTs are no longer compatible with 3.0.x. 3/0.2 was just released but it has a database dated back to last December when 3.0.0 was released.

Apparently there is a separate GitHub branch for 3.0.x and the database in the binding source there has been updated. I do not know when the next 3.0.x binding will be built.

1 Like

Thanks Bruce - I updated to 3.0.2 … are you saying there is a snapshot I can get for the 3.0.x branch that does have the updated binding?

I just know the developer updated the database.
I do not know the status of binding SNAPSHOTs for 3.0.x.

Sorry. Perhaps one of the senior developers can let us know.

The current 3.1.0 SNAPSHOTS only work with the later 3.1.0 SNAPSHOT versions of OH due to an OSGi update.

Well, I went ahead and upgraded to 3.1.0M3 (was doing something else) … anyway, the Flood light immediately started working :slight_smile: … so I’m not easily going back to 3.0.2 … thanks for your help Bruce!

1 Like