Busch-Jaeger Free@Home

I am sorry for confusion, I had issue with Java. Everything works fine.

Hi,

I just tried to use virtual F@home Switches in free@home scenes - I see then, can set and save them into Scenes, but when the scene is triggered the virtual switches do nothing - is that bug still unsolved ? F@h 3.1.2 Openhab 3.4.3 Binding 3.3.0 (seems thatā€™s still the latest?) .

Edit: I tried Devices set
up with virtualDeviceEmulation and set up without, outside of
the scene those switches work perfectly, but seem to not work in a scene.
Any ideas ?

Edit2: Adding virtualDeviceEmulation in the backup file, reloading the backup into the AP was not enough - restarting the F@h SystemAP then made it work!

Thanks, Olaf

1 Like

Yes, I am also back to using virtualDeviceEmulation for my virtual switches.

just for your info, I just installed 4.0 M2 and the binding works

The binding is installed and it works for existing things in Openhab 4.0 M2, but Iā€™m not able to add new things. The binding is not listed any more in the ā€œadd thing menuā€

I have also been successfully running F@H binding version 3.3 under OH 4.0M2 (Sysap FW 3.1.2), although without being required to make changes to existing setup, thus being unaware of the issue pointed out by @ML1982, so thanks for bringing it up.

Have made a new compilation of the binding, under 4.0 development environment, and the new version compiles successfully without errors, but still unable to find binding under ā€œadd thingā€.
org.openhab.binding.freeathome-4.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

See others have reported similar issues for manual installs of bindings, so need to investigate further.

Following:

And further:

It seems like a workaround (for now) to use Developer Sidebar from main UI to add things (not tested myself).

Hello
I am using this binding under OH 3.4.2 and it works great. Before I dare the update to OH 4, I would like to know whether the BJ binding also works under OH 4.
Thank you

It works, I made the Update last week.

Many thanks for your response. Are you using freeathome-4.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar or the ā€œold 3.4ā€ version?

Thanks

Both work, but I forgot to mention that there is still the problem of adding new things.
See here:

Thank you for the answer. I have now updated and BJ is working.

I once had the problem with the missing binding with ZWave. I typed http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/settings/things/add/freeathome in the browser and see the binding page with scan button. Scan works then too.

Greetings

2 Likes

thanks a lot, it works.

Did anyone upgraded the Firmware to 3.2.1 and knows how the connection between openhab works ?

thx Stephan

just scroll up to april 2023, there are a posts about 3.2.1.

I my case it is still running without any problems.
Iā€™m using:
Version 3.1.2 | Revision 10109

But a few days ago 3.2.1 (Edit 01.11.2023: 3.2.2 was a typo) has been released, did anybody the update?

1 Like

Same question here. Anyone tried 3.2.2?

just for information, Iā€™ve updated my Busch JƤger SysAp from 3.1.2 to version 3.2.1 and it works with the binding.

@LuiSauberhorn I think 3.2.2 was an typo, i wrote 3.2.2 in my previous post, that was wrong.

Here is my current configuration.
Busch JƤger FW 3.2.1 | Revsion 11076

Openhab 4.0.3

1 Like

Has the ā€œAdd new thingsā€-problem in OH4 been solved in the meantime?

FW 3.2.2 is in fact the latest version. I am successfully running this OH addon along with FW 3.2.2 and OH 4.1.0.M2.

@Cybso with this workaround, you can add new things.
just enter the url:

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/settings/things/add/freeathome

and you will see this page