#1534 --- Failed installing 'openhab-misc-restdocs'

Yes just remove the line:

from that addons.config file.

Then restart openHAB and install the REST Docs via Paper UI, Add-ons, User Interfaces:

3 Likes

Hi, i did what you proposed…mostly. i let misc=“” arround but that should not have any impact i guess…

but now i see the following error log in openhab.log

2019-03-23 21:47:49.681 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-ui-restdocs’: Error restarting bundles:
Exception in org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest.sse.internal.SseActivator.start() of bundle org.openhab.core.io.rest.sse.

ah found the following…again in the snapshot jungle…why didn’t keep calm and stay with #1512 uaaaahhhhhhhh

It’s a known issue. Just restart openHAB and the exception should be gone:

Yesterday I installed 2.5.0-Snapshot with openhabian.config

Since then a have several problem one of them is, that I geht this message several times per minute:

2019-04-01 09:49:28.805 [INFO ] [thome.model.lsp.internal.ModelServer] - Started Language Server Protocol (LSP) service on port 5007

2019-04-01 09:49:28.831 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-misc-restdocs'

This two messages rise everytime together! How can I solve it?

Hello,
I have solved, as managed a few posts above.
Go to the directory: /var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab
Edit file : addons.config
look for the misc= line and delete param restdocs
reboot

4 Likes

I have the same error, but my addons.config has the following in MISC?
misc=“ruleengine”

Any Ideas.

Thanks

I have no text file at all referencing rest docs but get this error constantly through all the versions since over a month (since I took notice of it).

Can that be any relic from an old version? I am using OpenHAB on this instance since 2.1.

I have the same problem, although with openhab-action-mail.

This is different from the original issue. You probably didn‘t notice that the mail-Action has Been moved to the legacy addons and is replaced by a new mail binding. You need to enable „legacy addons“ to use it.

Yes, I know. Is there a way to remove ‘mail-Action’? I have not found a way yet, neither in Paper UI nor in the carafe console. I cannot find ‘mail-Action’ in bundle:list.

How did you install it originally? Probably in addons.cfg?

Nope, neither 'services\addons.cfg nor ‘addons.config’ was not used.

I had the same problem with 2.5.0.M2 and Mail-Action.
I got the problem solved after enabling Legacy v1.x Binding Support.
Then I could UNINSTALL the old Mail-Action Bindings.

1 Like

I have this same issue. Can’t find a 1.X version to install to remove, it was never in my addons.cfg. On 2.4M4.

You meen 2.5M4? I just did as described above with great success, remove the line misc=“restdocs” from addons.conf:

solved it! Thx

Worked for me - much appreciated!

Same situation here. addons.cfg is fully commented. Can’t find the Legacy version to remove the old openhab-misc-restdocs. On 2.5_M5

@dbadia

I bet you have addons.config in folder

/var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/

or

/userdata/config/org/openhab/

Please check the misc and legacy entries inside this file.

And it does not exist a legacy version of restdocs. In above mentioned post the author said, that he could not install or uninstall a legacy binding or action, because it was set legacy=false in addons.config.

1 Like