ABUS Z-Wave Doorlock HomeTec Pro CFA3010

I would suggest to start the binding, wait a while (let’s say, 1 hour), then try the secure inclusion. In this log at least, the binding is still initialising, and this is causing delays. Eg in this log, node 2 is not responding to the NIF request, and that is occuring during the inclusion, and that adds 10 seconds of delay to the process which is too long.

@chris what do you mean by start the binding ?
Do you think it will help to unplug Node 2 which is causing problems?

@Bruce_Osborne thx for the suggestion with the Log Viewer. I don’t know how to find the root cause of my problem, but to me it seems that the Secure inclusion Failed:

The binding is started normally when OH starts, but it can also be stopped and started separately using the console.

No - this will only make things worse as then it’s guaranteed that the device doesn’t work.

Yes - this is what I said earlier. The cause is the delays that occur before this part of the log that you are showing here.

Thank you for your help.

@chris Node 2 was in fakt the problem. I removed the node completely. Then did everything I did before (Reset Door Look, Switched it to S0 then inclusion over OH).

I would never ever thought that this device(Node 2 a Switch, which wasen’t even pluged in since log) is the root cause. By the way, the “Log Viewer” is there realy a awsome tool finding those problems.

Thanks a lot for your support and patience!!!

2 Likes

How do you guys go from S2 to S0 on this lock? :blush:

Seems I can’t get into admin mode. When I push both buttons, the 2 leds directly flash, so directly to inclusion mode? Seems that all settings (downsizing to S0) must be done in admin mode? Or is there another way?

openHAB does not support S2 but S2 devices are S0 backward compatible

You must complete the Other steps First.
So it must be mounted to the Door and the Key calibration etc done.

Only after that you can Switch to s0 and then after that pair it with your zwave Stick via openhab.

Crap. Just noticed that I don’t have enough marge between the lock and door jamb when opening/closing the door. Only 2mm… So I can’t mount it properly. :thinking:

Hi Chris, hi Bruce,
after upgrading to openHAB 3 (v3.1) I did a complete new inclusion of all my Z-Wave devices and they were all discovered fine except my ABUS CFA3010 door lock (similar to hofie81 above).
When including it the following log entries are generated:

14:52:15.151 [INFO ] [ig.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing 'zwave:device:fb4639308e:node19' to inbox.
14:52:15.151 [INFO ] [openhab.event.InboxAddedEvent        ] - Discovery Result with UID 'zwave:device:fb4639308e:node19' has been added.
14:52:16.158 [ERROR] [ommandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass] - NODE 19: Error building derived keys {}
java.security.InvalidKeyException: Invalid AES key length: 8 bytes
	at com.sun.crypto.provider.AESCrypt.init(AESCrypt.java:90) ~[?:?]
	at com.sun.crypto.provider.ElectronicCodeBook.init(ElectronicCodeBook.java:97) ~[?:?]
	at com.sun.crypto.provider.CipherCore.init(CipherCore.java:591) ~[?:?]
	at com.sun.crypto.provider.CipherCore.init(CipherCore.java:467) ~[?:?]
	at com.sun.crypto.provider.AESCipher.engineInit(AESCipher.java:313) ~[?:?]
	at javax.crypto.Cipher.implInit(Cipher.java:839) ~[?:?]
	at javax.crypto.Cipher.chooseProvider(Cipher.java:901) ~[?:?]
	at javax.crypto.Cipher.init(Cipher.java:1286) ~[?:?]
	at javax.crypto.Cipher.init(Cipher.java:1223) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass.setupNetworkKey(ZWaveSecurityCommandClass.java:465) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass.setNetworkKey(ZWaveSecurityCommandClass.java:418) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.doSecureStages(ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.java:480) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer$1.run(ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.java:206) [bundleFile:?]
14:52:20.226 [INFO ] [ommandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass] - NODE 19: Using Scheme0 Network Key for Key Exchange since we are in inclusion mode.
14:52:20.229 [ERROR] [ommandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass] - NODE 19: Error building derived keys {}
java.security.InvalidKeyException: Invalid AES key length: 8 bytes
	at com.sun.crypto.provider.AESCrypt.init(AESCrypt.java:90) ~[?:?]
	at com.sun.crypto.provider.ElectronicCodeBook.init(ElectronicCodeBook.java:97) ~[?:?]
	at com.sun.crypto.provider.CipherCore.init(CipherCore.java:591) ~[?:?]
	at com.sun.crypto.provider.CipherCore.init(CipherCore.java:467) ~[?:?]
	at com.sun.crypto.provider.AESCipher.engineInit(AESCipher.java:313) ~[?:?]
	at javax.crypto.Cipher.implInit(Cipher.java:839) ~[?:?]
	at javax.crypto.Cipher.chooseProvider(Cipher.java:901) ~[?:?]
	at javax.crypto.Cipher.init(Cipher.java:1286) ~[?:?]
	at javax.crypto.Cipher.init(Cipher.java:1223) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass.setupNetworkKey(ZWaveSecurityCommandClass.java:476) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveSecurityCommandClass.handleSecuritySchemeReport(ZWaveSecurityCommandClass.java:149) [bundleFile:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveCommandClass.handleApplicationCommandRequest(ZWaveCommandClass.java:274) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveNode.processCommand(ZWaveNode.java:1365) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager$ZWaveReceiveThread.run(ZWaveTransactionManager.java:532) [bundleFile:?]
14:52:35.820 [INFO ] [ialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer] - NODE 19: SECURITY_INC State=FAILED, Reason=SET_KEY
14:52:35.828 [WARN ] [zwave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 19: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! Manufacturer data not known.

