Aeotec Z-Stick 7

Hi, I wanted to buy an Aeotec Z-Stick 7 but, as far as I understand, it is not supported by OpenHAB yet. At least, this is what I’ve read here:

but this information dates back to a year and a half ago. Are there any updates about this?

The problem is only related to the new Gen7 features? (i.e. can the stick work in ‘backward compatibility mode’, like a Gen5 stick?) Or the stick will not work at all?

Thanks

My understanding is:

• Zwave 700 Controllers are still not supported. The last I saw SiLabs was still switching between having an open API or requiring the use of a library which would not work in OH. Though I could be miss-remembering the specifics here.

• Zwave 700 devices should work with non-700 controllers though. So it’s only the controllers that are not supported. And of course if there are 700 specific features supported by these devices, those wont be supported either.

Thank you Rich, so I understand that the 700 controller is not supported at all, not even in backward-compatibility mode.

The fact is that I wanted to replace my Everspring Z-Wave stick, which is working fine but lacks backup capabilities. I could opt for the Aeotec Gen5 Z-Stick but I liked the idea of having the most recent product…

Something happend since last year?
Is it still something regarding all 700er controller or just special to the brands or serial-interface?

If possible I would like to test Aeotec 7 againt ZWave.Me 7.
Should I gain against USB or Serial (with my Pi 4B)?

Currently I burned a 500er Had from ZWave.Me (dont knowing the reasons, just happend over the day)

Greatings

Is it still unsupported?

I just bought a Z-Stick 7 as a replacement for a bricked Razberry and as far as I can see, it does not work.
I get errors like: “SerialMessage class null is not implemented!”

Any update on how or when to get it running would be nice!

As noted above it is not supported. Note the solution in this thread/posting

1 Like