Betatest - Renault ZE Services Binding

Send me your email and I can mail you the jar. I am doug at culnane dot net.

@sihui I think I have changed the link to be annon please try:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rq9X1WidTgwqaqW5RIH1YNEIecRn_bEE/view?usp=sharing

2 Likes

Thx, great, works without the need to login.

BTW, there is a Marketplace now for bindings which are not yet part of the official openHAB repo:

1 Like

Great, works, thx (ZOE 110/50, openHAB 3.1 stable)

1 Like

Doug you are great!

I have tried your file with succcess ! I was loocking from time to time into this thread in hope for
a new binding. In the mean time i used it with pyze, but that need deep knowledge.
I have tried it with openhab 3.2, ZOE 110/40 (old version).

Reg
Lars

1 Like

Hi @Lalle

Thanks for your message. Good to know that it works for you as testing is hard without many carsā€¦

Hey i download the JAR and save it in the addon folder. After restart of OH 3.1 i could not find the Binding.
Are there more stettings required ?
I would like ti test the binding with my ZOE

No you did the right thing. To install it and no settings are required. I do not know why you do not have the binding available. File permissionsā€¦ wrong addons folderā€¦ addons not addonā€¦ ???

Hey there it was my failure. I didnt recognized that the manual installed binding is not seen under the bindings in the menu bar. I found the binding under things. Here it was easy to add an item for my ZOE. Now i will test the binding and give feedback.

Now all 3 items runing stabel. Good Job. TKS to all :+1:

I have updated the Renault binding Jar:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rq9X1WidTgwqaqW5RIH1YNEIecRn_bEE/view?usp=sharing

There is an updated readme: https://github.com/dougculnane/openhab-addons/tree/renault/bundles/org.openhab.binding.renault

You can not get a URL for the My Renault Picture and location of the car, as well as the battery level.

1 Like

I installed the jar, reboot, and configured it but always get this :

2021-10-28 16:36:38.730 [ERROR] [ding.renault.internal.RenaultHandler] - Error My Renault Http Session.

java.lang.Exception: Get Cockpit Error: Not Implemented

at org.openhab.binding.renault.internal.renault.api.MyRenaultHttpSession.getLocation(MyRenaultHttpSession.java:245) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.renault.internal.renault.api.MyRenaultHttpSession.updateCarData(MyRenaultHttpSession.java:68) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.renault.internal.RenaultHandler.getStatus(RenaultHandler.java:86) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

I was wondering if this wold work in any country or does it has anything to do with locale ?

any help is welcome
thanks

Hi @loyd

There is nothing here to suggest certain cars or locations have problems.
https://renault-api.readthedocs.io/en/latest/endpoints.html#cockpit

The Locale is the language and country of your MyRenault App accountā€¦ You will have to guess this. I translated the python lib that has this Locale data:
https://github.com/hacf-fr/renault-api/blob/main/src/renault_api/const.py

into java here:

So unless I made a mistake for your Locale then I do not know why it does not work for your car. It is hard to test and reproduce this without owning your carā€¦

@loyd Maybe your car or locale has no v2 apiā€¦? Maybe I should handle the error to ignore unsupported features? Let me know if you can test a new version with a change in error handling.

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your reply
The car is actually a Zoe 40 R110
I was reading that it works for other users, not sure in which country they are !?

I have tried all Locale values actually but always got the same error

Hint : car location never worked either in the Renault app, that only retrieve the phone location insteadā€¦ so indeed that might be missing for some account

If thereā€™s a way to ignore it, I am happy to test the code

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Doug,

for my ZOE pre facelift the new binding will not work. It goes ā€œonlineā€ for short and then shows ā€œerrorā€.

Reg Lars

@loyd and @Lalle

Here is a debug version:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AQtxh4e-k_II_1KUsLB0ximh2-wb9cSD/view?usp=sharing

I would also need to know if these channels (information) work in the MyRenault App?

batterylevel - State of the battery in %
hvacstatus - HVAC status switch
image - Image of MyRenault
location - The GPS position of the vehicle
odometer - Total distance travelled

There might be functional restrictions on your Car and or Account. If it does not work in the MyRenault App it will not work in the binding.

To understand your issues better please test this version and I need the openhab.log file part with the Response errors. (DO NOT POST Personal or sensitive info like VIN numbers from the log fileā€¦)

Thanks for the help.

Thanks so much Doug for the quick reply !
Iā€™ve updated the binding to the debug and now itā€™s slightly different.

It still throw a NullPointerException and thing goes OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)
BUT ā€¦ it get the battery value ! ā€¦once ! then the binding goes offline/error

==> /var/log/openhab/openhab.log <==
2021-11-03 20:32:05.547 [ERROR] [nal.renault.api.MyRenaultHttpSession] - Location Response: [501] Not Implemented
{"type":"TECHNICAL","messages":[{"code":"err.tech.501","message":"{\"errors\":[{\"status\":\"501\",\"code\":\"error.internal\",\"detail\":\"This feature is not technically supported by this gateway\"}]}"}],"errors":[{"errorCode":"err.tech.501","errorMessage":"{\"errors\":[{\"status\":\"501\",\"code\":\"error.internal\",\"detail\":\"This feature is not technically supported by this gateway\"}]}"}],"error_reference":"TECHNICAL"}
2021-11-03 20:32:06.368 [ERROR] [ding.renault.internal.RenaultHandler] - Error My Renault Http Session.
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at org.openhab.binding.renault.internal.RenaultHandler.updateState(RenaultHandler.java:100) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.renault.internal.RenaultHandler.getStatus(RenaultHandler.java:87) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]
==> /var/log/openhab/events.log <==
2021-11-03 20:32:06.374 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'RenaultBinding_BatteryLevel' changed from NULL to 85.0
2021-11-03 20:32:06.406 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'renault:car:d1a12c2404' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)

in the (ugly) Renault App i can get :
batterylevel - YES
hvacstatus - YES (this is cumbersome tough and HVAC activation/status works 1 out of 10)
image - YES
location - not the car location, but the phone running the app location (useless)
odometer - yes
ZoƩ a is ZE40 phase 2, R110, from 2018 in Switzerland

so it looks like Location Response: [501] Not Implemented is the trouble maker
the only valuable info i am looking for at the end is the battery %

Happy to help debugging further
thanks

@loyd Thanks for the feedback this it really helpful to understand the different set ups.

The ā€œLocation Response: [501]ā€ maybe because your car does not have a Navigation System option?

I will improve the binding to get each bit of information it can rather than the lot or fail. This means that it will be partly useful rather than useless if your car is different to mineā€¦

Thanks again.

Car has navigation system built-in ā€¦