BMW ConnectedDrive Binding

It´s the same backend and that didn´t changed with the new App.
As already mentioned, my binding is online with the version from this post.

I can acknowledge. This binding seems to use a different login/authentication method to the BMW backend and this is the only one working currently.

Just tried the binding from this post. Doesn’t work either. Same error as official BMW binding:

Total timeout 10000 ms elapsed

EDIT: Just cleaned the cache and updated OH and now its working again!

1 Like

Came here for the obvious same problem. I have to note that on Friday morning, I had to re-authenticate to ConnectedDrive in my car and my “My BMW” Android app. And at that point the OpenHAB binding also broke - but I only noticed it just now.

I can also confirm replacing the binding with the one linked in the previous posts brings things back online!

The binding does not connect using the latest nightly build.
After changing to the above linked binding, everything works as usual.

Hello Everybody,

I had the same Problem:
At 10.08.2021 I restartet my OpenHAB 3.1.0.M4. Since this moment the Connected Drive Binding had Communitications Errors (mostly: COMMUNICATION_ERROR Total timeout 10000 ms elapsed)


  1. Delete Connected Drive Things (Bridge and Vehicels)
  2. Deinstall Connected Drive Binding wich comes with the 3.1.0.M4 Release
  3. Stop openhab
  4. Clear cache and tmp folders (see Clear the Cache)
  5. Copy org.openhab.binding.bmwconnecteddrive-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar (from BMW ConnectedDrive Binding - #94 by weymann) to “addons” Folder
  6. Start openhab
  7. Create new Connected Drive Bridge and Vehicels Things (in Things configuration page in the UI simply click “+”. There you will see the manual added Binding)

Now everything works again for me.


Hi Bernd,

does oauth is still working with the 2.5.9. version of this binding? I do not dare to switch to OH3.

2021-08-21 21:36:05.359 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model ‘bmw.items’
2021-08-21 21:36:36.785 [WARN ] [rive.internal.handler.VehicleHandler] - ConnectedDrive Proxy isn’t present
2021-08-21 21:36:41.783 [INFO ] [internal.handler.ConnectedDriveProxy] - Auth
2021-08-21 21:36:41.936 [WARN ] [internal.handler.ConnectedDriveProxy] - Server returned HTTP response code: 400 for URL:

BMW changed server access for authentication and all versions OH2.x and 3 are affected. I applied the changes also in the OH2 binding which accessible in the top post. Simply exchange the jar and it should work again.

1 Like

I can see that there was a commit for the 2.5.9 binding 2 days ago, but the 3.1.0 is still 5 months old.

Is the fix available in the 3.2.0-snapshot?

Just put org.openhab.binding.bmwconnecteddrive-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar into my addons folder.
Before removed old one, stop oh, cleared cache temp, start oh.

The binding does not show up. No log entry also.

I use docker.
Did open a shell in the container, there is a /addon folder and the .jar file is in the folder. File owner is openhab, changed rights to 777 still no luck.

Any ideas?

I did get the addon via wget and the file size is smaller than the version downloaded on my windows machine. Copied it from the windows machine and the addon starts.

At least with an error :frowning:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.bmwconnecteddrive [278]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: javax.measure; version="[1.0.0,2.0.0)"

Hi, I am using 3.1.0. Do you have a fixed jar as well ? Thanks, Lars

Same here - i am also using stable 3.1.0 and got for a while now:

Bad Request

In the logs:

13:20:44.931 [WARN ] [b.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler VehicleHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.

I’ve got the same error “Bad Request” with the newest plugin and OH 2.5.9

Any news / updates to this?

Pull request was merged yesterday so changes will be in next milestone.

1 Like

I had this problem too - there was a major change between OH 3.0 and OH 3.1. Running now OH 3.1 with the bundle prepared for 3.2 without problems. Please check the latest release candidate from the links of the top post.

1 Like

@Lars_Deutsch @e36Alex @Benedikt_Penner
Please check the latest release candidate from the links of the top post.

  • 2.5.x is still working on my side
  • 3.x is updated with the latest release candidate
1 Like

Thank you very much! 3.x is working fine for me, now…!

Did use the 3.2 bundle you recommend.
First check, my bmw items get populated with values again.
This seems to work.

THX !!