Aeotec WallMote - Slide

Ah, that would be why!

So firmware is fine. I just find a rapid finger press works best ie its definitely oversensitive. I will try over night because the issue I had this morning was that the press did not immediately work. The Remotec ZRC90 however worked immediately.

Probably.

Yeah. And it doesn’t take much for the device to detect the press as a long press.

1 Like

True, ill do some more playing around before I decide to keep these or not.

Aeotec just responded and said 1.8 is old hardware and cant go to firmware 2.0. They will exchange my units for new ones! Hope that fixes the issue

1 Like

Spoke to my retailer after sending them the Aeotec email, they have just withdrawn from sale the Dual WallMotes due to the issues and hardware problems. Australia has no stock of the updated hardware for the Dual so they recommend the Quad, its the latest.

They are exchanging my Duals for Quads at no cost. Good outcome. Hopefully the Quads function nicely!

Ah, I thought you had the Quads. I have the Quads and they’re working fine. Hopefully you’ll have the same experience.

1 Like

Hi Mark, i received the quads today. They are firmware 2.3 so lets see how they go!

Gosh I wish we could have slide!!! It was requested in 2017! come on OPENHAB! Ill fund the developement time

@mhilbush @chris what kind of software skills would someone need to make a change to the Zwave binding to allow for Swipe functionality?

I would be willing to look at getting someone from Freelancer to help develop this, along with the required updates to support Remote serial connections

Cheers

So you are willing to pay someone else, but my time is for free? I find this strange…

:confounded:

Hi @chris

id be HAPPY to pay you, it’s your binding but you mentioned you have other priorities so if I can improve it further for all I’d happily pay.

Let me know!

Well, I normally prioritise based on either lots of people asking for a feature, or major bugs that are affecting people. Priorities can always be changed of course…

Unfortunately I am away from tomorrow until the end of next week, but I will look at it when I return (or maybe I can find some time when I’m on holiday).

Note that I will not have internet while travelling.

Hi Chris,

I will send you a personal email on the issue. Enjoy your no doubt much deserved holiday!

Cheers

Hi everyone, did anywone solve dimmer issue?

Yes, the updated channels were added and tested.

1 Like

Hmm. I wonder what is wrong in my OH2 - I have below channels set in items file:

Switch   SwitchBiuroWlacznikDoubleMote_SwitchBinary   "Switch"                   {channel="zwave:device:2dd500f8:node19:switch_binary"}
Dimmer   SwitchBiuroWlacznikDoubleMote_SwitchDimmer   "Dimmer"                   {channel="zwave:device:2dd500f8:node19:switch_dimmer"}
Number   SwitchBiuroWlacznikDoubleMote_MeterWatts     "Electric meter (watts)"   {channel="zwave:device:2dd500f8:node19:meter_watts"}
Number   SwitchBiuroWlacznikDoubleMote_MeterKwh       "Electric meter (kWh)"     {channel="zwave:device:2dd500f8:node19:meter_kwh"}
Number   SwitchBiuroWlacznikDoubleMote_SceneNumber    "Scene Number"             {channel="zwave:device:2dd500f8:node19:scene_number"}

I see scene number change in log file between 1.0/1.2/1.2/2.0/2.1/2.2, but when i slide left section or right section nothing is happenig with dimmer value. Nothing is happening in log viewer :frowning:

I associate group 3 and 5 to controller and also I’ve changed parametr 3 to 1 (enabled) and parametr 4 to 3 (Central scene and config).

Firmware version is 1.8
ID: 0002:0081

Any ideas?

PS: Thank you very much for your reply Chris

@dastrix80 do you have some rules / items that you could share for how you’re using this device?

I do.

Ill get something up shortly.

1 Like

Thanks.

Items:

/*ZWave Aeotec Wallmote Bedroom  */
Number BedRoom1_AeoButton_Scene       "Aeotec Bedroom 1 Button"                                  { channel="zwave:device:a1562d1c:node20:scene_number" }
Number BedRoom1_AeoButton_Battery     "Aeotec Bedroom 1 Battery"          (gBatteries)           { channel="zwave:device:a1562d1c:node20:battery-level" }
String BedRoom1_AeoButton_Slide1      "Aeotec Bedroom 1 #1 Button"                               { channel="zwave:device:a1562d1c:node20:switch_startstop1" }
String BedRoom1_AeoButton_Slide2      "Aeotec Bedroom 1 #2 Button"                               { channel="zwave:device:a1562d1c:node20:switch_startstop2" }
String BedRoom1_AeoButton_Slide3      "Aeotec Bedroom 1 #3 Button"                               { channel="zwave:device:a1562d1c:node20:switch_startstop3" }
String BedRoom1_AeoButton_Slide4      "Aeotec Bedroom 1 #4 Button"                               { channel="zwave:device:a1562d1c:node20:switch_startstop4" }

Rules:

rule "WallMote Dim Control BedRoom 1"
when
        Item BedRoom1_AeoButton_Slide2 received update
then
        val String json = (BedRoom1_AeoButton_Slide2.state as StringType).toString.split("\\W+").get(2)
                val String type = transform("JSONPATH", "$.direction", json)
        if (type == "INCREASE") {
                percent_din = DiningRoomDim1.state as Number
                        percent_din = Math.min(percent_din.intValue + 10,100) // increase brightness by 10%
                                DiningRoomDim1.sendCommand(percent_din)
}
        if (type == "DECREASE") {
                percent_din = DiningRoomDim1.state as Number
                        percent_din = Math.max(percent_din.intValue - 10,0) // decrease brightness by 10%
                                DiningRoomDim1.sendCommand(percent_din)
}
end

4 Likes

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your time. Please find below two rules which are working so far.

//Ubikacja włączanie i wyłączanie światła z czujki ruchu Aeotec

rule "Ubikacja Swiatlo Aeotec"

when

Item SensorUbikacjaMotionAeotecA_AlarmMotion changed

then

/*Włącz światło*/

if (SensorUbikacjaMotionAeotecA_AlarmMotion.state == ON)

{

logInfo("Światło","ON: Włączono światło w ubikacji przez czujnik ruchu Aeotec")

SwitchUbikacjaWlacznikAeotec_SwitchBinary.sendCommand(ON)

SwitchUbikacjaWlacznikDoubleMote_SceneNumber.sendCommand(1.0)

}

else

/*Wyłącz światło*/

{

logInfo("Światło","OFF: Wyłączono światło w ubikacji przez czujnik ruchu Aeotec")

SwitchUbikacjaWlacznikAeotec_SwitchBinary.sendCommand(OFF)

SwitchUbikacjaWlacznikDoubleMote_SceneNumber.sendCommand(2.0)

}

end

//------------Biuro--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//Ubikacja włączanie i wyłączanie światła z Aeotec WallMote Double

rule "Biuro Swiatlo Aeotec"

when

Item SwitchBiuroWlacznikDoubleMote_SceneNumber changed

then

/*Włącz światło*/

if (SwitchBiuroWlacznikDoubleMote_SceneNumber.state == 1.0)

{

logInfo("Światło","ON: Włączono światło w biurze z włącznika Aeotec")

RelayBiuroSwiatloMain_SwitchBinary.sendCommand(ON)

}

else

/*Wyłącz światło*/

{

logInfo("Światło","OFF: Wyłączono światło w biurze z włącznika Aeotec")

RelayBiuroSwiatloMain_SwitchBinary.sendCommand(OFF)

}

end