Announcing OpenWeatherMap binding for Eclipse SmartHome / openHAB

Curious, I’ve just been playing with arbitrary geo coordinates without surprises.
More inclined to think it was the forced Thing update from the act of changing coords, even though you’d previously changed forecastDays=

1 Like

The free API does not provide daily forecasts, so you must set forecastDays to 0. In order to get a 5 day forecast (24 * 5 = 120), you will need to set forecastHours to 120 and aggregate the hourly forecast, which comes in 3h chunks. See…

This is not correct. You can configure your location to be any valid coordinates and get reports. After making a change to the Thing, you will not notice a change until the next poll interval. The openweathermap binding will also pull the coordinates from your OH system settings (Configuration> System> Regional Settings).

1 Like

I did post a test build of the binding which will work for the OneCallAPI and provide daily forecasts - it’s in this thread:

Ok, thank you for the clarification. I assume that it was then the thing update to forecastDays=0 that did the job and maybe it just took a while and it was a coincident that it happened when changing the geo coordinates.

I am happy that it works now! Thank you very much for supporting me!

1 Like