A single distro from now on!

I did a clean install wiping my userdata folder. Now it is working.

Is the new .deb package expected to work on Raspbian Jessie Lite as a starting point on a Pi2B? I still can’t find any reason why the runtime loads up Karaf and doesn’t go further (no logs, no listening ports except the Karaf shutdown and Java remote debugging port). If I either start the openhab2 service or do this by hand

pi@habpi2:/usr/share/openhab2 $ sudo -u openhab ./start_debug.sh
Launching the openHAB runtime...
Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 5005

no further progress is made in starting up.

does this have anything to do with this?: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-distro/pull/356#issuecomment-268740854

did you completely overwrite the /userdata/etc/ with your “old” files? - if yes, this could be the problem…

Yep, that’s the same configuration I used to test. I’m honestly baffled by why it’s not working for you. Is anything else running java?

Solved, but not sure what was wrong exactly, by removing JDK8 and installing it again, with steps like this:

sudo apt-get purge oracle-java8-jdk
sudo apt-get purge oracle-java8-installer
sudo apt-get install oracle-java8-installer

Somehow ended up with an apparently working java environment, but had this effect. Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

Strange indeed! But, glad you got it sorted!

1 Like

Hello

Yesterdy I tried the new single distro, and because I was curios, I chose the simple package.
It woud be no problem, to download the distro agein and start from the beginning, but I was wondering if there is an easyier way to choose an other package? How can I get back to the initial setup an choose the standard package?

THX

I’m sure there is a setting somewhere down in the userdata folder. But you can manually set the package by changing the package parameter in your services/addons.cfg folder. The comments in that file indicate valid values.

Are you saying that this distro should use or relies on systemd ?

Hi, I didn’t try it but I think you can edit your userdata/etc/org.openhab.addons.cfg file and set the “package” setting to “standard”. At least it’s the setting in my org.openhab.addons.cfg:

package = standard
ui = basic,paper,habmin

Nope, but in his case it was. If you’re using sysVinit (init.d), then can use that.

Sorry, maybe my fault - but with paper ui i cant download anny persistence addon and i cant any addon folder to manually place the addons.

Hi

i tried it as you sugessted. It didn´t change anything, so i decided to reinstall it.
For mi this was the easyiest way.

thx

Actually, the package selection does nothing else than creating the file userdata/etc/org.openhab.addons.cfg. So if you delete this file and set a different package in conf/services/addons.cfg it will create a new file with the addons specified of that package. But there really isn’t a need to switch package, because you can simply change the installed addons yourself at any time and for your personal needs.

1 Like

This information would actually nicely fit at the end of this documentation article, wouldn’t you agree?

http://docs.openhab.org/configuration/packages.html

After upgrading to this latest the karaf ssh configuration is reset to only allow login from local host. How can i prevent that the file “/var/lib/openhab2/config/org/apache/karaf/shell.config” is reset on start service?

Forget it: Did my edit in the wrong place.
Using /var/lib/openhab2/etc/org.apache.karaf.shell.cfg now.

Just a minor question, Designer 0.9.0 was broken in some aspects for a long time

did these fixes [quote=“Kai, post:1, topic:19903”]
there are also noteworthy functional enhancements. A new stable ESH build is used in the distro, which addressed this long list of issues.
[/quote]
address some of these issues (mainly highlighting syntax, class errors, issues with imports, missing items, things, etc that were indeed not wrong) or do we still have to wait for that? Not trying to sound ungrateful, but this is one of the things that makes it hard for me (non_Java guy) to get more into it. The resolved issues list surely looks impressive and important, but I did not get the impression that the snapshot 0.9.0 changed in this regard…yet I may have easily missed something…

Did my first upgrade and got this:

pi@homeauto /etc/init.d $ sudo apt-get upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following packages have been kept back: nuscratch The following packages will be upgraded: openhab2 1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded. Need to get 52.1 MB of archives. After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Get:1 http://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2/ unstable/main openhab2 all 2.0.0~20170112185728-1 [52.1 MB] Fetched 52.1 MB in 28s (1,847 kB/s) (Reading database ... 82696 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to replace openhab2 2.0.0~20170111215718-1 (using .../openhab2_2.0.0~20170112185728-1_all.deb) ... Unpacking replacement openhab2 ... Setting up openhab2 (2.0.0~20170112185728-1) ... Installing new version of config file /var/lib/openhab2/etc/version.properties ... Installing new version of config file /var/lib/openhab2/etc/branding-ssh.properties ... Failed to get D-Bus connection: No connection to service manager. dpkg: error processing openhab2 (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1 Errors were encountered while processing: openhab2 E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Where can I find this file(userdata/etc/org.openhab.addons.cfg) on raspberry?
I can’t also change conf/services/addons.cfg. This is only read only file. When I want to change chmode, it’s run error.
Could you write me what I do wrong?

If apt-get installed it’s /var/lib/openhab2