Berlin meetup

I’m in! I could present my newest project: Battery-less BLE wall switches :slight_smile:

1 Like

@pfink should EnOcean be worried? Yes.

So far we have:

• The new MQTT Binding
  • Hue Binding + Emulation service
  • Batteryless wall switches
  • hopefully persuade @rtreffer to talk about HCL lighting.

Discuss: PaperUi RFC

In fact no, because EnOcean also manufactures the battery-less BLE radio module :smiley:

I would be in too.

@imaginator I can also talk about my heating control.

@holger_hees Looking forward to that!

Meetup is now live: https://www.meetup.com/Mayflower-Meetup-Berlin/events/257099532 Looking forward to seeing everyone.

1 Like

One more topic I could present: Since openHAB 2.3, there is a quite less-known and barely documented core feature called Profiles. I already use Profiles heavily in my setup and could save a lot of rules with them while improving the maintainability of the configuration at the same time. Currently I’m preparing a PR for the user documentation of Profiles.

That would be really sweet. I’m still struggling with profiles.

If you can’t wait for 2019: This is the current draft, it’s already 90% completed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, we recently released our Open Hardware board for sensors - the Pocket Science Lab (https://pslab.io). Would love to give a short presentation or shout-out about the project depending on how much time there might be still available. Looks relatively full already the schedule, but a shout-out would be great :slight_smile:

@Mario_Behling looks like an amazing device. I’m sure we can find 5 mins in the schedule.
cheeky question: any chance of a giveaway/sponsoring best speaker of the day prize?

Hi Simon, yes, 5 mins are great. Thank you! Device as a give-away is difficult. Will be easier once we sell a few more. But, I could offer a Tshirt from our last FOSSASIA Summit. Maybe you could combine this with something else?

Hi guys,

Did see the event tweet and I’m looking forward to join you next Sunday.
I see myself still more or less as an newbie in regard to openHAB who still has only dipped his to toe into the vast possibilities - so no talks from myself for this time. Let’s see what future meetings might bring :wink:

Looking forward to meet contributors and fellow users,
Felix

Unfortunately I have to cancel. I will still be in NRW at that time, due to unforeseen events :confused:

@imaginator @holger_hees

Just a little brain fart - did we ever try to invite a guy from AVM (producer of the FRITZ!Box and a small smart home line up) to the Berlin Meetup? Just asking because they are located in Berlin and , perhaps, they might be willing to give us a little insight into their roadmap / might get input from us what smart home users would appreciate…

Or is such an company involvement unwanted?

(I have no personal connection to AVM, I’m just using some of their products)

1 Like

Not serious: Maybe they could help to maintain the TR064 binding, extend the features and make it stable :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@fex great idea. If anyone has contacts there, I’m happy to reach out and plan a presentation with them for the fourth meetup. Let’s chat tomorrow at the meetup.

2 Likes

It is a amazing work. I wanted to attend to the meetup but I had to cancel :sob:.

Did you already thought about a solution without configuration but using machine learning? The first year would may be not optimized but you avoid a lot of research on the materials used and calculations. Which could as well give a generic solution.

I am now on my way from Hamburg to Berlin. Will arrive 11:22 at Berlin main station.

Someone i could pick up or someone there to pick mw up?

Thomas

3d maker labs

my homepage
http://www.intranet-of-things.com/

heating presentation

3 Likes