and the device remains as “unknown device” in the thing’s overview - no matter of how long I wait…
I tried inclusion several times, always with the same result.
These are the steps I did:

• Excluded the door lock from the controller (successfully)
  • Resetted the door locks inclusion performing the steps in the manual just in case there has been an error during exclusion (successfully)
  • Setting the controller into inclusion mode (successfully)
  • Included the door lock (not successful because the node is created but remains unknown)

Can you tell me where the error is and how I can fix it?

Regards

Ansgar

By the way:
You can unplug the AeoTec Z-Stick to include and exclude devices. For me it worked for my Fibaro devices which showed up after plugging in the stick and starting a scan to add new devices. And after a while all devices changed from “unknown device” to what they are (e. g. smoke detector).

That is not recommended and will not work for secure devices because the encryption key is in the binding, not the controller.

Hi Bruce,
thanks for the hint. But the problem with my door lock arises with the Stick attached to the computer. So, do you have an idea what’s going wrong here?

So no real experience with security, but reading the log it says invalid 8 bytes code. On my zstick the security is 16 bytes. Click on zstick thing, advanced.

The next option is to run an inclusion while using the binding in Debug mode to get more detailed information for folks to look at.

Bob

Hi apella12,
this was the solution: I changed the network key of my controller to 16 bytes and the door lock was included without error message.
And it was discovered as that what it is: a DOOR LOCK!
Thakns for help
Ansgar

I recently had a long mail conversation with an awesome support person at ABUS who helped me to get the device going. I therefore like to provide everything I learned from him and during my further analysis.

1. First of all: I highly recommend as mentioned before to put the device in S0-mode before inclusion. Even though the device WAS included in S2 mode it wasn’t recognized. I didn’t dig deeper into that but what I can say is that after I removal and configuring it to S0 and then tried again it worked right away. I am aware that the z-wave spec says the device should fall back to S0 automatically but at least I had issues with it. This is the way to configure the device to be on S0

Perfom device reset:

• press both arrow keys up until the left led goes to green.
  • press arrow up/down until left led becomes red
  • Confirm with “door lock”
  • press arrow up/down until left red, right yellow
  • Hold “door lock” until both flash alternately
  • Hold “door lock” again until both are off.

Now switch to S0

• Press both arrow keys until left led is green.
  • Hold both arrow keys again until left flashes green.
  • Press rrow up/down until left flashes red.
  • Confirm with “door close”.
  • Press arrow up/down until both leds are red.
  • Confirm with “door lock”.
  1. When you look at the channels, there will be one which is called “Door Sensor”. Note that this channel is (and will not be) supported (as confirmed by the ABUS support). I have changed the config in the Z-Wave-Database by not removing it but marking as not supported, so this should come up with the next release of the binding.

2. Note that the lock not only unlocks the door but also opens it (“pulling down the handle”). As confirmed by ABUS this cannot be prevented.

3. If you use a key to open the door, the opening works against the motor and this should only be perceived as unusual usage as it will always lead to a recalibration of the lock. So, yes, you can use a key but it should only be used if you have a problem opening the door electronically.

4. The keypad that is available for these looks DO NOT work with the Z-Wave Device (they work on bluetooth which the Z-Wave type does not support).

5. It took me a while to find out how to configure it for google assistant. “LOCK” is in fact the right type but you need the right wording to open it. In German you cannot say “OPEN the gardendoor” = “Öffne die Gartentür” but you need to say “Sperre die Gartentür auf” which is unintuitive. I am not sure what the right english wording is.

Here is a link to the manual of the device.
Other than that the device works pretty well for me.

Hope that the above helps someone else,
Stefan

2 Likes

Thank you for this awesome summary.
But this point puzzles me and is a show stopper from my perspective, because my wife and parents in law would use the key instead of anything else.
So is this still true?

Where can I find this?
I don’t have the security setting in mainUI from my controller (UZB-stick)
Thank you

Yes, it is and my guess(!) that this is the case for most locks.

Thank you for the quick response, Stefan.

I am currently using a Danalock which does not show this behavior.
Actually it helps to turn the key from inside the door if set to „Turn assistant ON“

However, I would prefer the ABUS, but the point above is a no-go.

You mean this;
top of page (note show advanced is checked);

Bottom of page;

Bob

Of course - stupid me.
I was looking for a setting to be changed from 8 to 16 (byte)
Mine is already on 16.
Thanks for opening my eyes, Bob :wink: