Alexa Smart Home Skill - No devices found - Solution

Sorry for delay as I deleted everything and had to wait till I’m home to recreated my steps.
The complete output of https://myopenhab.org/rest/items/ is:-

[{"link":"https://myopenhab.org/rest/items/testswitch2","state":"OFF","type":"Switch","name":"testswitch2","label":"Light","category":"light","tags":["Lighting"],"groupNames":[]}]

Looks ok.
@garthy

Can you control your Openhab items via myopenhab.org?

Is your Openhab server in the same LAN like your Echo device. Same subnetmask, same gateway?

You have to check ALL items, not only testswitch2.

What output delivers?https://myopenhab.org/rest/items/

If you read steps to reproduce post #39 you will see I installed a new clean instance with just one testswitch2 item in my items directory, The cloud connector setup with a brand new account on myopenhab and nothing else.
The complete output of https://myopenhab.org/rest/items/ is as in my post above as I only have one item in my test instance as I wanted to remove all other Variables.

[{"link":"https://myopenhab.org/rest/items/testswitch2","state":"OFF","type":"Switch","name":"testswitch2","label":"Light","category":"light","tags":["Lighting"],"groupNames":[]}]

For Alexa I don’t own a Echo and I am using https://alexa.amazon.co.uk, the Alexa app on my phone and Alexa on my Fire. All error out at discovery. Also Google Home errors out but this is newer so I thought I’d go with the older more tested solution.

(As a side not but possibly related I’ve just tried to reset my password and am getting the reset link has expired. If I look at some of the response headers coming from myopen hab I see Thu, 22 Feb 2018 20:13:32 GMT This could be causing a problem with discovery/registration?)

I don’t know if it’s possible to use this without an echo device! Perhaps someone else knows this?

But you also should try to control your items via myopenhab.org.

Click on “Click here to access your OpenHAB’s dashboard”…

Then you should see your configured dashboard, e.g:

You also should check, if your Alexa Application is authorized to access myopenhab.org:

Yeah I Think maybe you do need an Echo to get this to work and I suspect that is what the error message I see back from Amazon means… Customer XXX does not have any devices that supports home automation. I just assumed that having the Amazon Alexa App on my Fire would be enough as I assued all it does it talk to Openhab via myopenhab and some sorta Lambda and no hardware is needed. Maybe we can confirm and document.

On the plus side after fixing up my labels as described above My Google Home setup now works when it didn’t before.

I’ll see if I can borrow an Echo and check it works with hardware.

Thanks for your help.

Did you find out if this is true?
I am using the amazon alex app on android and the Hue emulation… Also here Alexa does not find any devices.
I have tried a lot (redirecting ports) etc. but did not get it working.

[EDIT] To answer my own question: No you don’t need an Echo. I have just installed the CC and it works with the items I have configured.
What I found out for me: I really need to do the tagging in the items file precisely. i.e.

[ "Switchable" ]

with capitalization and withspaces etc. If I got one thing wrong - No devices were discovered.

I have same problem too.

can anybody explain what “clean” is?

Here is some of my related items that I expect to work, because they work with homekit already. I work with items file.

{“link”:“https://myopenhab.org/rest/items/Light_FF_Front",“state”:“OFF”,“type”:“Switch”,“name”:“Light_FF_Front”,“label”:"Front Room Light”,“category”:“light”,“tags”:[“Lighting”],“groupNames”:[“Broadlinks”,“Lights”,“LightsF1”,“Lights_Random”]},{“link”:“https://myopenhab.org/rest/items/Light_FF_Terrace",“state”:“OFF”,“type”:“Switch”,“name”:“Light_FF_Terrace”,“label”:"Terrace Light”,“category”:“light”,“tags”:[“Lighting”],“groupNames”:[“Broadlinks”,“Lights”,“LightsF1”,“OutdoorLights”]},{“link”:“https://myopenhab.org/rest/items/Light_FF_Kitchen_Terrace",“state”:“OFF”,“type”:“Switch”,“name”:“Light_FF_Kitchen_Terrace”,“label”:"Kitchen Terrace Light”,“category”:“light”,“tags”:[“Lighting”],“groupNames”:[“Broadlinks”,“Lights”,“LightsF1”,“OutdoorLights”]},

They are mostly broadlink switches with broadlink binding (RF433MHz remote) and Sonoff T1 devices.

Clean means: before you start tagging the .items file you should verify, if your https://myopenhab.org/rest/items/ has NO tags inside. If so, then begin tagging your first item.

I followed the topic with interest.

here is my solution:

I also tested the following:

In my installation it made no difference whether with capitalization and withspaces or without it.
In the REST API is always displays without.

Hi

I need some help for items with Mi-Light Alexa I add the skill and open jab cloud add and link items but there no items in the item files just bank and Alexa does not pick up anything on raspberry pi auto start up

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank oliver

Could you explain how to group Alexa device controls?

For example I have a Switch “TV” which controls if TV is on or off. So I say “Alexa, TV On” and she turns it on. So now I created an Item “Volume” and when I say “Alexa, volume 10 percent” it works, but when I say “Alexa, TV volume 10 percent” it doesn´t. So how can I achieve the last version? I also want to add things like “Alexa, TV mute” and so on, just have no idea how to group this for Alexa…

Hi @Celaeno1,

I did today a first setup of Alexa with my phone app. and setup everything as stated in here . I selected 4 items in my items file I would like to control with Alexa in a first move.

.items:

Switch Power_Plug_Socket_1 <lightbulb>          (Alle_Lichter)  ["Lighting"]
Switch Power_Plug_Socket_3 <lightbulb>          (Alle_Lichter)  ["Lighting"]

I can see the items in the myopenhab.org cloud under items. But searching with Alexa I receive the issue message that no devices found.

my runtime.cfg is like this

#org.eclipse.smarthome.links:autoLinks=false

In the file is stated that default is true. Does this mean this is the issue for me here? My item Linking in PaperUi is showing simple mode switched off.

the https://myopenhab.org/rest/items/ is providing the following information:

[]},"editable":false,"type":"Number","name":"XiaVac_NetRSSI","label":"Network RSSI","category":"network","tags":[],"groupNames":["gXiaomiVac","gXiaomiVacNetwork"]},{"link":"https://myopenhab.org/rest/items/XiaVac_NetLife","state":"63420","stateDescription":{"pattern":"%1.0f","readOnly":true,"options":[]},"editable":false,"type":"Number","name":"XiaVac_NetLife","label":"Uptime","category":"Time","tags":[],"groupNames":["gXiaomiVac","gXiaomiVacNetwork"]},{"link":"https://myopenhab.org/rest/items/Power_Plug_Socket_1","state":"OFF","editable":false,"type":"Switch","name":"Power_Plug_Socket_1","category":"lightbulb","tags":["Lighting"],"groupNames":["Alle_Lichter"]},{"link":"https://myopenhab.org/rest/items/Power_Plug_Socket_2","state":"OFF","editable":false,"type":"Switch","name":"Power_Plug_Socket_2","category":"cinemascreen","tags":["Lighting"],"groupNames":[]},{"link":"https://myopenhab.org/rest/items/Power_Plug_Socket_3","state":"OFF","editable":false,"type":"Switch","name":"Power_Plug_Socket_3","category":"lightbulb","tags":["Lighting"],"groupNames":["Alle_Lichter"]},{"link":"https://myopenhab.org/rest/items/Power_Plug_Socket_4","state":"OFF","editable":false,"type":"Switch","name":"Power_Plug_Socket_4","category":"screen","tags":["Lighting"],"groupNames":[]},{"link":"https://myopenhab.org/rest/items/Power_Plug_Socket_1234","state":"NULL","editable":false,"type":"Switch","name":"Power_Plug_Socket_1234","category":"poweroutlet","tags":[],"groupNames":[]},

There are a lot of “tags”:[] and as well some “label” in my rest file. How is the ideal setup? I would like to understand what I need to clean up and how because I did not have installed one of the mentioned bindings. For the lights I am using exec binding e.g. Due to just started with the Alexa stuff I am a bit confused what to do next. Can someone help me a bit? How should it look like in the .items file correct?

Thank you for helping me out here.

@Woogi

In your .items file the labels are missing!

Switch Power_Plug_Socket_1 "Socket 1" <lightbulb> (Alle_Lichter) ["Lighting"]
Switch Power_Plug_Socket_3 "Socket 3" <lightbulb> (Alle_Lichter) ["Lighting"]

thank you @Celaeno1 for your quick response.

I changed the label for the two items. Is it required for every item in the .items file? Even if I don’t want to control them with Alexa? I preferred in the past to label my items in the .sitemap file. Some items don’t need a label, because they are group items or just relevant for rules.

.items looks like this right now:

Switch Power_Plug_Socket_1 "Deckenfluter" <lightbulb>          (Alle_Lichter)  ["Lighting"]
Switch Power_Plug_Socket_2 <cinemascreen>                       ["Lighting"]
Switch Power_Plug_Socket_3 "Snowboard" <lightbulb>          (Alle_Lichter)  ["Lighting"]

Socket 1 and 3 I like to control with Alexa.

In total, based on the rest/items file I do have 143 items. 141 items are with empty tag tags":[] and only the two mentioned are with tags and as well since my last change with label. Alex still does not find the device.

The new sequence from the file looks like this:
...{"link":"https://myopenhab.org/rest/items/Power_Plug_Socket_1","state":"NULL","editable":false,"type":"Switch","name":"Power_Plug_Socket_1","label":"Deckenfluter","category":"lightbulb","tags":["Lighting"],"groupNames":["Alle_Lichter"]},{"link":"https://myopenhab.org/rest/items/Power_Plug_Socket_2","state":"NULL","editable":false,"type":"Switch","name":"Power_Plug_Socket_2","category":"cinemascreen","tags":[],"groupNames":[]},{"link":"https://myopenhab.org/rest/items/Power_Plug_Socket_3","state":"NULL","editable":false,"type":"Switch","name":"Power_Plug_Socket_3","label":"Snowboard","category":"lightbulb","tags":["Lighting"],"groupNames":["Alle_Lichter"]},...

Alexa is connected and after changing the .items file I switched the devices that they are active in myopenhab.

This is what I do in the app. Maybe I do sth. wrong there?

Kindly,
Woogi

@Celaeno1 I found the bug myself. red somewhere that german Umlaufe are not so cool in item files. I had two Ü in one of my item files which lead to the problem, that Alexa did not found any item. This is fixed and I can use Alexa. I will try to implement more items and update if I find any other issues from my side :smiley:

Thank you for your help :wink:

1 Like

Hi guys,
I need your help. I got this working a long time ago and now I wanted to add a new device to the Alexa skill.

But the alexa webpage nor app is able to recognize the new device. I deleted at some point all my as they have been shown as “offline”.

I have tags only for the Alexa devices. All these devices have also labels. But I have a lot of devices without labels. But they should not be used for the Alexa Skill. As I wrote these items also don’t have tags.

I already remove my Hue binding and all items belonging to that but still I’m not able to find any device in the webpage.

Do you have any smart idea what else to check?

I’m running openHAB 2.3

Rollershutter Alexa_CT_RS_Kueche	    "Rollladen Kueche"	 	    <blinds>    ["Switchable"]
Rollershutter Alexa_CT_RS_WC	        "Rollladen Bad"            <blinds>    ["Switchable"]
Rollershutter Alexa_CT_RS_Wohnzimmer	"Rollladen Wohnzimmer"	        <blinds>    ["Switchable"]
Rollershutter Alexa_CT_RS_Schlafzimmer	"Rollladen Schlafzimmer"           <blinds>    ["Switchable"]
Rollershutter Alexa_CT_RS_Haus		    "Rollladen Haus"		    <blinds>    ["Switchable"]

While running the search on the alexa web page I receive the following errors in the log:

