A single distro from now on!

Martin,
I also use the 1.9 version of the astro binding. When I look at the PaperUI I see both the 1.9 and 2.0 versions. Do you use the offline version. I saw above if you want the offline distro. you need to do the following commands:

sudo apt-get install openhab2-addons
sudo apt-get install openhab2-addons-legacy

Hi

I downloaded the snapshot, unpacked it and started openhab und a Windows 7 64bit professional system.
In the console everything loojed fine, got the openhab logo an so on.
Then i tried localhost:8080 an got the following line.

Error 404 - Not Found.

No context on this server matched or handled this request.
Contexts known to this server are:
/8199 ā€”> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@1db05b2{/8199,file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/WEKA/Energieaudits%20in%20kleinen%20und%20mittleren%20Unternehmen/webapp/}

This also happend some time ago with the offline distro and demo package.

Maybe some of you have an idea what IĀ“m doing wron.

Thx

Hi @Daniel_OH , You canā€™t place it in a location that has spaces. Such as ā€œProgram Filesā€ for example. Try moving it away and seeing if that works better.

I did a clean install wiping my userdata folder. Now it is working.

Is the new .deb package expected to work on Raspbian Jessie Lite as a starting point on a Pi2B? I still canā€™t find any reason why the runtime loads up Karaf and doesnā€™t go further (no logs, no listening ports except the Karaf shutdown and Java remote debugging port). If I either start the openhab2 service or do this by hand

pi@habpi2:/usr/share/openhab2 $ sudo -u openhab ./start_debug.sh
Launching the openHAB runtime...
Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 5005

no further progress is made in starting up.

does this have anything to do with this?: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-distro/pull/356#issuecomment-268740854

did you completely overwrite the /userdata/etc/ with your ā€œoldā€ files? - if yes, this could be the problemā€¦

Yep, thatā€™s the same configuration I used to test. Iā€™m honestly baffled by why itā€™s not working for you. Is anything else running java?

Solved, but not sure what was wrong exactly, by removing JDK8 and installing it again, with steps like this:

sudo apt-get purge oracle-java8-jdk
sudo apt-get purge oracle-java8-installer
sudo apt-get install oracle-java8-installer

Somehow ended up with an apparently working java environment, but had this effect. Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

Strange indeed! But, glad you got it sorted!

1 Like

Hello

Yesterdy I tried the new single distro, and because I was curios, I chose the simple package.
It woud be no problem, to download the distro agein and start from the beginning, but I was wondering if there is an easyier way to choose an other package? How can I get back to the initial setup an choose the standard package?

THX

Iā€™m sure there is a setting somewhere down in the userdata folder. But you can manually set the package by changing the package parameter in your services/addons.cfg folder. The comments in that file indicate valid values.

Are you saying that this distro should use or relies on systemd ?

Hi, I didnā€™t try it but I think you can edit your userdata/etc/org.openhab.addons.cfg file and set the ā€œpackageā€ setting to ā€œstandardā€. At least itā€™s the setting in my org.openhab.addons.cfg:

package = standard
ui = basic,paper,habmin

Nope, but in his case it was. If youā€™re using sysVinit (init.d), then can use that.

Sorry, maybe my fault - but with paper ui i cant download anny persistence addon and i cant any addon folder to manually place the addons.

Hi

i tried it as you sugessted. It didnĀ“t change anything, so i decided to reinstall it.
For mi this was the easyiest way.

thx

Actually, the package selection does nothing else than creating the file userdata/etc/org.openhab.addons.cfg. So if you delete this file and set a different package in conf/services/addons.cfg it will create a new file with the addons specified of that package. But there really isnā€™t a need to switch package, because you can simply change the installed addons yourself at any time and for your personal needs.

1 Like

This information would actually nicely fit at the end of this documentation article, wouldnā€™t you agree?

http://docs.openhab.org/configuration/packages.html