Best AV-Receiver for OpenHAB

Oh that’s news. I was under the impression that he had given up on updating.
Can you get me in touch with him again to have him update the binding with the latest model strings?
I have already compiled the list of 2016-2020 models that are missing.

Yes the HW is great, too. I bought it for the sake of Atmos and love that stuff.

Unfortunately, I am not in direct contact with him and only was for the time when we worked on [pioneeravr] Add Listening Mode Channels (#5515) · openhab/openhab-addons@2189951 · GitHub

J-N-K commited the changes for me and Hilbrandt did the review. Not sure, who or even IF there is an active maintainer for the binding anymore, but maintaining it seems pretty doable. Maybe I can help you out if you create a GitHub Issue and private-message me here.

Tried it once… had nothing but problems with my VSX-932… Turned out it wasn´t supported by the binding.

Great.
I just opened https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/issues/7315, please see what you can do.

@mstormi @Kim_Andersen @gersilex

Did you know that there was a fusion of Onkyo and Pioneer in 2015.

Most of the Pioneer AV Receivers after 2015 (exactly since April 2016) are supported by the Onkyo Binding.
There is no need to update Pioneer AVR binding with models after 2015 (since April 2016). Instead the Onkyo binding documentation should be updated.

Did you try out Onkyo binding?

See also here:

SC-LX501 (2017 model)

VSX-S520 (Model 2016)

VSX-831

Pioneer VSX-1131 (identical to VSX-531 and VSX-831).

1 Like

No I didnt know that. Will give it a try asap.

1 Like

I have an Onkyo TX-NR717 and control almost everything via openHab. Controlling the 2 extra zones are much easier via openHab. Also switching between sound modes (normally you need to toggle between all modes, in openhab I just select the correct one).

1 Like

That’s great news. It might be even worth to migrate the features into the one binding and maybe rename it some day. Thanks for the info!

I didn’t know they’re compatible … but that seems to be just the same sort of generic support that exists in the pioneeravr binding, too (ipAvrUnsupported I think it’s called there).

Yes it’s called “ipAvrUnsupported”. (I don’t know exactly which channels are supported there). But the “generic support” of Pioneer binding has all the same channels like the “fully supported” Pioneer models.

I have an SC-LX72 and all is running but the “Display Channel”.

I just tried the Onkyo binding. It does not auto discover my receiver. I havn´t tried manual setup, yet.

Make sure that “network standby” is enabled in your receiver settings.

Manual configuration: You need to know IP address and port.

Port can be: 23 or 8102 or 60128

Network standby is enabled.
According to the Pioneer binding its port 23. I tried all three ports you´d suggest, but no luck.

Try with the pioneeravr binding first, this time using ipAvrUnsupported or ipAvr2016 channel type and port 60128 or 8102 (port is user-definable BTW).

Seems to be my receiver not responding right now. The Android app cant reach it either… This is really a bad receiver.

I’ve got the predecessor model and wholeheartedly disagree, it’s pretty reliable. Did you ever configure it via web?

No, cant reach it on port 80.

Are you sure the Receiver is in the network at all?

Did you set a manual IP-ADDRESS or DHCP?

I would use a manual IP-ADDRESS for being sure that is the correct one.