2018-12-15 10:06:27.238 [ERROR] [ersey.server.ServerRuntime$Responder] - An I/O error has occurred while writing a response message entity to the container output stream.
org.glassfish.jersey.server.internal.process.MappableException: org.eclipse.jetty.io.EofException
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.internal.MappableExceptionWrapperInterceptor.aroundWriteTo(MappableExceptionWrapperInterceptor.java:92) [172:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor.proceed(WriterInterceptorExecutor.java:162) [171:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-common:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.MessageBodyFactory.writeTo(MessageBodyFactory.java:1130) [171:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-common:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime$Responder.writeResponse(ServerRuntime.java:711) [172:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime$Responder.processResponse(ServerRuntime.java:444) [172:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime$Responder.process(ServerRuntime.java:434) [172:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime$2.run(ServerRuntime.java:329) [172:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors$1.call(Errors.java:271) [171:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-common:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors$1.call(Errors.java:267) [171:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-common:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:315) [171:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-common:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:297) [171:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-common:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:267) [171:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-common:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.process.internal.RequestScope.runInScope(RequestScope.java:317) [171:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-common:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime.process(ServerRuntime.java:305) [172:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ApplicationHandler.handle(ApplicationHandler.java:1154) [172:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent.serviceImpl(WebComponent.java:473) [169:org.glassfish.jersey.containers.jersey-container-servlet-core:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent.service(WebComponent.java:427) [169:org.glassfish.jersey.containers.jersey-container-servlet-core:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:388) [169:org.glassfish.jersey.containers.jersey-container-servlet-core:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:341) [169:org.glassfish.jersey.containers.jersey-container-servlet-core:2.22.2]
at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:228) [169:org.glassfish.jersey.containers.jersey-container-servlet-core:2.22.2]
at com.eclipsesource.jaxrs.publisher.internal.ServletContainerBridge.service(ServletContainerBridge.java:76) [15:com.eclipsesource.jaxrs.publisher:5.3.1.201602281253]
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:848) [87:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:584) [87:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceServletHandler.doHandle(HttpServiceServletHandler.java:71) [185:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:6.0.9]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143) [86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:548) [84:org.eclipse.jetty.security:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:226) [86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1180) [86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.doHandle(HttpServiceContext.java:284) [185:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:6.0.9]
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:512) [87:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185) [86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1112) [86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141) [86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:80) [185:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:6.0.9]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:134) [86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:534) [86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:333) [86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:251) [86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:283) [78:org.eclipse.jetty.io:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:108) [78:org.eclipse.jetty.io:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.SelectChannelEndPoint$2.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:93) [78:org.eclipse.jetty.io:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.executeProduceConsume(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:303) [89:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.produceConsume(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:148) [89:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.run(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:136) [89:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:671) [89:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:589) [89:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.3.21.v20170918]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Caused by: org.eclipse.jetty.io.EofException
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint.flush(ChannelEndPoint.java:199) ~[78:org.eclipse.jetty.io:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.WriteFlusher.flush(WriteFlusher.java:420) ~[78:org.eclipse.jetty.io:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.WriteFlusher.write(WriteFlusher.java:313) ~[78:org.eclipse.jetty.io:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractEndPoint.write(AbstractEndPoint.java:147) ~[78:org.eclipse.jetty.io:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$SendCallback.process(HttpConnection.java:739) ~[86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.IteratingCallback.processing(IteratingCallback.java:241) ~[89:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.IteratingCallback.iterate(IteratingCallback.java:224) ~[89:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.send(HttpConnection.java:519) ~[86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.sendResponse(HttpChannel.java:750) ~[86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.write(HttpChannel.java:801) ~[86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpOutput.write(HttpOutput.java:235) ~[86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpOutput.write(HttpOutput.java:219) ~[86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpOutput.write(HttpOutput.java:470) ~[86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.internal.ResponseWriter$NonCloseableOutputStreamWrapper.write(ResponseWriter.java:325) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.CommittingOutputStream.write(CommittingOutputStream.java:229) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor$UnCloseableOutputStream.write(WriterInterceptorExecutor.java:299) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.ReaderWriter.writeTo(ReaderWriter.java:116) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.AbstractMessageReaderWriterProvider.writeTo(AbstractMessageReaderWriterProvider.java:79) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.InputStreamProvider.writeTo(InputStreamProvider.java:105) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.InputStreamProvider.writeTo(InputStreamProvider.java:60) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor$TerminalWriterInterceptor.invokeWriteTo(WriterInterceptorExecutor.java:265) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor$TerminalWriterInterceptor.aroundWriteTo(WriterInterceptorExecutor.java:250) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor.proceed(WriterInterceptorExecutor.java:162) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.internal.JsonWithPaddingInterceptor.aroundWriteTo(JsonWithPaddingInterceptor.java:106) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor.proceed(WriterInterceptorExecutor.java:162) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.internal.MappableExceptionWrapperInterceptor.aroundWriteTo(MappableExceptionWrapperInterceptor.java:86) ~[?:?]
... 46 more

