Aeotech Doorbell 6

Do I still have to use this binding for the doorbell?

Could you please explain which steps are necessary to use the new binding version?
I am assuming I have to put the jar into the addons folder, but I don’t have to set up again the entire zwave network?

Hi

If you want to activate the doorbell from openhab then you need to use my branch.
Yes you need to put the binding in the addons directory and you can see how I configured it here:
Add support for COMMAND_CLASS_SOUND_SWITCH · Issue #1245 · openhab/org.openhab.binding.zwave · GitHub

/Kennet

1 Like

I got the error:

2021-03-10 13:00:34.279 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.7-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [268]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.serial

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

I cleared the cash after reboot, did a reboot again.
Any idea?
Thanks alot in advance.
Bernd

openHAB 2.5.11-1 (Release Build)
Release = Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)
Kernel = Linux 4.9.35-v7+
Platform = Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2

I also tried the binding a couple of days ago and got the same error as @Bernd_R. I’m running the latest installation of openHAB 2.5 on Centos 7.

Hi,

I do not want to bother you, but could you take a look at the error?

BR,
Bernd

I Think you just need the serial binding. Try installing for instance the zigbee binding via the normal iu.

1 Like

I thought it looked like they were trying to run an OH2 binding on openHAB 3

That did the trick, the binding is working now. However, the communication of OH with the device is still not possible.

I think it is related to the entrance in the Z-Wave Device Database. My device is the “ZW164 Indoor Siren 6 and Doorbell 6”. I guess there is something wrong or different in my case (OpenSmartHouse Z-Wave Device Database):

I don’t have the same channels that @Kennet has his post:

Switch alarm_system_siren "Alarm siren" { channel="zwave:aeotec_zw164_00_000:controller:node12:notification_siren1" }
Switch doorbell_ringing "Door ring" { channel="zwave:aeotec_zw164_00_000:controller:node12:notification_siren3" }
Number doorbell_play_tone "Playing tone" { channel = "zwave:aeotec_zw164_00_000:controller:node12:play_tone" }
Dimmer alarm_volume "Alarm volume" { channel = "zwave:aeotec_zw164_00_000:controller:node12:volume" }

Do I have a different device?

BR
Bernd

openHAB 2.5.11-1 (Release Build)
Release = Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)
Kernel = Linux 4.9.35-v7+
Platform = Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2

What is also strange, I tested the Aeotec Sirene Gen5 ZW080-BI and it worked. But I cannot find it in the zwave database. Why?

I found the missing device (AEON Labs ZW080 Siren Gen5) OpenSmartHouse Z-Wave Device Database. There is something messed up, but I don’t know how to repair it.

BR,
Bernd

The database entry looks OK to me. What do you see it wrong?

If @Kennet uses the “ZW164 Indoor Siren 6” device, which I assume from his posted data, than his device works with the “AEON Labs ZW080 Siren Gen5” database entry. That doesn’t make sense to me. Maybe his device has an older firmware version which works similiar to the ZW080. That could be mixed up? I don’t know.

Like others wrote in different forum posts, the “ZW164 Indoor Siren 6” does not work at all. Can @chris please confirm that the “ZW164 Indoor Siren 6” device is currently not supported by the zwave binding, because of missing command classes.

There is an open issue on Siren 6 & Doorbell 6. It will take some big binding changes. Follow the GitHub issue for updates.

1 Like

I read the post, but it is still not clear to me how they can use channels that the device doesn’t provide.
In future there will maybe more clarity about the firmware versions of the different? devices or if I am missing something else.

Firmware versions & features are controlled by the manufacturer, separate from OH.

No question.

Be aware that the proposed solution does not work with firmware version 1.5 of aeotec doorbell 6 at the moment. I am graceful for all the work the volunteers put into this project. Many thanks!

Excluded, included the bell again and now all channels are working. I am not sure why they were not previously displayed.

Items:

/* Klingel*/
Number doorbell_play_tone 		"Playing tone" 							{ channel = "zwave:device:a7f5a9cb:node32:play_tone" }
Dimmer alarm_volume 			"Alarm volume" 							{ channel = "zwave:device:a7f5a9cb:node32:volume" }
Number HT_Klingelsound
Switch HT_Klingel_testen

Rules:

rule "Turn on bell and send notification"
when
	Item F_Tuerklingel changed to ON
then
	doorbell_play_tone.sendCommand((HT_Klingelsound.state as Number))
	sendBroadcastNotification("Seitentür: Türklingel", "door_bell","Türklingel wurde ausgelöst!")
end

rule "Test door bell"
when
	Item HT_Klingel_testen changed to ON
then
	doorbell_play_tone.sendCommand((HT_Klingelsound.state as Number))
	HT_Klingel_testen.sendCommand('OFF')
end

Sitemap:

Text label="Sirene" icon="siren"
{
	Frame label="Klingel"
	{
		Selection item=HT_Klingelsound label="Ton" icon="soundvolume" mappings=[1="Ding Dong",2="Ding Dong Tubular Bell",3="Traditional Apartment Buzzer",4="Electric Apartment Buzzer",5="Westminster Chimes",6="Chimes",7="Cuckoo",8="Traditional Bell"]
		Setpoint item=alarm_volume label="Volume [%s]" icon="soundvolume"
		Switch item=HT_Klingel_testen label="Test"
	}
}

1 Like

I made a new update that you can download from Release Support for COMMAND_CLASS_SOUND_SWITCH · kennetn/org.openhab.binding.zwave · GitHub
It is updated to 3.3.0 but there is no issues with using it with 3.2.0.
I also made a pull request Add support for COMMAND_CLASS_SOUND_SWITCH by kennetn · Pull Request #1715 · openhab/org.openhab.binding.zwave · GitHub that I hope can get merged.

I am replying to a request from @Bruce_Osborne on github here so we can move the discussion about Doorbell 6 parameters and firmware here.

Sorry to bother, but roe original device xml we have is the 1.4 firmware. and our documentation appears to be for 1.6.
It appears 1.6 (1.06) was released in March 2019 & is available as an upgrade, following Aeotec’s directions. Could @brydling or @kennetn please post the openHAB XML for a firmware 1.6 device? That would be a large help to me.

I have updated my devive to 1.6 and here is the xml:
network_dffb66f0__node_12.xml (62.2 KB)

1 Like

Thanks much. That should match our available documentation.

I will initially create a new entry with a bogus manufacturer and swap things out after configuration is completed. That will help keeping any current users functional in that period of time.

1 Like

For anyone else reading this thread, just wanted to confirm that @Kennet 's fork works fine for my ZW164 Indoor Siren 6 firmware v1.6 on Openhab 3. All you need to do is use this branch of his fork if you’re running OH3 - https://github.com/kennetn/org.openhab.binding.zwave/tree/Add-sound-switch-commandclass

And also add these two extra channels to the XML for the device:

Note the file has moved in OH3 - it’s now here - https://github.com/openhab/org.openhab.binding.zwave/blob/main/src/main/resources/OH-INF/thing/aeotec/zw164_0_0.xml

For anyone who’s not built their own version of the binding, just:

1. check it out from git
  2. do a mvn install
  3. look in the target directory and copy the org.openhab.binding.zwave-3.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar file into /usr/share/openhab/addons (at least on my Ubuntu install where OH was installed with apt)
  4. but make sure you’ve first removed the z-wave binding from the list of installed bindings in the UI, and then install the serial binding which the z-wave binding needs to work (when you uninstall the z-wave binding it might remove the serial binding)