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.writev0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.writev(SocketDispatcher.java:51) ~[?:?]
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.write(IOUtil.java:148) ~[?:?]
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.write(SocketChannelImpl.java:504) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint.flush(ChannelEndPoint.java:179) ~[78:org.eclipse.jetty.io:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.WriteFlusher.flush(WriteFlusher.java:420) ~[78:org.eclipse.jetty.io:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.WriteFlusher.write(WriteFlusher.java:313) ~[78:org.eclipse.jetty.io:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractEndPoint.write(AbstractEndPoint.java:147) ~[78:org.eclipse.jetty.io:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$SendCallback.process(HttpConnection.java:739) ~[86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.IteratingCallback.processing(IteratingCallback.java:241) ~[89:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.IteratingCallback.iterate(IteratingCallback.java:224) ~[89:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.send(HttpConnection.java:519) ~[86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.sendResponse(HttpChannel.java:750) ~[86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.write(HttpChannel.java:801) ~[86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpOutput.write(HttpOutput.java:235) ~[86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpOutput.write(HttpOutput.java:219) ~[86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpOutput.write(HttpOutput.java:470) ~[86:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.3.21.v20170918]
at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.internal.ResponseWriter$NonCloseableOutputStreamWrapper.write(ResponseWriter.java:325) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.CommittingOutputStream.write(CommittingOutputStream.java:229) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor$UnCloseableOutputStream.write(WriterInterceptorExecutor.java:299) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.ReaderWriter.writeTo(ReaderWriter.java:116) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.AbstractMessageReaderWriterProvider.writeTo(AbstractMessageReaderWriterProvider.java:79) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.InputStreamProvider.writeTo(InputStreamProvider.java:105) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.InputStreamProvider.writeTo(InputStreamProvider.java:60) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor$TerminalWriterInterceptor.invokeWriteTo(WriterInterceptorExecutor.java:265) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor$TerminalWriterInterceptor.aroundWriteTo(WriterInterceptorExecutor.java:250) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.internal.JsonWithPaddingInterceptor.aroundWriteTo(JsonWithPaddingInterceptor.java:106) ~[?:?]
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.internal.MappableExceptionWrapperInterceptor.aroundWriteTo(MappableExceptionWrapperInterceptor.java:86) ~[?:?]
... 46 more

Best regards
Timmi

Check your .items if there are special characters or e.g. german Umlaute (ä, ü, ö, ß) in your “item names” or labels. Begin only with one tag e.g. [ “Switchable” ]. Then search with Alexa for your device.
Check also myopenhab.org/rest/items/ if it has only one tag inside.

If this is running, then tag the rest…

Hi Alex,
thank you for the reply. I have updated my post from above with my configuration and the errors which I see while triggering the search on the alexa page.

Best regards
Timmi

@Timmi

What about the underscores _ _ _ in your item names? Could you remove them?

(EDIT: underscores are allowed!)

Or maybe your .items is corrupt.

Please create a new one with e.g. only the 5 lines above.